Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I play the out field
    has to be right field
    Yup and sometimes second base
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    which would infer you "play the field"
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I hate the Trailblazers, how dare you stereotype me just because I live in Oregon
    Hey, I am just north of you in Washington!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Hey, I am just north of you in Washington!
    Headed to Mt Vernon for the weekend - but live in the land of beauty known as Bend (Sisters actually)
  8.    #88  
    I just drove through there 2 months ago for work. Love it over there in Sunriver!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Maybe there was no alternative to invading Iraq, who knows, because - wait, here's a little pre-weekend puzzle: Bush recently said in an interview "xxx" in the Middle East was "a national security problem". What was the "xxx" he was talking about, was it

(A) WMD
    (B) Terrorism
    (C) Israel
    (D) Oil

???

Ok, you guessed right because it was me who asked: D, oil.

"We're hooked on oil from the Middle East, which is a national security problem"
    (George W. Bush)
    Ya....I would not doubt that oil was certainly a factor. Considering how vital it is to our nation's economic standing, it should be a factor. If you want to shut America down, stop the oil. An unstable enviroment, or unstable leader, in the ME could certainly do that.

I think there would have been risk with oil for going into Iraq and also a calculated risk if we had not. For example if we did not gone into Iraq. Then Iraq reinstated their Nuke program that Saddam has testified he was going to do. Then Isreal repeats its Nuke facility strike. Iraq takes it as an act of war. Now we are in a war without being fully mobilized for......and with Isreal in the center, it is a sure fire recipe for a host of nations to jump in on both sides. No doubt those siding with Iraq will stop oil sales with us. Our ecomony starts to hit the average american hard.

So ya...I agree that oil should be a factor. Not politically advantagous to make it a priority point in an open forum as a reason, but a solid national security one.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Clulup, are you aware of the Carter Doctine?

http://www.answers.com/topic/carter-doctrine
    Thanks for sharing....I knew of it but have never read it before.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/05/2005 at 03:05 PM.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Looks like Howard Dean is not speaking for daThomas any longer
    Da.....believe me this is not a dig at you......but when I saw this, I could not get that dang "Dean Speaks For Me" Logo in your sig out of my mind:

What do you think of Obadiah Shoher's views on the Middle East conflict? One can argue, of course, that Shoher is ultra-right, but his followers are far from being a marginal group. Also, he rejects Jewish moralistic reasoning - that's alone is highly unusual for the Israeli right. And he is very influential here in Israel. So what do you think? uh, here's the site in question: Middle East conflict
    Last edited by AlexZello; 02/28/2008 at 04:01 PM.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345