View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    he is clearly as stupid as we make him out to be.

"Like a rock! only dumber.."
    Again.....

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    A blind eye of loyality and hatred in politics can be very distructive.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Pardon me?

"In 1999, The New Yorker published a transcript indicating that Bush had received a cumulative score of 77 for his first three years at Yale and a roughly similar average under a non-numerical rating system during his senior year.
    You are excused. Again, the article states nothing about Yale switching grading systems during Bush's last year. Who's 'non-numerical system' are they using the reporters or Yale's?
    Regarding grades and intelligence: intelligence helps for good grades, but the correlation is not that strong. There are good reasons for bad grades despite being intelligent (e.g. having more important things to do than preparing exams).

The notion that Bush is not particularly intelligent is based on him often saying things that are, well, not very intelligent. Things like...

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"We discussed the way forward in Iraq, discussed the importance of a democracy in the greater Middle East in order to leave behind a peaceful tomorrow." —George W. Bush, Tbilisi, Georgia, May 10, 2005

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

"And so during these holiday seasons, we thank our blessings." —George W. Bush, Fort Belvoir, Va., Dec. 10, 2004

(Source)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Okay, if the Boston Globe is not a good enough source for you....here are some from:
    All the links you gave me are the same article from the same writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    he is clearly as stupid as we make him out to be.

"Like a rock! only dumber.."
    Nudist....maybe this factual article from the high acclaimed news source room from Spoof News will be more to your liking:

George Bush Asks Yale to Raise Grade

FULL STORY

President George Bush (R-CT/ME/TX/AL/TX) acted swiftly today to solidify his latest victory over Sen. John Kerry (D-MA). Kerry provided complete access to his military records, a move demanded by detractors during the 2004 presidential campaign.

Kerry's undergraduate transcript was part of the package. Bush and Kerry both graduated from Yale University. The transcript shows that Bush graduated with a culmulative average one percentage point higher than Kerry's.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, Kerry said that he spent a great deal of time learning how to fly instead of studying. Bush waited until after graduation to take flying lessons as part of a government program. Records available to the public about each man's flying experience are incomplete.

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan said the President was "pleased by the institutional mandate given to him by the faculty of Yale. He will spend his intellectual capital wisely to bring about a positive change in America."

Today, Bush submitted a class assignment to clear up the "Incomplete" he received for Public Speaking. Bush sent in the audience analysis, outline and script for his well rehearsed response to questions about the Downing Street Memo. Bush fullfilled the performance requirement at a White House press conference on Tuesday.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I think we can all agree that Dubya's oration skills are not that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    All the links you gave me are the same article from the same writer.
    Well not all, but a lot of them. The others write their own with continual reference to that article. But several of them also printed it in the newspaper, broadcast it TV, I heard it mentioned on top of the hour news briefs...... The point is, if it was a terribly article, and not factually validated, I don't think that would have happened....or else you have the left screaming on the top of their lungs.
    Getting out of the "who's dumber?" thread...

Any help on piecing together the "Rove and getting fired"-thing?
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    I think we can all agree that Dubya's oration skills are not that great.
    Having taught Public Speaking.....It depends....Bush gives an honest impression when he speaks...which is an attractive quality in any speaker's arsenal. But is he the best, no, There is no doubt that there are others who are more polished. But many of them are then criticized for not being in touch, too scripted, too slick, or unbelievable in the statements they are saying.

All politics aside....I feel that Ronald Reagan was one of the best examples. He was funny, had good pacing, great vocabulary, able to think on his feet without hesitation, and gave a very honest impression. I used him as a positive example in my class.

Many different scales to judge and many areas to criticize.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/13/2005 at 11:53 AM.
    Malcolm X had good oratory skills. Guess we should've elected him President.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Getting out of the "who's dumber?" thread...

Any help on piecing together the "Rove and getting fired"-thing?
    Once I get the 'internets' at my house working again I will try and provide you with the info you seek. Although I have a feeling someone else here will beat me to it. He did in fact say that if someone in his admin was to be found responsible for the leak 'they would no longer be part of the admin'. He did not just say it once but quite a few times. Scottie also repeated the meme a couple of times.
    Last edited by NRG; 07/13/2005 at 12:28 PM.
    Adolf Hitler. Fantastic orator.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Malcolm X had good oratory skills. Guess we should've elected him President.
    LOL. Could you imagine!
    LOL. Could you imagine!
    I would hate to. I can do without demogogues, no matter the political/socialogical ilk.

I would hate to. I can do without demogogues, no matter the political/socialogical ilk.

at the end of his life he was thoughtful, non-reflexive man, honestly looking for a peaceful non-destructive path. (he was murdered because he stopped drinking the kool-aide)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    You are excused. Again, the article states nothing about Yale switching grading systems during Bush's last year. Who's 'non-numerical system' are they using the reporters or Yale's?
    I guess you could interpret that as something other than Yale's, but I certainly wouldn't. Yale switched grading systems, AFAICT.
    Given the situation, whom else would or even should have had political power in the Black community at that time other than someone focusing on the racism being experienced?

Back to Rove, the White House is not gonna say boo until they see which spin coming out of their pundits' mouths is gonna stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    the White House is not gonna say boo until they see which spin coming out of their pundits' mouths is gonna stick.
    Ah....the world of politics. How many countless situations over every single administration back to Washington could this simple but true phrase be applied to.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    at the end of his life he was thoughtful, non-reflexive man, honestly looking for a peaceful non-destructive path. (he was murdered because he stopped drinking the kool-aide)
    This is very true. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Originally Posted by BARYE
    This is very true. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Now does quoting someone else in his post count for the DaThomas's tally of using the phrase Kool-Aide?