View Poll Results: Which one is going to jail for Treason?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karl Rove

26 61.90%
  • "Scooter" Libby

12 28.57%
  • John Bolton

4 9.52%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yea, I watched that FrontLine, it's VERY informative and INTERESTING.

It can be viewed online still if anyone else is interested, Karl Rove -- The Architect.
    I forgot it was available online. I strongly encourage people to watch it. It is very well done. They walked a very very fine line, but it worked, IMO.
    The most interesting thing I learned on the show is that Rove is a clown, a jokester. I always envisioned him as a 100% serious man incapable of cracking a smile.
    Bush senior: "Read my lips: NO NEW TAXES"

Bush junior: "If someone in this administration leaked classified information, they will no longer be a part of this administration, because that's not the way this White House operates. That's not the way this president expects people in his administration to conduct their business," (Bush on Oct. 7, 2003, via his spokesman McClellan).

Note it says "anybody who leaked classified information...". Rove said about this last August: "I'll repeat what I said ... when this whole thing broke some number of months ago. I didn't know her name. I didn't leak her name." What a silly coward he is. Are we supposed to believe it makes any difference that he referred to Valerie Plame as Joseph Wilson's wife? It's not that Joseph Wilson has several wives, or am I wrong here?

Nixon gave you Watergate. The Reagan administration lied to Congress and thus to the American people (Irangate).

Bush protects people who leak classified information in times of war, even though he repeatedly and publicly stated that he wouldn't.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Bush senior: "Read my lips: NO NEW TAXES"

Bush junior: "If someone in this administration leaked classified information, they will no longer be a part of this administration, because that's not the way this White House operates. That's not the way this president expects people in his administration to conduct their business," (Bush on Oct. 7, 2003, via his spokesman McClellan).

Note it says "anybody who leaked classified information...". Rove said about this last August: "I'll repeat what I said ... when this whole thing broke some number of months ago. I didn't know her name. I didn't leak her name." What a silly coward he is. Are we supposed to believe it makes any difference that he referred to Valerie Plame as Joseph Wilson's wife? It's not that Joseph Wilson has several wives, or am I wrong here?

Nixon gave you Watergate. The Reagan administration lied to Congress and thus to the American people (Irangate).

Bush protects people who leak classified information in times of war, even though he repeatedly and publicly stated that he wouldn't.
    ...and dont forget that Switzerland continues to discriminate against those of the Muslim religion by preventing them from becoming citizens.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    And you went all the way back to Reagan and conveniently forgot Bill was impeached for lying.

Boy....you would begin to think that politicians are not honest or something?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    http://www.house.gov/tierney/press/rove07132005.shtml

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    July 13, 2005

Congressman Tierney Calls For Suspension of Rove’s Security Clearance and Access to Classified Information

Washington, DC - All Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) today joined Congressman John F. Tierney (D-MA), the only New England Member of HPSCI, to call on President George Bush to revoke White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove’s security clearances and access to classified information. In a letter to the President, all nine Democrats on the Committee urged him to take immediate action.

“It is outrageous that even though Mr. Rove has acknowledged, through his attorney, that he disclosed the identity of a covert intelligence officer, he continues to have access to our nation’s highest level of classified intelligence,” said Congressman John Tierney.

Recently released e-mails confirm Mr. Rove identified covert C.I.A. agent Valerie Plame, although not by name, to a Time Magazine reporter. For the past two years, a federal prosecutor has been conducting an investigation to find out if someone in the White House leaked Plame’s identity in retaliation for her husband’s opinion article challenging the President’s evidence for going to war in Iraq.

“As one of the highest ranking officials in the Bush Administration, Mr. Rove knows full well that all government employees with access to classified information are obliged to protect it from unauthorized individuals and to verify whether information is, in fact, unclassified before disclosing it,” said Tierney.

