View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The downing street memo is BS.... sorry...

Besides, get over it already. What was that circa 2002? Dems need to get new material, cuz they aint' gonna win with that...
    The repubs STILL aren't over Clinton so seems you're carrying a torch longer.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    The literal truth or the spun truth?
    Straight uncut truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The repubs STILL aren't over Clinton so seems you're carrying a torch longer.
    Oh, but I beg to differ as the Dems are still not over Reagan
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Straight uncut truth.
    On this we can agree!
    I got over Reagan a long time ago. Took a little therapy but eventually got there. Would you like that therapist's name to help you with your Clinton-itus?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I actually liked Ray-Gun.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    On this we can agree!
    Agreed then. Let's get the truth then.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I got over Reagan a long time ago. Took a little therapy but eventually got there. Would you like that therapist's name to help you with your Clinton-itus?
    Could probably use it 'cause you're right he still chaps my as$

Isn't the first step to getting help admitting you have a problem
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Could probably use it 'cause you're right he still chaps my as$
    You know what irked me the most 'is'.
    You know what irked me the most 'is'.
    don't get me started.........the day he was 1st elected I turned to my wife and said:

'You just watch, he'll go down in history as one of our most corrupt Presidents." Damned if (IMO) I wasn't right....
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    don't get me started.........the day he was 1st elected I turned to my wife and said:

'You just watch, he'll go down in history as one of our most corrupt Presidents." Damned if (IMO) I wasn't right....
    This is one spot where our views differ. I feel that ol' Dubya is.
    I would have read over this and see if it changes your mind at all.

John Bolton, Downing Street, Mohamed ElBaradei, and Valerie Plame
    NRG: I have read over the info in that link...it does seem to at least indicate a possible connection but its far from conclusive.

Hence, at the bottom of the article he wrote:

Update [2005-6-19 22:0:59 by Hunter]: Be careful how much you read a direct Bolton-Plame connection into this, however -- the odds that Bolton is tied directly to the Plame case are, from past known evidence, remote. As I said in comments:

The primary point I am trying to make, in all of that, is not that Plame and Bolton are directly connected, but that they are not -- but that the behavior in each case is almost identical, and perhaps, from other reports which have yet to be tied in to the overall narrative, endemic.
    His connection is mostly based on a perceived coincidence. I guess we shall see when the material is turned over. Knowing the press...they will be all over it
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    NRG: I have read over the info in that link...it does seem to at least indicate a possible connection but its far from conclusive.

Hence, at the bottom of the article he wrote:

His connection is mostly based on a perceived coincidence. I guess we shall see when the material is turned over. Knowing the press...they will be all over it
    That is my point. We shall wait till we see what are in the documents when and if Time hands them over. Hence the reason I started the poll.
    That is my point. We shall wait till we see what are in the documents when and if Time hands them over. Hence the reason I started the poll.
    I gotcha. Any reason why you listed Rove for the poll (other than almost everyone knows who he is?). I think he is too smart to get caught outing a CIA operative.

OT: I dont understand why people who want to throw the media a bone do it in a way where it can be traced back them anyway? They gotta know that judges arent gonna let them hide behind the freedom of press issue?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

One who should be investigated for treason is another Vermonster Patrick Leahy. The last guy you want to tell a secret
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Claire: do tell...what did Leahy do? (I really don't know?)

Im not posting this because I think Rove did it..simply because he seems to be the focus so far on the MSM.

Newsweek magazine is reporting that e-mails between Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper and his editors show that Karl Rove, President Bush's top political adviser, spoke to Cooper in the days before a CIA operative's identity was revealed in the media, but it wasn't clear what Cooper and Rove discussed.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/03/cooper.rove/

I wonder IF Rove is involved, if this quote will be the key:
    Rove has testified at least twice as part of the inquiry, but sources involved previously told CNN that while Rove acknowledged talking to reporters about the issue, he said he never knowingly disclosed classified information.
    Knowingly is a pretty high up on the mens rea component of criminal intent:

Purposely<--Knowingly<--Recklessly<--Negligently

It may prove key if the evidence is revealed that he did in fact leak the information.

Time Magazine to Hand Over Reporter Notes

NEW YORK - Time Inc. said Thursday it would comply with a court order to deliver the notes of a reporter threatened with jail in a probe of the leak of a CIA officer's name. The New York Times, which is also involved in the dispute, said it was "deeply disappointed" at the move, which came days after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected two journalists' appeal.

U.S. District Judge Thomas Hogan is threatening to jail Matthew Cooper, Time's White House correspondent, and Judith Miller of the Times for contempt for refusing to disclose their sources. Time said it believed its cooperation would make Cooper's jailing unnecessary.

The Supreme Court on Monday refused to hear the reporters' appeal and the grand jury investigating the leak expires in October. If jailed, the reporters would be freed at that time.

In a statement, Time, which is a defendant in the case along with the two reporters, said it believes "the Supreme Court has limited press freedom in ways that will have a chilling effect on our work and that may damage the free flow of information that is so necessary in a democratic society."

-snip-

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050630/...rters_contempt

Ugh, from the standpoint of a former reporter in criminal justice, the blame is on the reporter and his employer.

Rule #1: Don't keep written notes - ever. Let the story run, wait a few, then shred them, burn them, whatever.

Rule #2: Be willing to go to jail - anything short of preventing a rape, murder or other harmful violent act, be prepared to do time in lieu of ruining your reputation - i.e. releasing off the record info. (besides, if you have good sources you'll know about the order or any subpoena before it happens, giving you plenty of time to do what you need).

Rule #3: Bad, bad Time Inc. Why? Cause of money? I would hope the reporters would be willing to do the time, and if so, why not let them? I never revealed my private sources - not even to this day. Yes, I would have done time to protect my own rights and those rights of my source.

This is only going to damage the validity of news coming out of Time pubs - why? There's going to be a slew of "sources" who will never be willing to give tips again.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Ugh, from the standpoint of a former reporter in criminal justice, the blame is on the reporter and his employer.

Rule #1: Don't keep written notes - ever. Let the story run, wait a few, then shred them, burn them, whatever.

Rule #2: Be willing to go to jail - anything short of preventing a rape, murder or other harmful violent act, be prepared to do time in lieu of ruining your reputation - i.e. releasing off the record info. (besides, if you have good sources you'll know about the order or any subpoena before it happens, giving you plenty of time to do what you need).

Rule #3: Bad, bad Time Inc. Why? Cause of money? I would hope the reporters would be willing to do the time, and if so, why not let them? I never revealed my private sources - not even to this day. Yes, I would have done time to protect my own rights and those rights of my source.

This is only going to damage the validity of news coming out of Time pubs - why? There's going to be a slew of "sources" who will never be willing to give tips again.

Pamela
    I agree that I don't like the idea of forcing them to reveal sources (because Im a big 1st amendment and freedom of the press supporter) but if you destroy your notes and someone questions the validity of your story, how do you prove that you didnt fabricate the facts? I would want to be able to show that everything that I had was based on some factual analysis or quoted word for word from my source

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Claire: do tell...what did Leahy do? (I really don't know?)
    He had to resign his position in the late 80's or early 90's as V. Chair of the Senate Intel Commitee. He "allegedly" leaked classified information to reporters...

As DC said, not someone you want to trust with secret material.

I don't remember all the details...maybe I'll Google it later...
    Last edited by Insertion; 07/03/2005 at 08:53 PM. Reason: I'm a big sack of typo's today...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast