View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    But until this week, it was Mr. Wilson's word against the White House's insistence that Mr. Rove was not involved. That is what has changed. An e-mail message that Time magazine turned over to the prosecutor investigating the naming of Ms. Wilson asserts that Mr. Rove discussed Ms. Wilson's role, though apparently without naming her or suggesting she was a covert officer. If that version is correct, it is not clear that anything Mr. Rove said could be considered a crime.

link: http://service.spiegel.de/cache/inte...364958,00.html

Lawyers Who Wrote the Law Say Plame Leak Not Illegal ---->http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...2/120736.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    You guys are such stereotypes. "All Republicans, especially conservative ones, are idiots". Your elitist arrogance continues to lever you apart from voters, and you continue to lose power. And the more you lose, the more you flail and insult, and the cycle continues.

Keep going. Please.
    Bayre,

Please do start that Reagan thread. It will be interesting to discuss how Nancy and Jimmy helped him through his second term mid-stage Alzheimer’s.

Stereotypes indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Kerry VOLUNTEERED for what was one of the most dangerous missions in the war. In that dangerous mission he lead his crew safely home -- a crew that spoke of his courage and daring, and who credited him with bringing them home alive.
    In spite of all of the political rhetoric during the election, this point was never lost on me. My hat is off to Senator Kerry who chose a hard path and put up his right hand to serve our country. He earned my respect for his service. This does not reflect on any other politician (even Sen. McCain who, in my not-humble opinion, has earned a free living from this country for his seven years' imprisonment).

At the same time, I had different priorities. I chose to stay home and crap in my diaper.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Here is another perspective on joey "liar" wilson.

http://www.nationalreview.com/may/may200407121105.asp

All of NRGs articles are bias, so i don't feel bad posting this beside all the facts are true, they are just conviently left out of major media stories. This happens, of course because the major media whould rather bash the pres's admin, then bash a jack *** CIA "has been".
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Bayre,

Please do start that Reagan thread. It will be interesting to discuss how Nancy and Jimmy helped him through his second term mid-stage Alzheimer’s.

Stereotypes indeed.
    And even with Alzheimer's Ron was able to put the Soviet Union away. (Which, in the eyes of the Left, is his greatest sin.)

As I said, stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    In spite of all of the political rhetoric during the election, this point was never lost on me. My hat is off to Senator Kerry who chose a hard path and put up his right hand to serve our country. He earned my respect for his service. This does not reflect on any other politician (even Sen. McCain who, in my not-humble opinion, has earned a free living from this country for his seven years' imprisonment).

At the same time, I had different priorities. I chose to stay home and crap in my diaper.

thank you for recognizing that.

Would you also agree that it was a particularly heroic kind of patroitism when Kerry volunteered for that war -- a war he had already vehemently spoken out against ?
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    thank you for recognizing that.

Would you also agree that it was a particularly heroic kind of patroitism when Kerry volunteered for that war -- a war he had already vehemently spoken out against ?
    I won't get into motives. He may have done it from a sense of honor, irony, spite, vengence, future political advantage... Doesn't matter to me.

I spent 12 years serving with people who put up their right hand to protect the country. There were LOTS of reasons (many of the above) but they weren't important.

The point was that they volunteered.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23

All of NRGs articles are bias, so i don't feel bad posting this beside all the facts are true, they are just conviently left out of major media stories. This happens, of course because the major media whould rather bash the pres's admin, then bash a jack *** CIA "has been".
    Unfortunately, Joe Wilson isn't the issue here, Rove is. This argument is a red herring.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Barye,

Please do start that Reagan thread.

Stereotypes indeed.

good -- sometime today !

(I need to be sure I've time to set aside to respond to the inevitable **** that will be thrown in that prospective thread ....
    good -- sometime today !

(I need to be sure I've time to set aside to respond to the inevitable **** that will be thrown in that prospective thread ....
    If you don't throw any ****, there will be no need to respond.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23

How long you been lurking to give you the impression that "all" my articles are biased?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    I won't get into motives. He may have done it from a sense of honor, irony, spite, vengence, future political advantage... Doesn't matter to me.

I spent 12 years serving with people who put up their right hand to protect the country. There were LOTS of reasons (many of the above) but they weren't important.

The point was that they volunteered.

What "motives" would you use to describe those who supported, even advocated our being in Vietnam -- but took advantage of various ploys to avoid getting shot at ??

(junior contriving himself into the National Guard; Cheney using various deferments; Paul Wolfowitz; Tom "The Exterminator" DeLay who apparently said that he wanted to serve in Vietnam, "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."

http://www.nhgazette.com/news/chicke...icans_platoon/
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/13/2005 at 03:36 PM.
    Relevant to this thread, here are some other heroes who supported the war, but were too precious to risk being endangered:

Karl Rove, Rick Santorum, and Bill Frist.
    How many purple or pink hearts did junior, cheney, or RRR earn ??
    I do apologize, I meant to put a smiley there as I was sarcastically referencing the unanswered and I believe yet to be proven allegations of how he got the 3 Purple hearts.

But to answer your question:

Bush 0 (his NG unit was not deployed), Reagan How many wars between 1925-1938 could have fought in to earn a Purple Heart?, Kerry 3 ( including the allegations referenced above, a life threatening rose thorn scratch wound that was bandaged by a medic 3 days later with a single bandaid, and rice kernels in his **** from his own granade with no enemies around while he claimed it was enemy metal shrapenel under entense enemy fire in his report).

I did notice that since you included way back to Reagan, you failed to mention Clinton's little vacation to Canada to dodge the draft completely.

Kerry VOLUNTEERED for what was one of the most dangerous missions in the war.
    I acknowledged this fact several posts back and honor anyone who has served in our Military.

In that dangerous mission he lead his crew safely home -- a crew that spoke of his courage and daring, and who credited him with bringing them home alive.
    By some reports, while others claim he acted just the opposite. I don't think we will every know for sure.

Please don't insult the brave men and women National Guardsmen now in Iraq being blown up daily for generalissimo junior's war.

During vietnam it was universally understood that getting into the National Guard got you out of vietnam.
    I did not. I was in the National Guard. Do you really think that Bush would not have gone if his unit was called up? I am sorry, but this argument was used extensively last year during the election. I do take offense to those who use this argument and I do find it a slam to those that serve today in the NG and in ALL times during war for those who served the NG. What ever the motivation, every NG member serves their country, especially during times of war, which does include the Vietnam war.

But here are some interesting insights to Kerry's willingness to enlist:

how 'war hero' Kerry tried to put off Vietnam military duty
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...07/wkerr07.xml
    He wrote to his local recruitment board seeking permission to spend a further 12 months studying in Paris, after completing his degree course at Yale University in the mid-1960s.

http://www.insightmag.com/media/pape...i-621304.shtml

As a lieutenant junior grade, Kerry skippered a CTF-115 swift boat, a light, aluminum patrol vessel that bore a passing resemblance to PT-109. He thought he'd arranged to avoid combat. "I didn't really want to get involved in the war," he later would tell the Boston Globe. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling, and that's what I thought I was going to do."
    The revelation appears to undercut Sen Kerry's carefully-cultivated image as a man who willingly served his country in a dangerous war - in supposed contrast to President Bush, who served in the Texas National Guard and thus avoided being sent to Vietnam.
    In my opinion this does not demean the fact that he did enlist, that he did serve. But just simply that motivations may play a part in actions we take, and can guide our lives in paths we never dreamed of.

The fact is no matter what any of their motivations where....they both served our country. And to say that Kerry does not deserve recognition for his medals (that he did not throw away) or to say that serving in the NG is not serving our country is a slam to all who serve.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/13/2005 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Because I think it's interesting how it has become the rallying cry of the left. I really think they've learned something (not everything, though) from the republican rise of the last 20 years.

Again, don't get hot under the collar. I'm not insulting you. We can all be friends.
    I'm not hot under the collar, although I am hot.

I'm confused over why you focus on that as a Dem rallying cry? Just because it's a plan they oppose?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    At last, common ground!

Of course, you probably see the Cylons are Republicans. I see Baltar as the ultimate Democrat.
    Yea, I know. Made me queasy too.
    Here's to Friday nights! (Actually, Sat Afternoon using BeyondTV)
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'm not hot under the collar, although I am hot.

I'm confused over why you focus on that as a Dem rallying cry? Just because it's a plan they oppose?
    No, because it's an effective cry, and it echoes the right's complaining about Hillary's health care plan. The right milked that puppy for years. I'm expecting the left to do the same, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yea, I know. Made me queasy too.
    Here's to Friday nights! (Actually, Sat Afternoon using BeyondTV)
    Funny you mention BeyondTV. I watched Frontline's profile of Rove after he was revealed as the source to get some background info (I had recorded it a while ago using BeyondTV). It's actually interesting to watch it with knowledge we all have now. Very revealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I do apologize, I meant to put a smiley there as I was sarcastically referencing the unanswered and I believe yet to be proven allegations of how he got the 3 Purple hearts.

But to answer your question:

Bush 0 (his NG unit was not deployed), Reagan How many wars between 1925-1938 could have fought in to earn a Purple Heart?, Kerry 3 ( including the allegations referenced above, a life threatening rose thorn scratch wound that was bandaged by a medic 3 days later with a single bandaid, and rice kernels in his **** from his own granade with no enemies around while he claimed it was enemy metal shrapenel under entense enemy fire in his report).

I did notice that since you included way back to Reagan, you failed to mention Clinton's little vacation to Canada to dodge the draft completely.

I acknowledged this fact several posts back and honor anyone who has served in our Military.
    Hobbes-- so much to respond to, but I've got break away -- I'll try to be back around 10-11PM (you're a DCer right ?) for others that's 5-6 hours)
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Funny you mention BeyondTV. I watched Frontline's profile of Rove after he was revealed as the source to get some background info (I had recorded it a while ago using BeyondTV). It's actually interesting to watch it with knowledge we all have now. Very revealing.
    Yea, I watched that FrontLine, it's VERY informative and INTERESTING.

It can be viewed online still if anyone else is interested, Karl Rove -- The Architect.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast