View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    the pres said that if they did anything illegal, they would be fired. Nothing illigal was done (according to the drafters of the law)
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23
    fSecondly her husband revealed that she was a cia agent in his book long before Karl ever "suposedly" did.
    Quote? Sounds strange to me, never heard of it. Wouldn't you expect the Bush admin to stress that point if there was one?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    aairman. Please tell which book you speak of and also a link to where the drafter of the law said nothing illegal was done, plus how would this 'drafter' know. I mean he (drafter of law) does not know anymore about the case than you or I.

It sounds like you have been listening to Rush. You really shouldn't not listen to Rush Limbaugh for news, he full of sh** sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I haven't heard anyone claim junior to be particularly bright before, especially not based on his academic performance.
    OFF TOPIC:

A blind eye of loyality and hatred in politics can be distructive.

Yale grades portray Kerry as a lackluster student
    Globe | June 7, 2005

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa...tudent?mode=PF

In 1999, The New Yorker published a transcript indicating that Bush had received a cumulative score of 77 for his first three years at Yale and a roughly similar average under a non-numerical rating system during his senior year.

Kerry, who graduated two years before Bush, got a cumulative 76 for his four years, according to a transcript that Kerry sent to the Navy when he was applying for officer training school. He received four D's in his freshman year out of 10 courses, but improved his average in later years.

The transcript shows that Kerry's freshman-year average was 71. He scored a 61 in geology, a 63 and 68 in two history classes, and a 69 in political science. His top score was a 79, in another political science course. Another of his strongest efforts, a 77, came in French class.

Under Yale's grading system in effect at the time, grades between 90 and 100 equaled an A, 80-89 a B, 70-79 a C, 60 to 69 a D, and anything below that was a failing grade. In addition to Kerry's four D's in his freshman year, he received one D in his sophomore year.

Kerry's weak grades came despite years of education at some of the world's most elite prep schools, ranging from Fessenden School in Massachusetts to St. Paul's School in New Hampshire.

It is noteworthy, however, that Kerry received a high honor at Yale despite his mediocre grades: He was chosen to deliver his senior class oration, a testament to his reputation as a public speaker. He delivered a speech questioning the wisdom of the Vietnam War

Bush went to Yale from 1964 to 1968; his highest grades were 88s in anthropology, history, and philosophy, according to The New Yorker article. He received one D in his four years, a 69 in astronomy.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hobbes this article blows. I want to know what Bush's score over 4 years is. How the article's writer thought he/she should only use 3 years of numerical scoring and 1 year of non-numerical for Bush and 4 years of numerical scoring for Kerry. Shouldn't they be comparing apples to apples? The article stinks and is a fluff piece for Bush. Notice how the tone of the article is negative towards Kerry and positive towards Bush (i.e. Bush's highest grades to Kerry's lowest).

Jusy saying.
    I know, it just can't be possible that W. isn't as stooopid as you make him out to be.

laughable, some of you are.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    As Kerry "improved his average in later years" it sounds like using 4 years for Kerry and 3 for Bush is to Kerry's advantage.

Just saying.
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I know, it just can't be possible that W. isn't as stooopid as you make him out to be.

Are you referring to my thoughts on the article Hobbes posted? If so, I am not saying Dubya is dumb, all I am saying is the article's methodology is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Are you referring to my thoughts on the article Hobbes posted? If so, I am not saying Dubya is dumb, all I am saying is the article's methodology is flawed.
    Fair enough, but the "tone" of your post made it seem negative towards President Bush. At least you can seperate yourself from the likes of daThomas, who think W. is nothing more than a sock puppet.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraumser
    As Kerry "improved his average in later years" it sounds like using 4 years for Kerry and 3 for Bush is to Kerry's advantage.
    You article is skewed either way you look at it. Just wondering why they would us just 3 for Dubya and 4 for Kerry? Plus what 3 years are they using for Bush?
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No edit function on the mobile version of TC.

The article is skewed either way you look at it. Just wondering why they would use just 3 for Dubya and 4 for Kerry? Plus what 3 years are they using for Bush?(Reread it is his first 3)
    Hobbes this article blows. I want to know what Bush's score over 4 years is. How the article's writer thought he/she should only use 3 years of numerical scoring and 1 year of non-numerical for Bush and 4 years of numerical scoring for Kerry. Shouldn't they be comparing apples to apples? The article stinks and is a fluff piece for Bush. Notice how the tone of the article is negative towards Kerry and positive towards Bush (i.e. Bush's highest grades to Kerry's lowest).

Jusy saying.
    Just replying...

I'm not going to take a stand on the politics of this article (certainly appears slanted to show Bush better than Kerry). I am going to play with the math to answer your question.

Kerry's score over 4 years was listed as 76. Bush's score over 3 years was listed at 77 with an unknown for year 4. If Bush scored a 73 in his last year, it would give him a weighted average of 76 for his four years making the two equal. That is possible.

My experience is that college students end up taking subjects in their senior year that are more in keeping with their interests. Courses in your favored subjects tend to have higher grades rather than lower than average. I got D's in Physics and A's in Political Science.

Purely speculation on my part (I have no dog in this fight), but it appears plausible that Bush's final average (C) was slightly higher than Kerry's (C).

- All work above was completed by a B- student (A- in Grad School!)

(C's in economics make you re-take dumb economics courses again in Grad School! )
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Don't you hate that!!

The article is skewed either way you look at it. Just wondering why they would use just 3 for Dubya and 4 for Kerry? Plus what 3 years are they using for Bush?(Reread it is his first 3)
    It's because they switched to a non-numerical rating system his senior year, as it says in the article. Since Kerry was there 2 years earlier, he didn't have that issue. It says that Bush's grades were more or less consistent under the new system. I don't think they are trying to skew anything. I think it's just the way the data shook out.

Jusy saying.
    I don't think I have ever heard of the Boston Globe being Bush slanted, but I guess there might a first for everything.....or maybe....just maybe....it might actually be reporting!

Okay, if the Boston Globe is not a good enough source for you....here are some from:

USAToday

Associated Press

CBS New York

ABC News

WorldNet Daily

NPR

MSNBC --"Ex-candidate says freshman D’s stood for ‘distinguished’
    "

Union Tribune -- San Diego

It appears that several other news agency show some form of validation of this article by not only referencing the article online, but also reprinting it in newspapers and broadcasts on TV and radio.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    It's because they switched to a non-numerical rating system his senior year, as it says in the article. Since Kerry was there 2 years earlier, he didn't have that issue. It says that Bush's grades were more or less consistent under the new system. I don't think they are trying to skew anything. I think it's just the way the data shook out.
    The article mentions nothing about Yale switching grading systems during Bush's time there. If they did in fact switch grading systems, the article certainly doesn't make it clear, it leaves doubts open. Since they are so close average wise I would think GPA should be used instead to clear it up

Just my 2˘.
    The article mentions nothing about Yale switching grading systems during Bush's time there. If they did in fact switch grading systems, the article certainly doesn't make it clear, it leaves doubts open. Since they are so close average wise I would think GPA should be used instead to clear it up

Just my 2˘.
    Pardon me?

"In 1999, The New Yorker published a transcript indicating that Bush had received a cumulative score of 77 for his first three years at Yale and a roughly similar average under a non-numerical rating system during his senior year."

Just my 2˘.
    Yup....and if kerry had not hidden his school records that were below and or on par with Bush's and refused everyone from seeing them during the whole election, we probably could have asked them both.

he is clearly as stupid as we make him out to be.

"Like a rock! only dumber.."
    Fair enough, but the "tone" of your post made it seem negative towards President Bush. At least you can seperate yourself from the likes of daThomas, who think W. is nothing more than a sock puppet.
    "sock puppet" is giving him way too much credit.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast