0 0%
  • Robbie McEwen

0 0%
  • Santiago Botero

0 0%
  • Francisco Mancebo

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Tour de France is really won/lost in the mountains and Lance rules in the hills. With that said, the other thing that impresses me about him is that he is very good in all cycling disciplines (sprinting, time trials). He's very well rounded, I just wish he had focused on winning other races and not just owning the Tour de France. Critics will say he didn't win enough other races, but those are just sour grapes from those not wanting to acknowledge his Tour de France dominance. I think he chose to make his mark with the most difficult race knowing he could win the others if he wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    With a heart 1/3 larger, pumping 9 gallons or blood per minute (normal is about 4) and the ability tp purge his body of lactic acid more quickly then the normal person, seems like he's found the perfect sport for his physioligy...
    He's a freak of nature that found his niche.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    The Tour de France is really won/lost in the mountains and Lance rules in the hills. With that said, the other thing that impresses me about him is that he is very good in all cycling disciplines (sprinting, time trials). He's very well rounded, I just wish he had focused on winning other races and not just owning the Tour de France. Critics will say he didn't win enough other races, but those are just sour grapes from those not wanting to acknowledge his Tour de France dominance. I think he chose to make his mark with the most difficult race knowing he could win the others if he wanted.
    For a guy that could be dead from cancer I think he has had a fantastic career
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    For a guy that could be dead from cancer I think he has had a fantastic career
    Oh, I'm a huge Lance fan and a big supporter of his foundation. I was more relaying the common criticisms I hear from people. Forget his cycling accomplishments, surviving the amount of cancer he had is probably the most incredible thing. But anyway, I'm all about Lance and proud of it!
  5.    #25  
    Critics will say he didn't win enough other races, but those are just sour grapes from those not wanting to acknowledge his Tour de France dominance. I think he chose to make his mark with the most difficult race knowing he could win the others if he wanted.
    That is another thing that I admire about Lance. He does enter other races during the year....but he does so as a support for another on his team to win. It is his way of showing his appreciation for what they do for him during the Tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    That is another thing that I admire about Lance. He does enter other races during the year....but he does so as a support for another on his team to win. It is his way of showing his appreciation for what they do for him during the Tour.
    Your point is spot-on! He is the epitome of a team player. Show me another athlete at his level not only willing to allow a teammate to have the spotlight but helping him get there.
    Your point is spot-on! He is the epitome of a team player. Show me another athlete at his level not only willing to allow a teammate to have the spotlight but helping him get there.
    Kobe?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I hope he goes out on top. . . . either with a win or helping a teamate win.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Kobe?
    Your joking about this right
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Insertion never jokes ;-)
    "The Tour de France, which has been dominated by American Lance Armstrong since 1999, has taken a different tact during Armstrong's victory streak. It takes note of the six-time champion's strengths and attempts to nullify them, sometimes making the race easier".

If you cant beat him...change things or cheat.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    "The Tour de France, which has been dominated by American Lance Armstrong since 1999, has taken a different tact during Armstrong's victory streak. It takes note of the six-time champion's strengths and attempts to nullify them, sometimes making the race easier".

If you cant beat him...change things or cheat.
    You are certainly right. The current director of the Tour, who has been there far to long IMHO, is stepping down after this tour. He does not have to worry about politics now. So he did change the course and level of difficulty. He did it so that the race is not so hard as to render Lance the reigning dominance in the race yet again. I cannot remember the exact quote, but on a tv spot he basically said "So we can give others a chance at winning too". But isn't that what the Tour has been about.....the best conquering the hardest challenges...not making it easier so others can have a chance as well because they are not as good.

On anothe note, here is funny quote from Basso, one of Lance's potential rivals this year:
    Since Armstrong secured his sixth crown in 2004, surpassing the previous record of five victories he shared with Spain's Miguel Indurain, Frenchmen Jacques Anquetil and Bernard Hinault and Belgium's Eddy Merckx, some have questioned whether he is fully motivated this time round.

But such speculation seems to ignore the competitive fire that burns naturally in Armstrong. Just winning, whether it be for the first time or the hundredth, is for him motivation in itself.

Surviving cancer also steeled him, both physically and mentally, for the Tour's rigors.

"What it teaches is this: pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever," he says.

Basso, for one, has no doubts that Armstrong remains the man to beat.

"Of course he's still hungry. When a rider wins six Tours, he's not a normal person in the head," said the CSC team rider, who at 27 is just coming into his prime.
  13.    #33  
    LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOW UNTIL IT ALL STARTS!

I subscribe to OLN for 2 months just to watch - it's my only addiction other than coffee
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOW UNTIL IT ALL STARTS!

Can't you just see the French getting pissed looking at that picture?
    I think France has gotten used to having foreign flags raised on their soil.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I think France has gotten used to having foreign flags raised on their soil.

That is too funny on so many different levels!
  18.    #38  
    I subscribe to OLN for 2 months just to watch - it's my only addiction other than coffee
    Take out the coffee and add in Fly Fishing.....then Same here!
    Insertion you kill me. That is one of the funniest post I have ever seen. I was not expecting it on such a serious thread.
    Can't you just see the French getting pissed looking at that picture?
    Yeah. You guys have said it all. It's gotta drive the French crazy that they can't even win their own race against an American!! We may as well just rename the food to American Fries and take that too.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast