View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I mentioned that because it's always been a long standing fantasy of Rove's. You don't really think Bush has ever had an original idea do you?
    But how does it fit into this discussion? It doesn't, and you're simply doing what the right has been doing for years (not that it's wrong, don't feel bad).
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    But how does it fit into this discussion? It doesn't, and you're simply doing what the right has been doing for years (not that it's wrong, don't feel bad).
    It's part of Rove's agenda. This thread is about who is getting busted in the White House for revealing that identity. If Rove goes, thus his agenda and thus SS privatization.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I couldn't care less about Rove anyway. Even if he does go down, he's just an unelected political operative anyway...
    Rove isn't elected by the public, but he was elected by Bush as his chief political advisor (or should I say Bush was elected by Rove as his presidential candidate)?

Anyway, what does it tell if a person like Rove is Bush's advisor?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Anyway, what does it tell if a person like Rove is Bush's advisor?
    It tells me that Bush knew how to get elected. Two, three, four times.
    It's part of Rove's agenda. This thread is about who is getting busted in the White House for revealing that identity. If Rove goes, thus his agenda and thus SS privatization.
    If Gotti can run the mob from behind bars (an illegal activity) presumably Rove can still talk to Bush from behind bars (a legal activity).
    It tells me that Bush knew how to get elected. Two, three, four times.
    Wrong. It tells us Rove knew how to be in power without standing in the spotlight.
    If Gotti can run the mob from behind bars (an illegal activity) presumably Rove can still talk to Bush from behind bars (a legal activity).
    While this is true I think Rove is likely to focus on close State and Local elections in 2006 as he would have anyway.
    Wrong. It tells us Rove knew how to be in power without standing in the spotlight.
    You honestly think Bush brought nothing to the table? See, I think Bush/Rove is such a powerful combination that neither paired with anyone else could approach what they've done. There is something about Bush's manner that complements Rove's intellect, that it...just...works.
    You honestly think Bush brought nothing to the table? See, I think Bush/Rove is such a powerful combination that neither paired with anyone else could approach what they've done. There is something about Bush's manner that complements Rove's intellect, that it...just...works.
    It's typical Liberal mindset. All Republicans are dumb. Ronald Reagan, GHW was out of touch, remember Dan Quayle? W. is a monkey, (no wonder he got my votes) etc...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yes, that is why Rove chose him. He saw the dumb simple appeal but I don't think that's too much of a talent and he could easily have come across another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's typical Liberal mindset. All Republicans are dumb. Ronald Reagan, GHW was out of touch, remember Dan Quayle? W. is a monkey, (no wonder he got my votes) etc...
    To be honest, Bush W is not too bright. There are Repub's that are sharp as a tack, IE Rove.
    To be honest, Bush W is not too bright.
    On what do you base that? Certainly not his record at Yale...
    Yes, that is why Rove chose him. He saw the dumb simple appeal but I don't think that's too much of a talent and he could easily have come across another.
    I don't think you're giving Bush enough credit. The manner in which someone conducts himself in public can be every bit the unique advantage as intellect and good policy. Witness Bush's victories or Clinton's victories (JFK, Reagan, the list goes on).
    I don't think you're giving Bush enough credit. The manner in which someone conducts himself in public can be every bit the unique advantage as intellect and good policy. Witness Bush's victories or Clinton's victories (JFK, Reagan, the list goes on).
    I've read a great deal about how W. conducts himself off-screen. He pretty much is what you see is what you get.
    I've read a great deal about how W. conducts himself off-screen. He pretty much is what you see is what you get.
    Isn't that the base of much of his appeal?
    Isn't that the base of much of his appeal?
    Hey! We made a circle!
    On what do you base that? Certainly not his record at Yale...

I haven't heard anyone claim junior to be particularly bright before, especially not based on his academic performance.

He got into Yale despite laughable prep school grades (where he focused on cheerleading and drinking) -- because he was a "legacy" of his daddy and grandfather.

At Yale I know he showed great organizational talent in the creation of beer drinking fraternity parties, but I'm not sure if he distinguished himself otherwise.

You could say though that his political acumen was demonstrated by being able to get a HIGHLY covetted hiding place in the Texas Air National Guard despite his mediocre academic record -- while simultaneusly being a fervent Vietnam war hawk.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I haven't heard anyone claim junior to be particularly bright before, especially not based on his academic performance.
    It was marginally better than Kerry, whom people think is very bright.
    Back on topic:

I'd appreciate the group's help on filling in these blanks as I'm just trying to capture the facts of this case. I'm not looking for political assessments so I'll leave out the adjectives and adverbs.

Did somebody leak information to the press that Valerie Plame was a covert CIA operative? Yes
    Sources? _______________ (Robert Novak story; others?)

Did the President state directly (or through his many spokesmen) that anyone responsible for the above leak would be removed (or words to that effect) from his administration? _________
    What were the exact words? _____________
    Sources? ______________

Do we have evidence that Karl Rove was the "someone" mentioned above? __________
    Sources? _______________

This seems to be a case of logic. X happened, Pres says whoever did X will be fired, Rove did X, Rove should be fired (he's no relative of mine, so I don't care one way or the other).

This conclusion can only be reached by following facts. I'm sure we're all in agreement that parsing words (e.g. "is") only makes both sides uncomfortable. Was wrong committed? Was wrong promised to be punished? Do we know who did wrong? That person should be punished.

Thanks for your help.
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    first of all, the drafters of the law that "someone" in the white house admin. broke said publicly that no law was broken. Secondly her husband revealed that she was a cia agent in his book long before Karl ever "suposedly" did.
    The real source is prob some jerk off and they are scared to show their cards now!
    She has a waiver!!!!!!!!
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast