Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Perhaps you should read "Worshipping at the Altar of Technique: Manic Aggressive Medicine and Law" C. R. DiSalvo, Villanova Law Rev. 1995; 40:1365-1393. The thinking that there is a technique (or method - perhaps using computers, cameras etc.) to protect people can cost us more than we would like. IMHO.
    GreyWolf
    Originally posted by bkbk
    Cops are some of the most stupid "professionals" you'll ever meet.
    Try talking to one (ANY one) for about a half hr. ANY time, ANY day, ANYwhere.
    Ever see one win "Jeopardy"? I never have.
    They don't know a thing.
    They can't do their jobs.
    They don't know their jobs.
    They don't think of us as people.
    They don't understand our rights.
    They don't care.

They don't HAVE to care, because we stupidly absolve them of their resp. to answer for their corrupt, often evil, actions (incl. stupidity), incl. EXECUTING INNOCENT, UNARMED CITIZENS.
    That's quite possibly the most preposterous thing I've ever heard in all my life! You're trying to say that there isn't one good cop out there? Get real! If that's really the way you think, I almost feel sorry for you.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by MelHerd
    Perhaps you should read "Worshipping at the Altar of Technique: Manic Aggressive Medicine and Law" C. R. DiSalvo, Villanova Law Rev. 1995; 40:1365-1393. The thinking that there is a technique (or method - perhaps using computers, cameras etc.) to protect people can cost us more than we would like. IMHO.
    Unlikely I'll read a self-serving (most likely) Law Review piece -- can you just list a few of the things it would "cost us more than we would like"?

THE EVIL CORRUPT SYSTEM IN PLACE WE HAVE NOW IS COSTING US PLENTY.

Mark:
    Simple test of a good cop:
    Seek & destroy all the bad cops.

Not one of them will.
    Out of "loyalty."
    "Loyalty" to other (bad) cops is DISLOYALTY / BETRAYAL of the citizens.

And I'm not anti-cop, as easy & facile an "analysis" as that would be:
    REWARD THE GOOD COPS "CAUGHT" ON VIDEO DOING GOOD.

THE HALLMARK OF THE ASTOUNDING CORRUPTION OF EVERY LIVING COP ... IS THAT ...
    ... NOT ONE OF THEM IS INTERESTED IN THIS.

THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW PURE EVIL.

"If the GOOD PEOPLE don't do anything about the BAD PEOPLE, then the good people ARE the bad people."
    OKAY...
    On a serious note, bkbk, YOU NEED HELP!! Man, your train of thought is scary (am I the only one to think this?)! What's with all the talk about A.I.? Are you SERIOUS?

If you are serious, I really feel sorry for you. Have you been betrayed, taken advantage of, lied to, used, and/or shunned by so many people that you have given up on humanity? It would appear that you have a closer, more trusting relationship with you computers than to other people to actually say that A.I. could be a better judge of HUMAN actions than HUMANS themselves.

I don't believe that what you said below is true. You can call me an ***** if that'll make you feel better, but I can guarentee that I'm not the only one that sees what you said below is not true.

As usual, not a lot of time to elaborate (I live a busy, rich life, not the "pathetic, lonely" one some ***** "speculated" [sorry if it was one of the last few posters -- but can you expect me to keep track of drivel like that?]), but I'll do what I can with the time I've got.
    You can go ranting about how much you read or how intelligent you are, but you are not fooling anyone here that you are "pathetic" and "lonely".

There's no doubt from reading you posts that you are bitter. I think you need help...I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life, but try some personal interaction with something other than your computer.
    Fat's
    Unlikely I'll read a self-serving (most likely) Law Review piece -- can you just list a few of the things it would "cost us more than we would like"?
    Why should he expound? You don't. Refusing to read a piece of information because it may disagree with your personal beliefs is a nice way to keep your bubble from being pricked. And I'd like you to remember your stance on cops when they drive you 30 miles to a small town and give you $20 because you ran out of gas and your broke. Or when you have stalkers in your yard the first night you move your wife of 3 weeks and son of 1 year into your new home (look how evil I am! I try to be funny so I'm a liar and I had a child out of wedlock!). Some cops are too busy doing their jobs to try and right all the moral wrongs of the world. These are the ones whose actions are all the moral testimony they need. I used to hate cops until I realized that 99 out of 100 of them are doing their jobs the best they can. The problems come from the 1% who don't and the idiots who won't forgive and let us move on (as if they themselves had been slighted when they actually just saw a "documentary" on TV). I think you'd live a better life if you'd quit with all the sweeping generalizations and try to get to know people on a personal level. Think about what you do for a living and the generalizations that can be made. What do you do on a day to day basis to correct people's thinking? Or do you just come on VC and use that energy to bash the police, lawyers, judges, and whoever else mortally offended you by busting their asses every day trying to do the best job they can for the most part (and not getting paid squat to do it in the case of the police)? You're really stuck on yourself, aren't you?

P.S. If you're curious as to my occupation I'm a CNA at a nursing home. I wipe asses for the people who can't wipe their own. It'd be interesting to see how long your arrogance lasted where I work.

[Edited by ****-richardson on 01-22-2001 at 01:49 AM]
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    "I used to hate cops until I realized that 99 out of 100 of them are doing their jobs the best they can."
    Well it's just NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
    That's the POINT.

I'm a healthy life-long athlete ... and more than a match for any cop who ever lived ... as long as you put a gun in my hand. (I could prob. take out quite a few of them before they "got me," in fact.)
    BUT THEY'VE TAKEN THE GUNS OUT OF OUR HANDS, HAVEN'T THEY.
    Ain't that sweet?
    Ain't it easy to "act the tough cop in uniform" WHEN YOU KNOW EVERYONE AROUND YOU IS UNARMED?
    GIVE ME BACK MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, AND THE POLICE WILL FIND OUT WHAT WEEPY LITTLE BABIES THEY REALLY ARE -- AND YOU'LL SEE HOW POWERFULLY AND DEFTLY A MAN CAN PROTECT HIS WIFE AND FAMILY ON HIS OWN.

Surrrrrrrrrrrrrre ... driving someone 20 mi. & giving them $20 surrrrrrrrrrrrre makes up for GUNNING DOWN INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO ARE UNARMED AND HAVE COMMITTED NO CRIME.
    (And, by the way, LOTS of cops have done the 20/20 thing for for me! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOT!)

You can weep and wonder at my amazing bitterness ... but does that invalidate my points? I WISH IT DID. BUT THE WORST THING ABOUT THEM IS THEY'RE ALL ACCURATE.

And ... do you think I was BORN this bitter? No, I live my stupendous, magnificent life like a free man in a free society w/all the world has to offer at my fingertips ... until the maggot legal / law enforcement system "decides it's time to screw with The People." Who? It could be YOU. TOMORROW. There are no guarantees it won't be.
    And that's all I ask.
    I FEEL FOR THE UNFORTUNATES AROUND ME (AS, SO FAR, I'VE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH NOT TO HAVE BEEN GUNNED DOWN BY THE CRIMINALS IN BLUE UNIFORMS) ... I'M NOT JUST IN THIS FOR SELFISH REASONS (THOUGH I OF COURSE WANT ***MY*** CIVIL RIGHTS PROTECTED, TOO).

And it's not mere arrogance, kids -- that's why I want the planet videotaped ... so confused folks like yourself who "think they have something to say" as they click along the keys w/out much of an idea of who/what they're writing about ... will be able to SEE THE HARD EVIDENCE OF HOW MAGNIFICENTLY A PERSON SUCH AS MYSELF HAS LIVED HIS LIFE.

People like you don't seem to understand that there is a way to say the following w/humility -- and I'm saying it:
    GOD LIKELY LOOKS DOWN FROM HEAVEN EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE, AND SAYS: "WHY CAN'T MORE PEOPLE BE LIKE BKBK"?

You unlikely have ANY IDEA what I do for the planet (and it's people -- if I "really am" superior in any way, shape or form, it would be incumbent upon me, a la noblesse oblige, to HELP people I thought to be my inferiors, right? Right.) on a day-to-day basis. The astounding amount of rich data I've freely given you all here (which it's pretty clear not each and every one of the over-4,000 viwers is "quite worthy of" to coin a phrase) is incontrovertible proof of that. You could ask any top expert -- don't ask the idiots you have for friends & family; they're not gonna know.

Yeah, I've taken on the pigs in authority -- often to my detriment, though never in the wrong. (I wouldn't take them on, if I was.)
    "I Fight Authority / Authority Always Wins" as Mellencamp sings every so often.
    But its often in the wrong.
    And even though I lose, I continue to fight the good fight, because I know I'm right.
    (That's why I continually check my Moral Compass w/the top books of all time, etc. -- so I can be CERTAIN I'm not just some joker out to serve his own ego. And why I can so safely ignore idiots who "plead" with me to "get help" as if they had a clue about the subject under discussion.)

But "right" and "wrong" are just amusing words to them ... like the gorillas in the "Planet of the Apes" films (said to be "the most powerful / barbaric" simians -- which the cops so resemble) ... THEY REALLY ONLY HAVE A SINGLE THOUGHT IN THEIR MINDS, WHICH REASON NEVER APPROACHES:

=============
    "AFTER YOU STOP FLAPPING YOUR GUMS, I WHIP OUT MY .45"
    =============

That's what cops are made of.

And I WOULDN'T wipe asses for a living.
    If that's your thing -- hey, more power to you; I'm glad you're paid for something I wouldn't do.

You can wipe mine, though.

[Edited by bkbk on 01-22-2001 at 03:50 AM]
    If enjoying life is criminal then only the criminals will enjoy their lives.

Point a: Cops and people and judges are all human.

Point b: Human, or being human, by demonstation, is being falible. To be wrong or have the infinite cosmic option of being wrong against all opposing forces.

Now with those kind of odds, would you place your life in the hands of an inflinchable system made by humans( refer to point b) that refuses to base its judgments upon anything except the law. Laws made by people (refer to point b). In all honesty bkbk I fully agree with you except for one part. That would be the part involving machines (no matter how smart) enforcing human(refer to point b) laws. Human laws when interpreted to the fullest most distorted extent that they can be, are absolutly wrong. The whole reason for jurys (of which I have been on roughly 10) is to take into account the intent of an action no matter how illegal it is and base judgment from there. Mind you lawyers (notice I didnt include them in the list of humans) spend plenty of time trying to manipulate the laws and the jurys.

If an armed intruder breaks into you car or appartment and you interpret them as a threat you bludgen them unconsious should you be charged with assault ? Should you get to share a cell with someone who fully intended to rob or possibly murder you ? And if you think yes , when was your last mental exam ? No cop or DA is going to charge you with assualt for defending your life or property because they know better they can interpret intent and realize when something you've done is illegal but not wrong.

If a doctor tries an unorthodox but safer technique to save someones life and they are in such poor condition that they die anyways should the doctor be held responsible? There are absolutly no laws against not trying to help someone. If I or anyone else see someone dying in the street and happen to know that applying the apropriate pressure could stem the flow of blood and save that persons life. And if that person lives and feel that you were too rough trying to save their life or if they die and the family wants to sue you ? THERE ARE NO LAWS AGAINST NOT TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE. Should there be ?

Determining intent is the only way that our legal system can manage when to apply the full force if any to the law.

I would absolutly agree with you if all laws were tossed out. My second contention is that any ai would have to be smart enough to understand and relate to humor, music and love. Traits present in reasonably inteligent life. And since that is just not in the cards, deal.

It would be a great idea. Eccept with our current laws no one is pristine enough to make the cut and then we would have to turn the would into a penal colony to accomodate prison crowding and then we would be right back where we started.

NO ONE IS PRISTINE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT PAST EVERY CURRENT LAW.
    And really should we all have to be ? If we had to would be be happy having have the Sword of Damocles hanging above our heads ? And isnt the point to enjoy your life ? Not get bent out of shape on things that no-one can do anything about. And in theory wouldn't the easiest way just be to try your best to fix the things you can and try not to dwell on the things you can't fix. And if you dont hurt yourself, others or damage/steal other peoples property; when you are alone in the dark the only person you have to answer to is yourself.

Bane
    Bane,
    I think my last post took so long to type, yours went in before mine, as I believe I rebut a # of your points in it already.
    Gotta sleep now; rebut the rest later. Somehow I'm sure there'll be other postings to rebut by then, too.

And, dude, what's w/the:

"Evil Geniuses Kick ***"?
    (A gag, I hope? 'Cause ... that'd be Satan)

CREATIVE Geniuses Kick ***
    (That'd be God.)
    People like you don't seem to understand that there is a way to say the following w/humility -- and I'm saying it:
    GOD LIKELY LOOKS DOWN FROM HEAVEN EVERY DAY OF HIS LIFE, AND SAYS: "WHY CAN'T MORE PEOPLE BE LIKE BKBK"?
    Wow.
    My thought is to not foolishly design to ultimate means to our undoing. Big frickin deal if the current system sucks. They only thing that can happen by invloving machines is that we make it worse .... I am great friends with a number of police officers. I am no first citizen but I am not nescisarily public enemy either. Most people also sit in the nice little grey area as well. Just because something is illegal doesnt make it wrong. Just because something is wrong doesnt make it illegal.

" "I used to hate cops until I realized that 99 out of 100 of them are doing their jobs the best they can."
    That's the POINT. "

Yeah see there is that 1% of cops who suck. Great lets get rid of them. OH hey what % of people break the law ? Well hell, screw it, OK ya sold me lets get rid of everyone. Oh wait that would be dumb. Because it is unreasonable. And the two things seem to have a parallel. Perhaps because they are both unreasonable ? yes I think that might be it.

Police are not the answer but getting rid of them or replacing them with machines is not the answer either.

What you propose is the Sword of Damocles.

Hang it above your own head before you consider mine or anyone elses. See how long you last. Whats that? you dont have anything to fear ? Me neither. Doesnt mean that I want it hanging above my head.

What you repeatedly suggest is the opposite of personal freedom. And you can take my personal freedom after pry it out of my cold dead hands.

I pity any man individually or as part of a group who unjustly comes to my door looking for trouble. I dont and wont own a firearm. Dont need one. More people shoot themselves with their own firearms then any other gun related injury.

I easily can understand the illusion of security and safety that a firearm yealds. But no one is going to take your
    gun(s) away. To disarm every citizen in this county would be an undertaking no army in the world could acheve ... so maybe you just need to relax a little and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and realize that no-one can take your freedom unless you let them or you give it to a machine.

Bane

And, dude, what's w/the:

"Evil Geniuses Kick ***"?
    (A gag, I hope? 'Cause ... that'd be Satan)

CREATIVE Geniuses Kick ***
    (That'd be God.)
    Some of the foulest and villianous deeds historicly have been done in the name of goodness and righteousness and God.

Likewise some of the most narrow minded, libelous, bigotous,treachurous people that I have ever encountered claimed to be good, righteous, godfearing, christian people. Therefore if they are good; I absolutely unargueable would prefer to be evil. Its a label. Actions speak louder than labels and some people I would rather be considered evil than be assocaited with. Besides if I ever snap and start ploting world domination I wont have to change my sig.

Bane

Not a Gag
    Sorry, my mistake.

[Edited by ****-richardson on 01-22-2001 at 12:28 PM]
    -Joshua
    "I used to hate cops until I realized that 99 out of 100 of them are doing their jobs the best they can."
    That's the POINT.
    One person's moral ineptitude doesn't invalidate the good deeds done by 99 others. Quite the opposite I'd say. I am not condoning that 1%. Punishment for those who abuse authority should be severe.
    I'm a healthy life-long athlete ... and more than a match for any cop who ever lived ... as long as you put a gun in my hand. (I could prob. take out quite a few of them before they "got me," in fact.)
    Good for you. That's great. I wish I could me more like you.
    BUT THEY'VE TAKEN THE GUNS OUT OF OUR HANDS, HAVEN'T THEY.
    Ain't that sweet?
    Ain't it easy to "act the tough cop in uniform" WHEN YOU KNOW EVERYONE AROUND YOU IS UNARMED?
    I didn't think I needed to explain the American legal system to you but it isn't the police who make the laws. It's the legislators that we voted for.
    GIVE ME BACK MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, AND THE POLICE WILL FIND OUT WHAT WEEPY LITTLE BABIES THEY REALLY ARE -- AND YOU'LL SEE HOW POWERFULLY AND DEFTLY A MAN CAN PROTECT HIS WIFE AND FAMILY ON HIS OWN.
    They haven't been taken from you. I myself own 8 guns (safely locked in my basement). So your saying that I should have taken my revolver and my Saturday night special out and "taken care" of the stalker? You're off buddy. It's people like you who push restrictive legislation through. I use my guns for hunting and collecting and keep them locked with myself in posession of the only key. That's responsible gun ownership. If you were unable to get a gun (or had a hard time doing so) I say GREAT. I wouldn't give you a gun either.
    Surrrrrrrrrrrrrre ... driving someone 20 mi. & giving them $20 surrrrrrrrrrrrre makes up for GUNNING DOWN INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO ARE UNARMED AND HAVE COMMITTED NO CRIME.
    (And, by the way, LOTS of cops have done the 20/20 thing for for me! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOT!)
    Amazingly enough the cop who drove me to a gas station and paid for my gas didn't gun down my wife and son who were waiting in the car.
    You can weep and wonder at my amazing bitterness ... but does that invalidate my points? I WISH IT DID. BUT THE WORST THING ABOUT THEM IS THEY'RE ALL ACCURATE.
    Your bitterness doesn't invalidate your points. Your fanatical adherance to nothing that resembles reality does.
    And ... do you think I was BORN this bitter? No, I live my stupendous, magnificent life like a free man in a free society w/all the world has to offer at my fingertips ... until the maggot legal / law enforcement system "decides it's time to screw with The People." Who? It could be YOU. TOMORROW. There are no guarantees it won't be.
    And that's all I ask.
    I don't give a flying @#$$ how you got to be that bitter. The fact that you are bitter is your own personal choice. It doesn't depend on whether or not someone "wronged" you. It's my considered opinion that you'd live a better life if you took your happiness into your own hands and didn't thrust your problems on everyone else. And when this "maggot legal / law enforcement system" screws with me I will act. I sure as **** don't need you to do it for me.
    I FEEL FOR THE UNFORTUNATES AROUND ME (AS, SO FAR, I'VE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH NOT TO HAVE BEEN GUNNED DOWN BY THE CRIMINALS IN BLUE UNIFORMS) ... I'M NOT JUST IN THIS FOR SELFISH REASONS (THOUGH I OF COURSE WANT ***MY*** CIVIL RIGHTS PROTECTED, TOO).
    They don't need your damn concern. Try helping them instead of coming of VC to advocate what a wonderful person you are.
    And it's not mere arrogance, kids -- that's why I want the planet videotaped ... so confused folks like yourself who "think they have something to say" as they click along the keys w/out much of an idea of who/what they're writing about ... will be able to SEE THE HARD EVIDENCE OF HOW MAGNIFICENTLY A PERSON SUCH AS MYSELF HAS LIVED HIS LIFE.
    I don't think I need to comment on this part. You did such a wonderful example proving my point anything I say would be superfluous.
    No there isn't. And if there were you sure wouldn't be doing it.
    You unlikely have ANY IDEA what I do for the planet (and it's people -- if I "really am" superior in any way, shape or form, it would be incumbent upon me, a la noblesse oblige, to HELP people I thought to be my inferiors, right? Right.) on a day-to-day basis. The astounding amount of rich data I've freely given you all here (which it's pretty clear not each and every one of the over-4,000 viwers is "quite worthy of" to coin a phrase) is incontrovertible proof of that. You could ask any top expert -- don't ask the idiots you have for friends & family; they're not gonna know.
    I, my family, and my friends are all capable of making our own decisions and don't need to talk to an "expert" to realize your a raving lunatic.
    Yeah, I've taken on the pigs in authority -- often to my detriment, though never in the wrong. (I wouldn't take them on, if I was.)
    "I Fight Authority / Authority Always Wins" as Mellencamp sings every so often.
    But its often in the wrong.
    And even though I lose, I continue to fight the good fight, because I know I'm right.
    (That's why I continually check my Moral Compass w/the top books of all time, etc. -- so I can be CERTAIN I'm not just some joker out to serve his own ego. And why I can so safely ignore idiots who "plead" with me to "get help" as if they had a clue about the subject under discussion.)
    Lk 6:37-42
    "Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give and gifts will be given to you; a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap. For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you." And He told them a parable, "Can a blind person guide a blind person? Will not both fall into a pit? No disciple is superior to the teacher; but when fully trained, every disciple will be like his teacher. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own? How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove that splinter in your eye,' when you do not even notice the wooden beam in your own eye? You hypocrite! Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."
    Better check those "top books" again, Slick.
    But "right" and "wrong" are just amusing words to them ... like the gorillas in the "Planet of the Apes" films (said to be "the most powerful / barbaric" simians -- which the cops so resemble) ... THEY REALLY ONLY HAVE A SINGLE THOUGHT IN THEIR MINDS, WHICH REASON NEVER APPROACHES:

=============
    "AFTER YOU STOP FLAPPING YOUR GUMS, I WHIP OUT MY .45"
    =============

That's what cops are made of.

And I WOULDN'T wipe asses for a living.
    If that's your thing -- hey, more power to you; I'm glad you're paid for something I wouldn't do.

You can wipe mine, though.
    You don't deserve to have me wipe your ***.

[Edited by ****-richardson on 01-22-2001 at 01:07 PM]
    -Joshua
    "HUMOR'S MORE COMPLEX than "just 1 method,"
    If this moron weren't so scary he would, himself, almost sound like the set-up for a joke:

"So there's this humourless, self-aggrandizing, gun-loving, preachy, self-serving moralistic hypocrite with a messianic complex..."

"yes, I'm desirable by the fairer babes, and have had MANY fiancees (& one wife)"
    A fiancee being someone to whom one has promised marriage, and a wife being the one to whom one fulfilled this promise... could that mean that bkbk (dare I say it?)... lied???
    Eschew obfuscation!
    It's becoming clear I'm dealing with the kind of "militant ignorance" Dr. Peck covers in P.O.T.L.
    He teaches quite about the Bible (and how easily it's misinterpreted by unthinking persons -- "THE PATH TO HOLINESS LIES THROUGH QUESTIONING EVERYTHING," he admonishes), for anyone who's got the courage to read his books, and aren't "afraid of experts."
    It's clear that leaves quite a few of you out.

It's also pretty clear why so many of you are afraid of being JUDGED FOR WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE, W/THE KIND OF OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE ONLY 24/7 VIDEOTAPE PROVIDES, including being afraid for your "cop friends."

The mammoth ignorance that obviously envelops a lot of your lives is plainly manifest when many of you seem to "concur" on the "fabricated figure" that "1% of cops are bad."

Don't forget to tell God that on Judgement Day.

I'll be there.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70

<and on and on and on>
    Wow.
    you can say that again. (i'm talking to gameboy, here, by the by. i might be converted to a gun owner if i read any more of bkbk's crap).

oh, and may i suggest calmly, and cooly, that this thread be closed? it's doin' no one any good at all, if you ask me.
    exit, pursued by a bear.
    It's clear to me that you have a very firmly held belief system. I don't agree with the idea that
    a) the cops and legal system are evil;
    b) good men are doing nothing;
    c) 24/7 video with "awaken" the masses and they will
    vanquish the evil (or make any difference at all).

