View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

    26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

    12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

    4 9.52%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 409
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Neither are good, but to attack a man on his record of going into the fight when you chose to hide in the Guard, tacky.
    No kidding! Good thing Bush never did that.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  2. #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    No kidding! Good thing Bush never did that.
    So who works for whom? Rove for Bush or Bush for Rove?
  3. #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Hyprocite chickenhawks like junior, cheney, wolfowitz, rove, Libby deserve a special place in hell for sending others in place of their too precious selves. Not only did they support that war -- but they were advocates of it.
    A baseless claim. Please support this with facts.
    Like now when they are the planners and advocates of the Iraq catastrophe, yet none have encouraged their own children to endanger themselves there...
    Come on, BARYE, that's idiotic. Anytime we need to go to war our leaders have to send their children? Get a grip. Was Clinton supposed to send Chelsea to Somalia? Kosovo? Haiti?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4. #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    So who works for whom? Rove for Bush or Bush for Rove?
    Take your pick. Neither did what you say they did.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  5. #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    sending others in place of their too precious selves.
    This is the baseless claim I was referring to - in case it was unclear.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    This is the baseless claim I was referring to - in case it was unclear.
    by their escaping the service and its attached danger, it is logically inescapable that others less fortunate, less connected, less precious than themselves were exposed in their stead.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7. #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Hobbes, please stop attempting to argue that because that loser COULD technically hypethetically under some circustance have been called to war ...

    that's nonsense -- and anybody alive during the vietnam years knows this.

    Clinton always opposed that war -- but would have served had he been drafted. He had a unique exemption based on his particularly rare and highly covetted Rhodes Scholarship. His letters back to his draftboard reflect his sense of ambiguity over the unfairness of his good fortune.

    Hyprocite chickenhawks like junior, cheney, wolfowitz, rove, Libby deserve a special place in hell for sending others in place of their too precious selves. Not only did they support that war -- but they were advocates of it.

    Like now when they are the planners and advocates of the Iraq catastrophe, yet none have encouraged their own children to endanger themselves there...
    Barye...you missed the point again.....I am not defending either side by simply stating ONLY the FACTS, but rather trying to point out your one sided slanting of comments and perceptions to meet your needs on a totally different topic.

    Prime example above, you say "please stop attempting to argue that because that loser COULD technically hypethetically under some circustance have been called to war" as a point against Bush of joining the NG during wartime. But then you flip flop on Clinton leaving the country to go to school by saying he "would have served had he been drafted", as a point for Clinton. So a might-if point is bad for Bush....but the same might-if point is good for Clinton.

    In fact this is the second time you have done this in just a matter of a couple posts on this thread. You first said that it was bad that Libby lied under oath and that was bad no matter what the testimony was about. And then turned around and said it was uncalled for to make Clinton accountable for perjury because of the subject of the testimony. Rep commit perjury...Bad. Dem commit perjury...Good. Another example of your political flip flopping based totally on your political bias.

    My point is that you make "factual" points based on your political OPINION. If they [Clinton] agree with your opinion they did good. If they [Bush] disagree with your opinion, they did bad.....with both under the same circumstances..

    Then you take this totally unrelated and obviously politically bias argument and flip it to a point against Iraq and/or Bush (not necessarily in that order). I was simply pointing out that there is a consistent pattern in nearly any given one of your posts:

    1) Point...Rep bad...just because they are Rep.
    2) Point...Dem good...just because they are Dem.
    3) Conclusion....Hence Bush's evil overshadows and exceeds that of Stalen & Hitler. He then, due to his natural evil nature, stole both elections with the ingrained intent of fulfilling his dad's 12 year plan to be the sole person and reason under sun that Iraq is a political quagmire beyond the proportions of the 3rd Crusade and Vietnam combined.

    I will quote the above post again with this pattern labeled:
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    1) Point...Rep bad...just because they are Rep:Hobbes, please stop attempting to argue that because that loser COULD technically hypethetically under some circustance have been called to war ...

    that's nonsense -- and anybody alive during the vietnam years knows this.

    2) Point...Dem good...just because they are Dem: Clinton always opposed that war -- but would have served had he been drafted. He had a unique exemption based on his particularly rare and highly covetted Rhodes Scholarship. His letters back to his draftboard reflect his sense of ambiguity over the unfairness of his good fortune.

    3) Conclusion....Hence Bush's evil overshadows and exceeds that of Stalen & Hitler. He then, due to his natural evil nature, stole both elections with the ingrained intent of fulfilling his dad's 12 year plan to be the sole person and reason under sun that Iraq is a political quagmire beyond the proportions of the 3rd Crusade and Vietnam combined.Hyprocite chickenhawks like junior, cheney, wolfowitz, rove, Libby deserve a special place in hell for sending others in place of their too precious selves. Not only did they support that war -- but they were advocates of it.

    Like now when they are the planners and advocates of the Iraq catastrophe, yet none have encouraged their own children to endanger themselves there...
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 10/29/2005 at 10:21 AM.
  8. #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by BAYRE
    by their escaping the service and its attached danger, it is logically inescapable that others less fortunate, less connected, less precious than themselves were exposed in their stead.
    So only Clinton had a rare, precious and in your eyes legitimate reason to avoid the war, eh? Unless you can provide some credible evidence that the Republicans you mentioned avoided service through some illegitimate means I'll be forced to conclude you're simply a hypocrite.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  9. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #369  
    Looks like it is not over yet.

    Source: News Channel 3
    http://www.wtkr.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable

    -snip-

    "...Fitzgerald's spokesman, Randall Samborn, said the investigation will continue but with a new grand jury. The term of the current grand jury cannot be extended beyond today...."

    -snip-
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #370  
    Update:

    I think Rove's time is up.

    Source: Yahoo!

    Time: Rove's Lawyer Told of Conversation

    WASHINGTON - Months before Karl Rove corrected his statements in the Valerie Plame investigation, his lawyer was told that the president's top political adviser might have disclosed Plame's CIA status to a Time magazine reporter.

    Rove says he had forgotten the conversation he had on July 11, 2003, with Time's Matt Cooper. But the magazine reported Sunday that in the first half of 2004, as President Bush's re-election campaign was heating up, Rove's lawyer got the word about a possible Rove-Cooper conversation from a second Time reporter, Viveca Novak.

    -snip-

    Six weeks ago, in a so-far successful effort to avert Rove's indictment, Luskin disclosed his conversation with Novak to the special counsel, Patrick Fitzgerald. Rove remains under investigation.

    -snip-

    The prosecutor is investigating the Bush administration's leaking of Plame's CIA status to the news media in (July)2003, as Plame's husband, former U.S. Ambassador Joseph Wilson, accused the administration of manipulating prewar intelligence on Iraq.

    -snip-

    Novak said the conversation with Luskin occurred anywhere from January 2004 to May 2004; she thinks it was perhaps in March.

    It was not until October 2004 sometime between five months and nine months after Novak's conversation with Luskin that Rove disclosed his conversation with Cooper to the prosecutor.

    -snip-
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Update:

    I think Rove's time is up.
    Update: I think NRG is full of crap.

    Go to www.justoneminute.typepad.com for the DEFINITIVE blog account of this travesty.
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Update: I think NRG is full of crap.
    LOL. That is one of the nicer things you have said to me in a disagreement.

    I think his(Rove's) problem lies within why the wait(5 - 9 months) to tell, no wait, to correct his story to Fitzgerald. If Fitzgerald feels that Rove did not disclose his conversation to Matt Cooper, till it was certain Cooper was gonna testify, well that would be cause for Rove to worry.

    Simple fact we both do not know what will become of this, we both are just offering speculation.
    Last edited by NRG; 12/11/2005 at 10:48 PM.
  13. #373  
    Guilty or innocent may not even end up mattering.....it may come down to solely how Rove handled the situation when it was brought to light.
  14. #375  
    'ol Karl really has gotten under the Left's soft, pink skin, hasn't he?
  15. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    'ol Karl really has gotten under the Left's soft, pink skin, hasn't he?
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  16. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I knew that couldn't be Karl...that tie to not conservative enough.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  17. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    'ol Karl really has gotten under the Left's soft, pink skin, hasn't he?
    You don't think he has been under the Dem's skin since the 2004 election?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  18. #379  
    He's been under my skin since the Texas gov election in which he used gay bashing to win. Sad isn't it. I even saw a quote once by George W. basically saying he didn't feel comfortable using the gay issue, but guess he doesn't have much say.
  19. #380  
    And the masterstroke of all of those "No Gay Marriage" ballot initiatives in the 2004 election to drive up turn out. Oh, wait a minute...those initiatives passed in Blue states, too.

Posting Permissions