Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    The incentive scheme is driven toward quick transactions.
    Yes, and the BEST way to do that, is to price right. That means to price it where the seller will sell, and the buyer will buy.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    were I you, I'd stick to my guns and not let the emotion of purchasing cause you to make a poor decision.
    And, it is such an emotional decision.

What has helped us keep some objectivity is that when we see a property of interest, we plug the numbers into our household budget and see if we can still eat. If so, then we consider drawing up a contract.

As of right now, it looks like the options are a trailer and steak, or a mansion and peanut butter (no jelly or bread). Hopefully, there's a colonial somewhere to be found where we can have pot roast and potatoes occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Yes, and the BEST way to do that, is to price right. That means to price it where the seller will sell, and the buyer will buy.
    But the buyer's agent and the seller's agent both want to sell ASAP, so in fact, price (which should be the #1 concern) is truly secondary.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    But the buyer's agent and the seller's agent both want to sell ASAP, so in fact, price (which should be the #1 concern) is truly secondary.
    However, if the data available to the appraiser does not reasonably support that sale price, the sale cannot go through (unless the buyer is willing to pay "more than market" price). Most people believe the appraiser's job for a purchase transaction is to determine the value of the property - in reality it is to confirm the price being paid would be paid by the market or a reasonable person given the current state of the market.

All of this, of course, is predicated on the seller, listing agent, selling agent and appraiser conduting business in a legal and ethical manner....
    You make them sound worse the used car salesman
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You make them sound worse the used car salesman
    Not sure I catch your meaning?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12