However I do agree with questioning everything - including very firmly held beliefs.

Try reading:
    The Art of Peace by Morihei Ueshiba or,
    the DSM-IV.
    See you in heaven with Buddha.
    GreyWolf
  18.    #138  
    It's also pretty clear why so many of you are afraid of being JUDGED FOR WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE, W/THE KIND OF OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE ONLY 24/7 VIDEOTAPE PROVIDES, including being afraid for your "cop friends."
    It's not about being afraid of being taped. I feel that that infringes on my privacy. Any place that I'm forced to reveal personal information (address, phone number, etc) I do not shop at. It's not quite the same as videotape, but the same principle is there.

Do you support the FBI's Carnivore because you have "nothing to hide" on the Internet? I notice that you use "bkbk" as your handle. Why not use your real name? Do you have something to hide?

Most of this thread boils down to one of privacy. I value it very much, as do most of the people here. Since you don't seem to give a damn about personal privacy, why not put your camera where your mouth is? Register http://www.bkbk-cam.com and let's see your life 24x7. After all, you have nothing to hide right?
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    Most of this thread boils down to one of privacy. I value it very much, as do most of the people here. Since you don't seem to give a damn about personal privacy, why not put your camera where your mouth is? Register http://www.bkbk-cam.com and let's see your life 24x7. After all, you have nothing to hide right?
    Great idea! That way when the cops come after you and the court system tries to screw you over you have hard evidence what you were doing any given time of the day or night! It won't protect the rest of us "unfortunates" but it will protect you. SAVE YOURSELF, BKBK! IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME! MY ROOM IN HELL IS ASSURED! SATAN HAS THE FIRES STOKED UP! I CAN FEEL MY LEGS BURNING! DEAR LORD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO BKBK WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE?
    -Joshua
    It's becoming clear I'm dealing with the kind of "militant ignorance" Dr. Peck covers in P.O.T.L.
    Quite classic of the self-delusional to label as "ignorant" any view that differs from his own...
    He teaches quite about the Bible (and how easily it's misinterpreted by unthinking persons -- "THE PATH TO HOLINESS LIES THROUGH QUESTIONING EVERYTHING," he admonishes)
    Have you thought to question Dr. Peck's assertions?
    It's also pretty clear why so many of you are afraid of being JUDGED FOR WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE, W/THE KIND OF OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE ONLY 24/7 VIDEOTAPE PROVIDES
    If there is any judgement to be made, it would come from a far more enlightened source than narrow-minded demagogues such as yourself!
    The mammoth ignorance that obviously envelops a lot of your lives is plainly manifest when many of you seem to "concur" on the "fabricated figure" that "1% of cops are bad."
    And why do you assume that anyone here concurs with that figure? Is it because most don't concur with your figure that 100% of cops are oppresive "pigs"? I believe that true "thinking" people come to their own conclusions based on their life-experiences, and not because they read it in some book or hear it from some fanatic. If I were to simply choose from the two options - general concensus, or the distorted view of a lunatic, you bet I'd go with the former!
    You like to tout yourself as a "thinking" person, but mostly you spout the musings of other, like-minded, people (i.e. Dr. Peck and his P.O.T.L.)and then claim that this one, narrow, view is gospel! Not much evidence of clear thought there. Dr. Peck has no more insight into the human condition than does anyone else; he just wrote out his thoughts. To embrace his (or anybody's) books as divinely enlightened is a sure sign of a limited intelect.
    Originally posted by VTL (back a few pages...)
    [1] Hasn't this discussion wandered rather far afield from its original topic...
    (response) Originally posted by bkbk
    [1] Who is to say ... YOU?
    And who is to say that your demented rantings on everything from privacy to justice to God are "The Way"...YOU?
    Don't forget to tell God that on Judgement Day.
    I'll be there.
    And if the God of the Christian bible is the one passing judgement, I can't help but think that you're looking forward to a very warm eternity!
    Eschew obfuscation!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast