View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just a kick for things are starting to get heated up. Is there a problem with the GOP?
    Gee, a problem with the GOP. I dunno, let's review this past week.

a) "Browny" arrogantly yet whining all the way tells a committee it's anyone's fault but his.

b) DeLay indicted (finally, prolly not the last time)

c) Former Education Secretary under Reagen and conservative radio commentator, William Bennett, makes one of the most outrageous statements ever heard that wasn't coming from behind a pointy white hood.

I'd say it's business as usual for the GOP. Can't wait until next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    William Bennett, makes one of the most outrageous statements ever heard that wasn't coming from behind a pointy white hood.

I'd say it's business as usual for the GOP. Can't wait until next week!
    LOL-what did Bennett say? I havent heard about this (you'd think the liberal news agencies would be all over this?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    LOL-what did Bennett say? I havent heard about this (you'd think the liberal news agencies would be all over this?)

Oh, everyone has been all over it since yesterday, Google News

And Bennett said, "...if you wanted to reduce crime, you could -- if that were your sole purpose -- you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down." Bennett quickly added that such an idea would be "an impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do." But, he said, "your crime rate would go down." "

So the ***** kinda realizes he's slipped too much and starts to cover then goes right back to the racist statement without realizing he's showing his true beliefs.
    I think Bennett is pro-life. He musta just forgot to after he said it.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I think Bennett is pro-life. He musta just forgot to after he said it.
    Yea, that's not the issue. He's saying the reduction of black people would result in less crime. And he says it twice. What an A$$ Hat!

Wasn’t he using irony to highlight a moral evil, crime? Similar to Jonathan Swift with A Modest Proposal.

He...it gives ya something to talk about
    Yea, that's not the issue. He's saying the reduction of black people would result in less crime. And he says it twice. What an A$$ Hat!

Hey, guess what? A reduction of white people would also result in less crime. Bennett was arguing *against* an ***** caller on this point. He's stridently anti-abortion... isn't that one of the reasons so many of your ilk hate him?

No doubt it's been a bad week for the GOP, and Bennett should have known that his enemies would take his comments out of context. What some folks are willing to believe about conservatives is truly stunning. You really believe Bennett thinks black babies should be aborted? Get a grip.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ee, a problem with the GOP. I dunno, let's review this past week.

a) "Browny" arrogantly yet whining all the way tells a committee it's anyone's fault but his.

b) DeLay indicted (finally, prolly not the last time)

c) Former Education Secretary under Reagen and conservative radio commentator, William Bennett, makes one of the most outrageous statements ever heard that wasn't coming from behind a pointy white hood.

I'd say it's business as usual for the GOP. Can't wait until next week! "

ya gotta laugh at the way the lefties love to try to stir the pot.

but wait, roberts was just confirmed, which locks a conservative in control over the supreme court for like, what? oh.... 30 years?! lol GOP'S doing just fine.

the left HAS to jump on anything they can get here, because frankly, the country is turning red before their eyes, and you just have to think that that's making lefties turn red in the face too!!! lol.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just a kick for things are starting to get heated up. Is there a problem with the GOP?
    I think this is worthy of it's own thread.

I certainly dont condone what he said, but shouldnt you be championing his right to say whatever he wants, and oppose those that try and censor him??
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    hmm.. interesting point.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I certainly dont condone what he said, but shouldnt you be championing his right to say whatever he wants, and oppose those that try and censor him??

he's free to gamble on saying anything idiotic he chooses.

Da Thiomas is just as free to speak out in describing that idiocy.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Hey, guess what? A reduction of white people would also result in less crime. Bennett was arguing *against* an ***** caller on this point. He's stridently anti-abortion... isn't that one of the reasons so many of your ilk hate him?

No doubt it's been a bad week for the GOP, and Bennett should have known that his enemies would take his comments out of context. What some folks are willing to believe about conservatives is truly stunning. You really believe Bennett thinks black babies should be aborted? Get a grip.
    No, You're wrong but nice try. Read the transcriipt. Bennett brings up race.
    No, You're wrong but nice try. Read the transcriipt. Bennett brings up race.
    His thinking was obviously that blacks are, for whatever reason, disproportionately represented within the criminal portion of our population. To make his point about he used that example. As his statement on the matter says,
    "I went on to reveal the limitations of such arguments by showing the absurdity in another such argument, along the same lines. I entertained what law school professors call 'the Socratic method' and what I would hope good social science professors still use in their seminars. In so doing, I suggested a hypothetical analogy while at the same time saying the proposition I was using about blacks and abortion was 'impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible,' just to ensure those who would have any doubt about what they were hearing, or for those who tuned in to the middle of the conversation."
    Given his position and that he would predictably get the reaction he is, it was unwise for him to say, but you're grasping at straws.

That hardly makes him a racist who wishes black babies dead.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

Da Thiomas is just as free to speak out in describing that idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Kinda like you have that same right, provided it falls within the guidelines of this forum.
    That lying ******* Bush show be on the Poll....
    Ah....the minds of the partisan free thinkers of our country....
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Nobody. And since it's a popular choice, you should include that in your poll.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstright
    That lying ******* Bush show be on the Poll....
    You need to slow your gif down, the one in your avatar.