View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    he's free to gamble on saying anything idiotic he chooses.

Da Thiomas is just as free to speak out in describing that idiocy.
    This reminds me of the Cindy Sheehanigans thread with people arguing the opposite side of the fence.
    Where's Nudist been??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    In addition to the indictment of Rove (junior's "brain") that I predicted several months ago, its also probable that Scooter Libby, cheney's chief of staff is also likely to be going down.

Fitzgerald has put much effort into investigating cheney's staff's role in this affair -- and its quite possible other lesser known members of that staff are also to be indicted.

I am actually fearful that Cheney may be so implicated in the scandal and in the indictments of his staff (or by Fitzgerald referring a case to congress against Cheney for "impeachment"), that Cheny may feel it best to resign for health reasons. The possibility of Condi Rice being appointed VP makes me stay up at night.

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere, but I think there's a long shot possibility of Novak being indicted for obsstruction of justice and perjury as well.

Rove Told Jury Libby May Have Been His Source In Leak Case
    Top Aides Talked Before Plame's Name Was Public

By Jim VandeHei and Carol D. Leonnig Washington Post
    Thursday, October 20, 2005

White House adviser Karl Rove told the grand jury in the CIA leak case that I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, may have told him that CIA operative Valerie Plame worked for the intelligence agency before her identity was revealed...

...Rove told the grand jury the talk was confined to information the two men heard from reporters, the source said.

...John Hannah, an aide to Cheney and one of two dozen people questioned in the CIA leak case, has told friends in recent months he is worried he may be implicated by the investigation, according to two U.S. officials.

...What, if any, role was played by former White House spokesman Ari Fleischer?

...Hannah signals how broadly the prosecutor has probed for answers. As Cheney's deputy national security adviser, he was intimately involved in Iraq policy.

Hannah is one of at least five people in the Cheney operation who have been interviewed by federal investigators.

...Cheney was central to building the case that then-Iraqi President Saddam Hussein sought nuclear weapons-grade material in Niger and Libby helped discredit Wilson in part by talking about his wife, according to lawyers in the case.

...In September of 2003, a senior administration official told The Post that at least six journalists were contacted about Plame by two top White House officials.

One of the longest-running mysteries of the case is the identity of Novak's second source...

...Stephen J. Hadley, Bush's national security adviser. In an e-mail that surfaced earlier this year, Rove told Hadley, then deputy national security adviser, about his conversation with Cooper, saying he waved the reporter off Wilson's allegations. The e-mail was not turned over until long after the probe began.

One person in the probe said Fitzgerald showed considerable early interest in the White House Iraq Group, a task force created by Chief of Staff Andrew H. Card Jr. in August 2002 and charged with "marketing" the war in Iraq to the public.

...regular participants were Rove, Libby, Hadley, then-national security adviser Condoleezza Rice, adviser Karen Hughes, Matalin, and White House director of legislative affairs Nicholas Calio.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Uh, so far indictments are just wishful thinking on your part. They may come, but don't count your chickens 'til they hatch.

Leaking grand jury testimony is a felony. Where's the outrage?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Uh, so far indictments are just wishful thinking on your part. They may come, but don't count your chickens 'til they hatch.

Leaking grand jury testimony is a felony. Where's the outrage?
    Fitzgerald's investigation has been the most leak proof in the history of Washington.

No one knows what will happen ...

btw --

I've begun to cull my chickens -- they seem {cough} to have some kind of {cough} weird cold or something {cough}.
    White House Defense Shaky in CIA Leak Case
    PETE YOST, Associated Press Oct 21, 2005

Even if White House aides leaked a covert CIA officer's identity, they were simply passing along information they'd already heard from the news media, the administration's supporters maintain in a defense that looks increasing shaky as new evidence accumulates.

Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald now knows that Vice President **** Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, met three times with a New York Times reporter before the leak of Valerie Plame's identity, that Libby initiated a call to NBC newsman Tim Russert and that Libby was a confirming source about the wife of Bush administration critic Joseph Wilson for a Time magazine reporter.

Presidential political adviser Karl Rove has testified that it's possible Libby was his source before Rove talked to two reporters about the CIA operative.

