1.    #1  
    Or is it a killer treo with p-tunes? Heard a horrifying statistic today. Street robberies in New York are up 8% over last year. If you factor out crimes committed on people with IPOD's, street robberies are actually down 3%. Just yestersay a gang of teens chased a 15 year old til he ran out of breath and stabbed him in the heart to steal his IPOD. Whats going to happen when they find out what the TREO can do?
    They won't like it...its too complicated for them.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

If they do that for music, imagine what they'll do for email!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Or is it a killer treo with p-tunes? Heard a horrifying statistic today. Street robberies in New York are up 8% over last year. If you factor out crimes committed on people with IPOD's, street robberies are actually down 3%. Just yestersay a gang of teens chased a 15 year old til he ran out of breath and stabbed him in the heart to steal his IPOD. Whats going to happen when they find out what the TREO can do?
    They're not stealing it for the music - they're stealing it for the money. My iPod is engraved - it was an anniversary gift from my hubby and is engraved "Pamela & Joe 06/12/04" - they'd have to grind that off.

Look at what the iPods go for on eBay - even used ones. If they steal a Treo - it's to sell.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Sir, this is falsely titled. Since it would be YOU they kill, not the Treo.

I may have to you!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Your probably right. Quick money. Sad.
    the white headphones are a tell-tell sign. i use another set of headphones when i travel.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I once almost got robbed for my IPOD... was like 1:00 in the morning on the subway in NYC...Stupid me decided to take the subway home from work instead of a cab because 1:00am is not late in NYC...2 guys (Teens) came up to me on the train and asked me to hand it over, I pulled out my Glock (Im in Security) and stuck in the guys eye... his friend ran off through the train and the other guy literally pissed on himself crying for me not to kill him... I gave him a good smash in the face to teach him stealing was wrong... Next time he smiles, the missing teeth and probably the fractured jaw will remind him. I got off the next stop, and hopped in a cab. No more late night train rides for me... Especially now that I have my Treo... I was just one of the lucky ones, I've heard of people getting sliced with boxcutters for their Ipods... Best thing to do is not use the white earpieces... That is what the thugs look for...
  9.    #9  
    I worked in the city for 20 years before transferring to Delaware in December. Don't miss those 120 degree subway platforms. KAOSWLF rules!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    I once almost got robbed for my IPOD... was like 1:00 in the morning on the subway in NYC...Stupid me decided to take the subway home from work instead of a cab because 1:00am is not late in NYC...2 guys (Teens) came up to me on the train and asked me to hand it over, I pulled out my Glock (Im in Security) and stuck in the guys eye... his friend ran off through the train and the other guy literally pissed on himself crying for me not to kill him... I gave him a good smash in the face to teach him stealing was wrong... Next time he smiles, the missing teeth and probably the fractured jaw will remind him. I got off the next stop, and hopped in a cab. No more late night train rides for me... Especially now that I have my Treo... I was just one of the lucky ones, I've heard of people getting sliced with boxcutters for their Ipods... Best thing to do is not use the white earpieces... That is what the thugs look for...
    You are the MAN!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Living in NYC, I've seen my share of muggings too...definitely stay low with the headphones and give it up if they really want it, your life is not worth the plastic headphones it comes with.

Kaowlf, great story...now would it be to hard to converge a Glock or those spy mini guns into the Treo...maybe make it gunmetal black...you hearing us Palm?!?

I used to live in NY and you have to know where you are walking or going. Also, didn't these Ipod guys know that they should avoid wearing the white headsets and get the regular black ones? Fools..!

Al
    at my friend's Best Buy...2 guys walked right in kicked the glass ipod case....stuck 18 ipods in a bag and walked out...never got caught.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  14.    #14  
    Follow up: Two teens arrested in the stabbing.
    I once almost got robbed for my IPOD... was like 1:00 in the morning on the subway in NYC...Stupid me decided to take the subway home from work instead of a cab because 1:00am is not late in NYC...2 guys (Teens) came up to me on the train and asked me to hand it over,
    Uh oh, what did you do?
    I pulled out my Glock (Im in Security) and stuck in the guys eye...

his friend ran off through the train and the other guy literally pissed on himself crying for me not to kill him... I gave him a good smash in the face to teach him stealing was wrong...
    That'll teach him!
    Next time he smiles, the missing teeth and probably the fractured jaw will remind him.
    That must have been some smack! You're heavy handed, huh?
    I got off the next stop, and hopped in a cab. No more late night train rides for me... Especially now that I have my Treo... I was just one of the lucky ones,
    You really are a true Treo fan!
    I've heard of people getting sliced with boxcutters for their Ipods...
    I thought they banned those things?
    Best thing to do is not use the white earpieces... That is what the thugs look for...
    KAOSWLF, you're my new Super Hero!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Wish the rest of us law abiding citizens could legally carry a pistol (at least here in my state)