View Poll Results: Which Democrat has the highest IQ?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harry Ried

    1 6.67%
  • Hillary Clinton

    9 60.00%
  • Ted Kennedy

    2 13.33%
  • Howard Dean

    3 20.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Let’s use this as an example. Howard Dean is an MD. That would mean he went to medical school. I’m not sure, but I don’t think you’re a doctor or have done all that medical school stuff, so if you were on the list, that would make Howard smarter then you. See how easy that was.
    Are you saying MDs are smarter that other Ph.D.s or what? Besides, a Ph.D. is not necessarily a sign of a high IQ, and a person with a high IQ is not necessarily a good politician. I guess it doesn't harm, but it is not of central importance, certainly not above a certain threshold.
    Are you part of the group in favor of broadening citizenship requirements?
    Yes, of course. So?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  2. #42  
    Now there you go again clulup. Changing facts to fit your views by claiming the Verizon,SBC/debate was about market capitalization when it never was.

    The facts:

    - I claimed Verizon & SBC as the world leaders in telco.
    - You claimed Vodafone was larger. The justification YOU put on it was market capitalization.
    - The list YOU posted was Forbes list of the 500 largest companies of the world.
    - The list had Verizon and SBC ranked something like 300 spots higher than Vodafone.

    Conclusion:
    - Your logic was flawed in defining "largeness" based on market capitalization.

    PLEASE answer me this, if market capitalization were the bottomline for determining largeness of a company, wouldn't the economic experts at Forbes have Vodafone ranked higher??

    If you answer no, then you are claiming to be more economically knowledgeable than Forbes which would make you arrogantly wrong.

    If you answer yes, then you are admitting you were originally wrong.

    Either way, you ARE wrong. Just be a man and admit it for ONCE.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Now there you go again clulup. Changing facts to fit your views by claiming the Verizon,SBC/debate was about market capitalization when it never was.

    The facts:

    - I claimed Verizon & SBC as the world leaders in telco.
    - You claimed Vodafone was larger. The justification YOU put on it was market capitalization.
    - The list YOU posted was Forbes list of the 500 largest companies of the world.
    - The list had Verizon and SBC ranked something like 300 spots higher than Vodafone.

    Conclusion:
    - Your logic was flawed in defining "largeness" based on market capitalization.

    PLEASE answer me this, if market capitalization were the bottomline for determining largeness of a company, wouldn't the economic experts at Forbes have Vodafone ranked higher??

    If you answer no, then you are claiming to be more economically knowledgeable than Forbes which would make you arrogantly wrong.

    If you answer yes, then you are admitting you were originally wrong.

    Either way, you ARE wrong. Just be a man and admit it for ONCE.
    Ok, if you say so, I was wrong, sorry for the mistake.

    However, I still don't quite understand what I got wrong. So far, I indeed was under the impression that market capitalisation is a very good indicator for the size of a company. It says how much stockholders are willing to pay for a company (generally speaking).

    Profit, on the other hand, is a bad indicator. It can change a lot from year to year, and even become negative. Would you say a company with a loss has a negative size?

    The Forbes 2000 ranking is based on "a composite of sales, profits, assets and market value". I don't know how exactly that composite is calculated, but the ranking certainly does not mean "size". In the year used in the Fobes comparison (2004 numbers), Vodafone had a loss and Verizon made a profit. Since the Forbes ranking is also based on profit, of course Vodafone gets a lower ranking. However, despite the loss, stockholders were still willing to pay 79% more for Vodafone as a whole than for Verizon.

    You can also use revenues (where Verizon is higher than Vodafone) or Assets (where Vodafone is higher), or number of employees (don't know).

    In case the Forbes ranking indicates "size" of a company, you are right and I am wrong. However, since stockholders take into consideration profits, revenues, assets and last but not least prospects, and all of this is expressed in the share price and therefore market capitalisation, I still believe market cap is a very good indicator for the size of a company.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Ok, if you say so, I was wrong, sorry for the mistake... you are right and I am wrong.
    I just had to run to the window and make sure the sky wasn't falling, then I desperately held onto the door knob before gravity started to work in reverse, then I checked my voicemail to see if Britney Spears finally returned all my phone calls...

    It's ok buddy. The world didn't end.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I just had to run to the window and make sure the sky wasn't falling, then I desperately held onto the door knob before gravity started to work in reverse, then I checked my voicemail to see if Britney Spears finally returned all my phone calls...

    It's ok buddy. The world didn't end.
    Ok, now read the rest of the post...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I just had to run to the window and make sure the sky wasn't falling, then I desperately held onto the door knob before gravity started to work in reverse, then I checked my voicemail to see if Britney Spears finally returned all my phone calls...

    It's ok buddy. The world didn't end.
    The end times are indeed upon us.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    The end times are indeed upon us.
    Maybe still better than the New York Times or the Financial Times?

    Seriously though, is that what you believe? End time?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  8. #48  
    End times???

    What if it were the end times? Would that affect your behavior?

    Remember, we don't have to believe in Friday and it will come anyway. All hail WEEKEND!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    End times???

    What if it were the end times? Would that affect your behavior?
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles M. Schulz)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  10. #50  
    What if you're in Australia, Mate??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. #51  
    You should have set the poll to show who voted for who....that might have been interesting.

    I have to admit I was a rebel and purposely voted wrong to screw the results.....I voted for Ted Kennedy.
  12. #52  
    hey..

    Is there a democrat with an IQ above a single digit
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions