Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    But Tom Cruise is still an ***...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I agree on the camcorder, but the other was specifically not a digital camra. He was manually advancing the film.
    Besides, anything powered completely off should survive an EMP, the way I understand it. Only things with electric current should be fried. So theoretically a lot more cars and things should work when they were turned on after it was over if they were off during the pulse.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I thought the movie was great. Anyone planning to 'pass' on this one is missing out seeing it on the big screen. The only way you get the full effect of the movie is in a theater setting with the dark environment, big screen, and high quality surround sound.
    Otherwise, the movie is not going to be terrifying for you, and that's the best part.

Anyone who thinkgs the movie was "too long" I must say, it's people like you that are the reason half of the great films end up on the cutting room floor. I would have enjoyed this if it was 4 hours long and still entertaining. It's not as if this movie was unnecessarily slow for any length of time. Sorry, I guess that sounds harsh, I don't mean it to be.

The only thing I didn't really like about this was the ending.
    Weak.
    ***SPOILER*****
    How is it that the in-laws were still at home in the end and their house wasn't yet destroyed. Why hadn't they fled like everyone else? Maybe it was because the aliens were just now getting to Boston?
    I would have rather seen all humans get exterminated and basically the end of the world, or found some weakness and started fighting back. However this was a 'remake' so I guess it wouldn't be the same.

Don't hold back. The Ferry capsizing scene alone was worth the price of the ticket. I also like the military battle on the hill with the Tripods. And if you don't see it in the theater, when the screen goes dark and there is nothing but the sounds of destruction outside, you won't get that experience at home. That is unless you have a $5000 home theater setup, in which case $10 for a ticket is no consequence to you.
    That's funny! One of the few things left in the film from H G Wells book is the ending...
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    The only thing I didn't really like about this was the ending.
    Weak.
    ***SPOILER*****
    Yeah, I aggree with the ending. they should of all survived, especially robby.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It was hubby's choice for the movies and I relunctantly went to see the "War of the World" for fear of the graphics but I came away saying this is a really good movie!

Sci Fi fans will be delighted! Spielberg did a great job!

P.S. I think a lot of people are **** holes, so if Tom is one too, then he is in good company.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I thought Mr. & Mrs. Smith was a better flick that WW!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234