Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Do private messages go toward your post count?

Insertion is going to get to 4999 and then go on vacation

P.S. Insertion I dumped VM and am now experimenting with Chatter Gmail forwarded to Fastmail. Thanks for the pointers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Do private messages go toward your post count?
    No. They do not.

Insertion is going to get to 4999 and then go on vacation
    Hmmm...I do need a vacation....

P.S. Insertion I dumped VM and am now experimenting with Chatter Gmail forwarded to Fastmail. Thanks for the pointers.
    It's great. I remember the first email pushed to my Treo. I was all giddy like a 14 year old school girl when a 14 year old Insertion walked by!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hows the battery on chatter. I have read a lot of varied info on it.

Do you carry a spare battery or do you go from the home charger to the car charger to the desk charger?
    Hows the battery on chatter. I have read a lot of varied info on it.

Do you carry a spare battery or do you go from the home charger to the car charger to the desk charger?
    You're really workin' to get my post count up, eh? Time's running out jpr???
    My battery is fine, but my Treo is plugged in at home and car. Only at work is really when it's on its own. But nothing drastic.

The important question is...will you get to 1,000 before my next recorded post???

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I say Sunday the 10th at around 6pm
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    chuckle chuckle

Nuther q,,,,is there a way to set chatter to only start its connection when I tell it?

When Im in class the radio is off. During break I turn the radio on for a minute to make 1 phone call home and then I turn the radio back off. I dont want to sit and wait for chatter to connect when I just want to make 1 fast phone call.

I would post this in the Chatter forum but Im afraid of getting torched. I looked in the app but cant find anything like that. And repeated searches turn up nothing.
    chuckle chuckle

Nuther q,,,,is there a way to set chatter to only start its connection when I tell it?

When Im in class the radio is off. During break I turn the radio on for a minute to make 1 phone call home and then I turn the radio back off. I dont want to sit and wait for chatter to connect when I just want to make 1 fast phone call.

I would post this in the Chatter forum but Im afraid of getting torched. I looked in the app but cant find anything like that. And repeated searches turn up nothing.
    Turn vibrate off and then just use the ringer on off switch for class, rather than turning the radio off? Happy 1000th!
    happy 1000 to me

Seem fitting, my 1000th post responding to Perry in a thread about Insertion in the presence of Claire.....

That would be OK Perry but if chatter is going to be draining the battery I would like to just keep the phone off during class since lecture is sometimes 3 hours long and I cant mess with the phone any way.
    I understand. That's one advantage to remaining in the stone age with VersaMail!

Cheers, Perry.
    happy some real low post number
    like THREE!
  12. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    That would be OK Perry but if chatter is going to be draining the battery I would like to just keep the phone off during class since lecture is sometimes 3 hours long and I cant mess with the phone any way.
    I use the "shutdown and disconnect" feature, it doesn't use the battery when you do that. You don't get emails either. You still get phone calls.
    Can this be any more fitting. A thread about me has gone off-topic.
    I have infected you all!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

So...do you know the Muffin Man??

Watch out, we could get shifted to the 650 forum . . . . .
    The Muffin Man?
    Look at 192, James.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    I use the "shutdown and disconnect" feature, it doesn't use the battery when you do that. You don't get emails either. You still get phone calls.
    Thanks. I just tested that and it did exactly what I wanted. Wow I read the manual and searched the Chatter forum and couldnt find that,,,,,,I guess since the title is overwhelmingly obvious "shut down and disconnect" its not talked about. I was afraid that option would shut down Chatter as in preparing it for deletion.
    Another satisfied customer . . . . . .
    Only 30 Insertion posts left before the door of opportunity closes. . . .

(at 4,750)