Past breaches of national intelligence by less senior officials have resulted in the revocation and often termination of those individuals. On June 10th 2004, President Bush committed to fire any individual who leaked classified information relating to the Valerie Plame affair.

“The security of our country is at stake. We must look beyond elections, beyond politics, and beyond personal relationships. The White House is not an asylum for those who use backdoor maneuvers that jeopardize the safety and protection of our professional intelligence officers and the security our nation,” Tierney stated.

“It would be most appropriate for President Bush to invite and accept Mr. Rove’s resignation. At a minimum, the President should immediately revoke Mr. Rove’s security clearances,” concluded Tierney.

Democratic Members of HPSCI will hold a press conference today following the mark-up of the Patriot Act Reauthorization bill in the House Radio and TV Gallery (H-321) at 12:30 p.m.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    And you went all the way back to Reagan and conveniently forgot Bill was impeached for lying.

I think he meant that only Republicans where dishonest, but I wont speak for him.
    Well behaved women rarely make history

Clinton was found innocent of the things he was charged for, did you forget?

I am not saying Clinton didn't do wrong, but that story was about private things, not politics, not national security, intelligence, war. Big difference.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Depends on what the definition of "was" is.

I am not saying Clinton didn't do wrong, but that story was about private things, not politics, not national security, intelligence, war. Big difference.
    Innocent? He was impeached by the House. He has been disbarred for perjury. You call that innocent?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Innocent? He was impeached by the House. He has been disbarred for perjury. You call that innocent?
    He was tried and not convicted in the senate. I think that's what he means. It's like OJ is "innocent."
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    He was tried and not convicted in the senate. I think that's what he means. It's like OJ is "innocent."
    Let's not even compare oral infidelity to the brutal butchering of two people.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Let's not even compare oral infidelity to the brutal butchering of two people.
    I'm not, but they're the first two cases I could think of where they were judged differently in different venues.
    I believe in a technical sense Clinton was "charged" with Impeachment but was not removed from office. They are two separate actions.

By the way, no one from the White House is going to jail. There is a huge opening in the law which will allow he/they to go scott free. The one qualifier here is this only pertains to the outing of Ms. Wilson. Perjury is a totally different point and I firmly believe there will be (based upon my sources) at least a couple of those charges forthcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I believe in a technical sense Clinton was "charged" with Impeachment but was not removed from office. They are two separate actions.

By the way, no one from the White House is going to jail. There is a huge opening in the law which will allow he/they to go scott free. The one qualifier here is this only pertains to the outing of Ms. Wilson. Perjury is a totally different point and I firmly believe there will be (based upon my sources) at least a couple of those charges forthcoming.
    Who will be charged with perjury? Wilson for lying his *** off about his "mission"? Valerie, for lying about leaking classified info to her husband?

This thing has really boomeranged on the NYT. Heh.

Yes, imagine that. We can impeach a president for lying about having sex with a woman but can't even think to impeach a president for sending Americans to die in Iraq based on a lie. Incredible. Wouldn't it have been nice if we could have spent the money and resources on actually finding Osama Bin Laden rather than rolling into Iraq. Heck, "freeing" Iraq didn't even help the price of oil.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Who will be charged with perjury? Wilson for lying his *** off about his "mission"? Valerie, for lying about leaking classified info to her husband?
    Quote? Never heard of that. Besides, Wilson or Plame lying would not make Rove's leaking of classified information any better.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

This thing has really boomeranged on the NYT. Heh.
    The only problem here is it doesn't matter about Joe Wilson, Valarie, etc.. This is now between a prosecuter and the white house. Instead of wasting your time attacking and trying to smear the Wilsons, maybe you should try your (R) tactics on the prosecuter? The 'CIA' asked for the investigation into the leak, not the Wilsons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Yes, imagine that. We can impeach a president for lying about having sex with a woman but can't even think to impeach a president for sending Americans to die in Iraq based on a lie.
    Already a whole thread with over 300 responses to this one....

Did Bush Lie?? You decide!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86037