Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I thought he was a Republican??
    As I said, he's still an ***

http://www.campaignmoney.com/biography/tom_cruise.asp

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I guess I read that the Bush family went "on a cruise"
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    "My advise: Go see Romero's Land of the Dead instead"

you liked that movie? I saw that with a buddy and we were pretty disappointed. we thought it was building up towards some clever, exciting main event but instead it suddenly it kinda just.... ended.. and the audience was like... huh?

nah, I'd go see cinderella man. great movie.
    I admire Romero's passion for social justice; the parallels to 9/11 and the western world's invasions of third world countries; and the "live and let live" endning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    I admire Romero's passion for social justice; the parallels to 9/11 and the western world's invasions of third world countries; and the "live and let live" endning.
    Ya whatever.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    <merged>
    ive only heard great things about War of the Worlds
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Tom is evil. Look at what he did to oprah...

Seriously, I think Tom Cruise needs a psychiatrist!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    and now for this lil gem:

We're not alone in universe, says Tom Cruise

BERLIN (Reuters) - Hollywood actor Tom Cruise not only battles creatures from outer space in his latest film "War of the Worlds," he also believes aliens exist, he told a German newspaper on Wednesday.
    Asked in an interview with the tabloid daily Bild if he believed in aliens, Cruise said: "Yes, of course. Are you really so arrogant as to believe we are alone in this universe?

"Millions of stars, and we're supposed to be the only living creatures? No, there are many things out there, we just don't know," Cruise, 42, said in the interview published in German.

.....Cruise also dismissed psychiatry as a "pseudo science," invoking the ire of the American Psychiatric Association that called the remarks "irresponsible."

But many scientologists feel they are unfairly criticized, arguing that although many believe in the concept of aliens, it is not such an unreasonable proposition, and that the side effects of some medication are not fully understood.

Maybe he can get some of those aliens then to go see his crappy movie!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/30/2005 at 10:24 AM.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    and now for this lil gem:

We're not alone in universe, says Tom Cruise

BERLIN (Reuters) - Hollywood actor Tom Cruise not only battles creatures from outer space in his latest film "War of the Worlds," he also believes aliens exist, he told a German newspaper on Wednesday.
    Asked in an interview with the tabloid daily Bild if he believed in aliens, Cruise said: "Yes, of course. Are you really so arrogant as to believe we are alone in this universe?
    He's a Scientologist. They all believe this crap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

And Tom Cruise is still an ***...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    kewl
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

Interesting link, thanks. Isn't it sad that a person can become brain-washed enough to pay US$19,500 for a third class science-fiction story?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

And Tom Cruise is still an ***...
    I'm dumbfounded.....mouth is wide open now. This can't be serious....can't it? Somebody needs to slap me right now, just to get this outta my head! Any volunteers?
    Apparently the aliens don't believe in psychiatry either!!

Oh wait a minute...er...oh, yeah Tom Cruise is a moron..and so is Kristy Alley and all the other hollywood loons!

"Millions of stars, and we're supposed to be the only living creatures? No, there are many things out there, we just don't know," Cruise, 42, said in the interview published in German.
    And you think the existence of life elsewhere in the universe is crazy?
    If you've ever done the math, the odds of there being life on other planets in the universe is not only inevetable, but life on thousands (or more) planets is. Just ask the astronomers with the PhD's.
    Cruise did get one thing wrong, there aren't millions of stars, but Trillions.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't believe aliens are visiting or going to attack earth. I have no reason to believe any of this life has even achived any kind of space travel let alone the desire to visit us or anyone.
    But intellegent life? In the universe. Think about it for more than 3 seconds.

Perhaps I'm missing the point, after we/you were all laughing at Cruise (rightly so.)

By the way, anyone that believes that Scientology story is on crack. I could have written a better 'story' than that, and I'm not even creative.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    And you think the existence of life elsewhere in the universe is crazy?
    If you've ever done the math, the odds of there being life on other planets in the universe is not only inevetable, but life on thousands (or more) planets is. Just ask the astronomers with the PhD's.
    Cruise did get one thing wrong, there aren't millions of stars, but Trillions.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't believe aliens are visiting or going to attack earth. I have no reason to believe any of this life has even achived any kind of space travel let alone the desire to visit us or anyone.
    But intellegent life? In the universe. Think about it for more than 3 seconds.

Perhaps I'm missing the point, after we/you were all laughing at Cruise (rightly so.)

By the way, anyone that believes that Scientology story is on crack. I could have written a better 'story' than that, and I'm not even creative.

I don't necessarily disagree that there may be life elsewhere in the Universe. But the point is that Cruise's cultish religion beleives the aliens have already landed and pursued a war against psychiatry and getting the fat actress Kristy Alley her own TV SHOW!

Oh yeah, Cruise is STILL a moron!

...oh, yeah Tom Cruise is a moron..
    I believe the consensus on this board was that he was an ***!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The Last Samauri was good...only real problen was that Tom cant act.
    He acts in Born on the Fourth. Hate to admit it but it's true. Credit the director though.
    I thought the movie was great. Anyone planning to 'pass' on this one is missing out seeing it on the big screen. The only way you get the full effect of the movie is in a theater setting with the dark environment, big screen, and high quality surround sound.
    Otherwise, the movie is not going to be terrifying for you, and that's the best part.

Anyone who thinkgs the movie was "too long" I must say, it's people like you that are the reason half of the great films end up on the cutting room floor. I would have enjoyed this if it was 4 hours long and still entertaining. It's not as if this movie was unnecessarily slow for any length of time. Sorry, I guess that sounds harsh, I don't mean it to be.

The only thing I didn't really like about this was the ending.
    Weak.
    ***SPOILER*****
    How is it that the in-laws were still at home in the end and their house wasn't yet destroyed. Why hadn't they fled like everyone else? Maybe it was because the aliens were just now getting to Boston?
    I would have rather seen all humans get exterminated and basically the end of the world, or found some weakness and started fighting back. However this was a 'remake' so I guess it wouldn't be the same.

Don't hold back. The Ferry capsizing scene alone was worth the price of the ticket. I also like the military battle on the hill with the Tripods. And if you don't see it in the theater, when the screen goes dark and there is nothing but the sounds of destruction outside, you won't get that experience at home. That is unless you have a $5000 home theater setup, in which case $10 for a ticket is no consequence to you.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    it is a good movie.

imho, scientology is a cult, but a tax exempt one.

L Ron wrote a sci-fi book that ppl took to heart so he went with it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I thought War of the Worlds was a fun summer flick. However, I think Spielberg (who is a genius at movie making) was a little sloppy with this one. When everything lost power (even watches with batteries) there was a camcorder lying in the street still filming and a person taking pictures with a digital camera. ................seems a bit inconsistent.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast