1.    #1  
    I have tried to paste photos from my computer into a post or two here, and when I hit the Insert Image icon, I get a script prompt, that I just don't understand. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any guidance.
    If you want to attach an image to a post from your PC, use the "Manage Attachments" button below the editor. The "insert image" or [img][/img] tags are for offsite linking, with a url.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Thank you!
    But wait, how would I actually paste it into the body of the message?
    And thanks for the noob training 101, I really to appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you mean like this?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If you have a pic that you want in your post (not an attachment that someone has to click onto) then the pic has to be somewhere on the internet so that you can just insert a link to the pic.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Here are some examples of inserting ULR pictures longhanded, just scroll down to images...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#url

You can also select "Go Advanced" below your post before you submit it and select the icon and in the dialog that opens enter the ULR to your picture.

As T2 says, the picture will have to reside somewhere on the internet, not on your harddrive.

N.B. - In order to be able to embed a picture the thread "Posting Rules" must have [IMG] enabled... look way down on the left at the bottom of the thread to see the Posting Rules box.
    Happy 2000th OTR!! Fitting you do it while helping someone link to a pic!

nickf129, you can use sites like www.photobucket.com to host your pictures, so that you may use the tag. Be advised though, not all forums on T|C allow offsite linking.

To be sure, look at the "posting rules" on the lower left of the page. It will say:
    [IMG] code is On (meaning you can link), or
    [IMG] code is Off (meaning nope, can't do it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Happy 2000th OTR!! Fitting you do it while helping someone link to a pic!
    Why, thank you SIR!

2000 is not as big a pile of posts as 5000 though... behind you all the way on your quest SIR!

10.    #10  

I have been schooled. Thank you gentlemen.
    Success! Aint TC grand.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Success! Aint TC grand.
    And to be taught by OTR, the King of Pictures, there can be no finer honor!