Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    The Political Loyalty Quiz

    10 Questions to Test Your Political Allegiance

    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...iticalquiz.htm

    Where do your political loyalties lie? Are you a true-blue Democrat or a red-blooded Republican? Take the Republican Loyalty Quiz and the Democratic Loyalty Quiz and we'll gauge where you fit on the political spectrum.
    Take both the Dem & and the Rep loyality quizz......and for this to really work you MUST be honest with each question. Dont do either test along party lines, answer each question how YOU personally feel.

    Then post your scores.

    Mine was:

    Rep: 7 out of 10

    Dem: 2 out of 10

    I obviously lean right, but I am not afraid to disagree with the right as well and I am willing to listen and recognize arguments from the left.

    What are your scores?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    What are your scores?
    Democrat 8 out of 10
    Republican 6 out of 10
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    What are your scores?
    Ahhh, and we're assuming that the average American understands the questions he/she is being asked. It's sad that the average American would need a "politics for dummies" dictionary to get through this accurately.



    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Ahhh, and we're assuming that the average American understands the questions he/she is being asked. It's sad that the average American would need a "politics for dummies" dictionary to get through this accurately.



    Pamela
    Hobbes and I are just diehards (BTW-a lot of the questions were slanted so that even if you didnt 100% agree you ended up picking an answer that classified you too much one way or the other.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hobbes and I are just diehards (BTW-a lot of the questions were slanted so that even if you didnt 100% agree you ended up picking an answer that classified you too much one way or the other.)
    FYI - I do understand the questions, but I'd say the bulk of people I know would just look to their "local leaders" and ask, "What should I say?"

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    FYI - I do understand the questions, but I'd say the bulk of people I know would just look to their "local leaders" and ask, "What should I say?"

    Pamela
    I think thats because most people are too busy working (not casting blame) and dont have time to debate and think out the repercussions of the decisions they make so we....defer to a politician (who its seems, doesnt have the time to read every bill and that politician defers to a staffer or lobbyist to decide for him what the vote should be (Yes, Im jaded).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think thats because most people are too busy working (not casting blame) and dont have time to debate and think out the repercussions of the decisions they make so we....defer to a politician (who its seems, doesnt have the time to read every bill and that politician defers to a staffer or lobbyist to decide for him what the vote should be (Yes, Im jaded).
    Coupled with the lack of interest to just read and understand how our government works.

    Case in point: We had a vote a few months ago to allow and tax slot machines at betting tracks. There was already a form of such activities which were not taxed.

    Some people said no because it hurts the wrong person (just like opponents of the lottery say it just sucks money out of the already-poor pockets). Thus, we can't leave each person to restrict themselves from forming a gambling habit.

    The election was a weekday and turnout SUCKED (we got there at noon and our polling place workers were completely bored - they greeted us with smiles galore - since 7 a.m., well less than 100 people in our area had voted).

    It would have passed, save for Jeb Bush coming out two days before telling people to vote against it. Thus, it now failed (though advanced polling showed it would pass).

    Thus, the public in our county voted to ban the approval of machines that would bring in more tax dollars, thus continuing the allowance of betting that had low tax revenue - all in places specifically put there for... gamblers.

    Yet the casinos on the reservations are just fine.

    Ask anyone on the street and they'll simply convey reasons no different than what a specific politician said, yet they're the ones who went to the poll and voted without researching any of it.

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Ask anyone on the street and they'll simply convey reasons no different than what a specific politician said, yet they're the ones who went to the poll and voted without researching any of it.

    Pamela
    Good story. Unfortunately we can't legislate stupidity, so if people are too dumb to vote for issues that are for their-own benefit that's not the government's fault. Having said that, I think there are plenty of smart and informed voters out there that do care for many issues they vote on.
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    -Michael Pritchard
  9. #9  
    10 Questions to Test Your Allegiance to the GOP

    Your score is 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Republican loyalist You remain fiercely dedicated to fighting the twin evils of terrorism and liberalism, and you'd walk across a field of land mines if it meant casting a deciding vote for a Republican president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Democratic Party and every elitist, French-loving, religion-mocking, America-hating, terrorist-appeasing ideal for which it stands.
    I'm guessing the question I "missed" was the first, about the Ann Coulter joke. I said it wasn't funny. Not because I'm some pussified Liberal without a sense of humor, but because I thought it wasn't that funny.

    Silly questions (or rather answers) though. None really had what I would answer.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops
    Good story. Unfortunately we can't legislate stupidity, so if people are too dumb to vote for issues that are for their-own benefit that's not the government's fault. Having said that, I think there are plenty of smart and informed voters out there that do care for many issues they vote on.
    This touches a little on the debate of what would be better:

    1. Everyone votes (even the uneducated about the issue).
    2. Only the people who know about the issue (even if it meant like 10% of the population)

    I don't know which is better, there are arguments for both points of view. I guess it depends how much you like a direct democracy or a representative government.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  11. #11  
    Rep. Quiz result result:
    Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Democrats on some issues and Republicans on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over.

    Rep. Quiz result:
    Your score is 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a moderate. You agree with Republicans on some issues and Democrats on others, while rejecting the blind, naked partisanship of both sides. You base your vote on issues rather than ideology and principle rather than party, which makes you the quintessential swing voter the media loves to fawn over.

    I find the questions irrelevant to either party.
  12. #12  
    ^^^ fence sitter ^^^
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ^^^ fence sitter ^^^
    LOL, its actually kind of ironic that the moderator is a 'moderate'.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  14. #14  
    And to be fair
    10 Questions to Test Your Allegiance to the Democrats

    Your score is 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a devoted Republican. You tend to walk in lockstep with the party, even if you have not agreed with every decision Republican leaders have made. The few differences you have are nothing compared to your complete and utter disdain for the Democratic Party and the elitism, cowardice, and godlessness for which it stands.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #15  
    I just knew it!


    Your score is 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a devoted Republican. You tend to walk in lockstep with the party, even if you have not agreed with every decision Republican leaders have made. The few differences you have are nothing compared to your complete and utter disdain for the Democratic Party and the elitism, cowardice, and godlessness for which it stands.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I just knew it!


    Your score is 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a devoted Republican. You tend to walk in lockstep with the party, even if you have not agreed with every decision Republican leaders have made. The few differences you have are nothing compared to your complete and utter disdain for the Democratic Party and the elitism, cowardice, and godlessness for which it stands.
    I'm so proud of you!!!

    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #17  
    Thank You...Thank You
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #18  
    The Democratic Loyalty Quiz

    Your score is 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

    The Republican Loyalty Quiz

    Your score is 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a solid Democrat. You are not as fiercely ideological or uncompromising as others in the party, but nonetheless remain a reliable supporter. If you could have your way, you'd like to see Democrats leaders take a slightly more accommodating approach on certain issues and dial down some of their nakedly partisan and bitterly divisive rhetoric.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I just knew it!


    Your score is 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a devoted Republican. You tend to walk in lockstep with the party, even if you have not agreed with every decision Republican leaders have made. The few differences you have are nothing compared to your complete and utter disdain for the Democratic Party and the elitism, cowardice, and godlessness for which it stands.
    You would like think so, now wouldn't you? It asked just the right questions that I agreed with...or didn't provide my true answer to chose from.

    Here is my own Political Self Diagnoses:

    I am not registered with any party. I usually analyze the situation, the man, or the issue from both points of view. There are usually valid points from both sides. Historically I have voted more Rep than Dem, but I have voted on both sides of the fence. I vote for the better man, not the party.

    I do tend to fall to the right more often than not (maybe because I more religious than most Left Dems that I know), but often times it is right of center. I disagree with a lot of FAR right theology. I cannot stand listening to Rush. The Right is always Right and can never do wrong philosophy is ridiculous and pompous IMHO.

    I do tend to disagree with FAR left a lot. But I do recognize that they do have valid points at times, so I take the time to ask and will recognize a good argument when presented. I have even agreed with DaThomas on a few points of issues. But I find this hard to do, as in my personal experience (and I know I am making a broad stereotypical statement that does NOT relate to everyone), I have found that FAR left do a lot of hit and run statements and when I try to ask questions to really understand why they feel that way so see if there is a valid reason behind it that I might think is legit, they get offensive and ignore the issue or state another non supportive statement. Hit and run statements targeted specifically on my beliefs, my religion, my political viewpoint are simply a pet peeve of mine. It is probably just the circle of FAR left that I personally know......along with a few FAR left politicians like Ted Kennedy and Howard Dean.

    I do appreciate it when the Central left explain why they stand behind an issue or not because I will often recognize very good points.

    I also do not have an ego problem. I am secure enough in debate so that I can admit when I am wrong or made a mistake. For example recently, I have made what turned out to be false claims or quotes and immediately recognized the fact in a post, deleted them and PM'ed those that vocalized they were offended apologizing for the mistake.

    I do defend personal values that I hold dear for me and my family. I certainly have my own personal opinions about issues and I am not afraid to express them. While at the same time willing to listen to others and willing to recognize other valid opinions and why they have them, even though I still may not agree with them. The world does not have to perfect for me personally in every way, but it is a lot happier place when can all get along.

    I am one to listen with an open mind, try to understand a basis of an argument, and then make my own determination, without trying to putting other opinions down. That is what a healthy debate is about. That is how we can all learn from each other's knowledge, experience, and values.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/09/2005 at 02:26 PM.

Posting Permissions