View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Update

Source: NewsObserver

Bush can settle CIA leak riddle, Novak says

Newspaper columnist Robert Novak is still not naming his source in the Valerie Plame affair, but he says he is pretty sure the name is no mystery to President Bush.
    "I'm confident the president knows who the source is," Novak told a luncheon audience at the John Locke Foundation in Raleigh on Tuesday. "I'd be amazed if he doesn't."

"So I say, 'Don't bug me. Don't bug Bob Woodward. Bug the president as to whether he should reveal who the source is.' "

-snip-

Novak said his role in the Plame affair "snowballed out of proportion" as a result of a "campaign by the left."

But he also blamed "extremely bad management of the issue by the White House. Once you give an issue to a special prosecutor, you lose control of it."
    Last edited by NRG; 12/14/2005 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    And the masterstroke of all of those "No Gay Marriage" ballot initiatives in the 2004 election to drive up turn out. Oh, wait a minute...those initiatives passed in Blue states, too.

Actually, it was the floating of a constitutional amendment along those lines, which was dropped as soon as the election was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Actually, it was the floating of a constitutional amendment along those lines, which was dropped as soon as the election was over.
    No need to do that, what with all the states passing their own laws. Even the Blue states. Fifty laboratories of Democracy, that's what we have!
    No need to do that, what with all the states passing their own laws. Even the Blue states. Fifty laboratories of Democracy, that's what we have!
    Majority rule does not always result in law sir. But that's another topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Majority rule does not always result in law sir. But that's another topic.
    Switzerland is a great example of how that can run amuck.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    All Of The Baove Will Go To Jail!!!!!!!!!!, Take Care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Ooops. We seemed to have deleted emails during the time frame you are looking for! - White House staffer

I smell a big stink. "It's not the crime it is the cover-up"

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Ooops. We seemed to have deleted emails during the time frame you are looking for! - White House staffer

I smell a big stink. "It's not the crime it is the cover-up"

"We are aware of no evidence..."? Fitz hasn't heard of "discovery"? Isn't it the defense counsel's perogative to determine relevance?

As far as the missing emails goes, that IS interesting. Lots of smart commentary here: http://justoneminute.typepad.com/mai....html#comments
    Last edited by 1911sforever; 02/02/2006 at 12:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yep, missing e-mails asked for by the defense, hmmmm wonder what was in those e-mails that someone wants to remain hidden. And, wonder which side wants to keep it hidden?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted
    Heeheehee, that is the same article the onion published about 8 years ago, just changed a few names and changed health care issues to Iraq issues, still as funny today as it was then.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    An Update:

MSNBC reporter David Shuster saying the investagation is getting closer to Rove.
    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/05.html#a8181
    John Amato is a professional sax and flutist who has played with or recorded for The Goo Goo Dolls, Ringo Starr, Duran Duran, The Knack, Eddie Money, John Taylor, Matt Sorum and Duff McKagen of Velvet Revolver, Ronnie Montrose, Glen Hughes of Deep Purple and Elliot Easton of The Cars. He's also the creator of CrooksandLiars.com, one of the hottest blogs to hit the net. This guy really has his finger on the pulse of Washington.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    John Amato is a professional sax and flutist who has played with or recorded for The Goo Goo Dolls, Ringo Starr, Duran Duran, The Knack, Eddie Money, John Taylor, Matt Sorum and Duff McKagen of Velvet Revolver, Ronnie Montrose, Glen Hughes of Deep Purple and Elliot Easton of The Cars. He's also the creator of CrooksandLiars.com, one of the hottest blogs to hit the net. This guy really has his finger on the pulse of Washington.
    I am disappointed in you. This is all you brought to shoot the messager with?
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    so states getting together to draw up impeachment articles is fine by you then. I think the law that allows them to do so is nicknamed 'Jefferson's Revenge'. just so you know I think it is a bad idea and sets a very dangerous slope for us to ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    An Update:

MSNBC reporter David Shuster saying the investagation is getting closer to Rove.
    http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/05.html#a8181
    great link
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    the Shuster report mentions something I was going to say earlier as an additional part of the unravelling Goss CIA scandal --

junior, rove, and this whitehouse junta have had a bug up their anus about the CIA for years.

The junta thought that the CIA was not part of the "team" in providing them with the twisted intelligence that they wanted on iraq, and CIA people wouldn't stop contradicting junior and the junta when they told lies.

Shuster's report describes how the CIA specifically warned the junta that Valerie Plame's was a deep undercover agent.

After her name was leaked despite this warning, the CIA enraged, went public with their anger and asked for a criminal investigation -- an investigation that they knew would inevitably lead back to rove and the junta.

For the junta this was no doubt the last straw. Goss has been systematically destroying that organization, forcing hundreds of years of experience to leave, and crushing any remaining independent objetive intelligence left there.

All this is being done btw under the guise of "merging intelligence assetts" -- which is really just a mechanism to put far greater power into the hands of the pentagon's intelligence arm, which is controled by Rumy and the junta (and not independent like the CIA had been).
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Did Scooter know?

Source: WaPo

Libby Prosecutor Focuses on CIA Officer's Status
    Filings Say Ex-Cheney Aide Knew That Plame Was Classified, Giving Him Reason to Lie to Grand Jury

By Walter Pincus
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, May 22, 2006; Page A04

The classified status of the identity of former CIA officer Valerie Plame will be a key element in any trial of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff, according to special counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald has said that at trial he plans to show that Libby knew Plame's employment at the CIA was classified and that he lied to the grand jury when he said he had learned from NBC News's Tim Russert that Plame, the wife of former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, worked for the agency.

Libby's lawyers have said their client did not know that Plame's job at the CIA was classified, and therefore he had no reason to remember conversations about her or lie about them to the grand jury.

When Libby testified before the grand jury on March 5, 2004, he said, according to the government's indictment: "Mr. Russert said to me, did you know that Ambassador Wilson's wife, or his wife works at the CIA? And I said, no, I don't know that. And then he said, yeah -- yes all the reporters know it. And I said, again, I don't know that."

-snip-
    Frankly Libby should nto be the only one to got to Jail!! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Seems another name should be added to the list.

Ex-Colleague Says Armitage Was Source of CIA Leak

Armitage's involvement in the matter does not fit neatly into the assertions of Bush administration critics that Plame's employment was disclosed as part of a White House conspiracy to besmirch Wilson by suggesting his Niger trip stemmed from nepotism at the CIA. Wilson and Plame have sued top administration officials, alleging that the leak was meant as retaliation.

But Armitage, the source Novak had described obliquely as someone who is "not a political gunslinger," was by all accounts hardly a tool of White House political operatives. As the No. 2 official at the State Department from March 2001 to February 2005, Armitage was a prominent Republican appointee. But he also privately disagreed with the tone and style of White House policymaking on Iraq and other matters.