Where Libby first heard the information still isn't publicly known, but a full three weeks before Plame's name first showed up in print, Libby was telling New York Times reporter Judith Miller that he thought Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, according to Miller's testimony.

While Libby maintains that he didn't know Plame's name until it was published in the news media, the now-public evidence suggests Libby at least was aware that Wilson's wife worked at the CIA and that he spread the information.

Prosecutors must determine whether it was part of an effort to undermine the credibility of Plame's husband. Leaking the identity of a covert agent can be a crime ...

...Until this week, "the news media did it" was a standard defense among Republicans trying to protect the Bush administration from the political fallout of Fitzgerald's criminal investigation. Loyalists said that even if White House aides had passed on information, they didn't get it from classified sources and were simply repeating what they heard from journalists.

In grand jury testimony shown to Rove, Libby said he had told Rove about information he had gotten about Wilson's wife from Russert, according to a person directly familiar with the information.

Prosecutors, however, have a different account from Russert. The TV network has said Russert told authorities he did not know Wilson's wife's identity until it was published and therefore could not have told Libby about it. Russert also says that it was Libby who initiated the contact with him.

In Miller's case, she was interviewing Libby on June 23, 2003, for a story on the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq when the vice president's chief of staff suggested a CIA tie for Wilson's wife, Miller has said.

"This was the first time I had been told that Mr. Wilson's wife might work for the CIA," Miller wrote in a first-person account over the weekend.

Miller said this week that she never wrote a story about Wilson's wife because "it wasn't that important to me. I was focused on the main question: Was our WMD intelligence slanted?"
    Fitzgerald's investigation has been the most leak proof in the history of Washington.
    Ha! That's a riot! I refer you to your own posting in this very thread. The AP story you linked to is heavily sourced using leaks within the prosecutor's office.

What a joke. I still say, don't count your (ill) chickens until they hatch.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Ha! That's a riot! I refer you to your own posting in this very thread. The AP story you linked to is heavily sourced using leaks within the prosecutor's office.

What a joke. I still say, don't count your (ill) chickens until they hatch.

more likely the defense attorneys attempting to spin ...
    more likely the defense attorneys attempting to spin ...
    Whatever. Either way, convictions are very unlikely.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Whatever. Either way, convictions are very unlikely.
    And, if they are convicted, they will just sign a book deal, a movie deal and make boatloads of money. They are politicians after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    And, if they are convicted, they will just sign a book deal, a movie deal and make boatloads of money. They are politicians after all.

Yes, and we should really not expect more of them?
    Synopsis of what this is all about:

http://www.investors.com/editorial/I...0051019&view=1

I don't claim this is an objective analysis... but many interesting points are raised.
    here's 2 minutes of the discussion from the conservative McGlaughlin Group discussing Leakgate and Rove etc.

Leakgate Libby, and Rove
    Elenaor "Rodham" Clift is your source?

Things are better for us than I thought.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Take a look at the events that occurred when Elliot Abrams was put to trial for his dealings in the Iran-Contra affair. If history is any indication, I believe they will be convicted, but they will be set free, not because of evidence or lack thereof, but because of technicality.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Elenaor "Rodham" Clift is your source?

Things are better for us than I thought.

did you watch the entire 2 min. clip ??

What Buchanan says at the end should be very disturbing for junior's side
    did you watch the entire 2 min. clip ??

What Buchanan says at the end should be very disturbing for junior's side
    Pat Buchanan?!? Ha!

How weak...
    Pat Buchanan?!? Ha!

How weak...
    Yes. It is ALMOST as funny as the Left now taking up for the CIA.
    So did you watch BARYE's full clip? The best part was when Buchanan said the source for his fevered musings was "websites". Double-ha!

to paraphrase that heroic former National Guardsman: "If you're not against us, you're for us..."

When Buchanan or anyone else makes an intelligent observation I have no problem acknowledging it.

McGloughlin is talking about Leakgate reaching into Cheney's office -- and to the VP himself.

Today's front page story on Cheney
    in the NY Times reveals that old **** testified UNDER OATH to Fitzgerald.

If he was less than truthful --