Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Barye
    mind your own business or you'll get dissed as a punk...it seems that you want to stick your neck in where someone else has already stuck theirs. I gave intellectual answers when it was called for. If someone is getting personally involved then they should take a cold shower and stop getting their buttons pushed so easily. This includes you and anyone else who puts their buttons out to be pushed.
    the Baer
    new or not...I have not broken any rules of the forum here...it would be my pleasure for you to ignore me.
    the Baer
    Cold showers seem to be in order tonight.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Cold showers seem to be in order tonight.
    If anyone needs a cold shower, its usually you!
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by thebaer
    Barye
    mind your own business or you'll get dissed as a punk...it seems that you want to stick your neck in where someone else has already stuck theirs. I gave intellectual answers when it was called for. If someone is getting personally involved then they should take a cold shower and stop getting their buttons pushed so easily. This includes you and anyone else who puts their buttons out to be pushed.
    the Baer
    new or not...I have not broken any rules of the forum here...it would be my pleasure for you to ignore me.
    Baer: I actually am glad you are here (as are others). You seem (at least) somewhat interested in engaging in a healthy debate. Wouldnt you agree that its everyone's business when they express a point of view in an open forum? I don't see the need to shut someone out. I agree with you that we shouldnt take things so personally but at the same time, we shouldnt make arguments that are personal, but rather make arguments that are built on policy (or what we would like that policy to be.) IMO
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

t2gungho
    I agree........debating from one's own knowledge is admirable and I see from reading many posts that there are many folks here worthy of a claim that they know our country's political scene all too well. There are others whose only claim is how fast they can google search their way into making a post. Plagerism today is the sign of weakness and failure in school. Someone who creates values and moral judgements from google rather than their own ideas and experience are a dime a dozen. I can google search with the best of them and argue a point well into the night....and if the other side involves someone who knows first hand what they are talking about, it makes it worth a beer together the next day. Otherwise, is is worth nothing. The response that Barye referred to was to someone who got the comment he made himself a target for and not to something directed to him.
    he then told me I would be dissed as a punk...I only reused his own words to allow him to diss me as a punk if he chose to do so. He started out trying to give advice to me, which is fine....but I am too old and have seen enough action for me to worry about someone "dissing" me for all the wrong reasons.
    Have a great Thursday.
    cya
    the Baer
    the Baer
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaer
    ... The response that Barye referred to was to someone who got the comment he made himself a target for and not to something directed to him.
    he then told me I would be dissed as a punk...I only reused his own words to allow him to diss me as a punk if he chose to do so. He started out trying to give advice to me, which is fine....but I am too old and have seen enough action for me to worry about someone "dissing" me for all the wrong reasons.
    Have a great Thursday.
    cya
    the Baer
    Baer you're entitled to any opinion you choose -- as are those who might disagree with you. But when you are challenged to support your POV, it disrespects everyone when instead of buttressing what you believe with logic and facts, you used words like these:

"would expect that type of reply from someone in Seatle....daThomas" #213

"and we are all still laughing in the aisles at the expression "circular argument" here.." #215

"daThomas.....take a advil and save your liberal crap for another liberal to cry with You will not change my thoughts any more than I will change yours. If I had wanted to even start to change yours, I would have gone about it from a totally different direction........see directions from EIB network on how to work on changing a libs mind." #227

"I don't have to put up answers to your weak arguments...you already know them. " #244

"no daThomas.......I'm working from experience.....and experience tells me Never argue with an *****, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." #259

All of us -- no matter our sarcasm -- welcomed you, and wanted you to at least attempt to defend your original assertions. The give and take is what makes these discussions fun and a place learn from others ...

(though we should perhaps use that other thread)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    NEWS RELEASE
    HEADQUARTERS UNITED STATES CENTRAL COMMAND
    7115 South Boundary Boulevard
    MacDill AFB, Fla. 33621-5101
    Phone: (813) 827-5894; FAX: (813) 827-2211; DSN 651-5894

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 28, 2005
    Release Number: 05-07-19C

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOUR TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIERS KILLED IN BOMB ATTACK

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Four Task Force Baghdad Soldiers died when their vehicle struck a roadside bomb at 7:15 p.m. July 24 in southwest Baghdad.

The names of the deceased Soldiers are being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The incident is under investigation.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS RELEASE, CONTACT THE TASK FORCE BAGHDAD PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE AT TASKFORCEBAGHDADPAO@ID3.ARMY.MIL.

http://www.centcom.mil/CENTCOMNews/C...t=20050719.txt
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    NEWS RELEASE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 28, 2005
    Release Number: 05-07-20C

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TWO TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIERS KILLED BY IED

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Two Task Force Baghdad Soldiers were killed when their patrol struck an improvised explosive device at 2 p.m. July 27 in north Baghdad.

One other Soldier was wounded in the attack.

The names of the Soldiers are being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The incident is under investigation.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS RELEASE, CONTACT THE TASK FORCE BAGHDAD PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE AT TASKFORCEBAGHDADPAO@ID3.ARMY.MIL.

http://www.centcom.mil/CENTCOMNews/C...t=20050720.txt
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    NEWS RELEASE

July 28, 2005
    Release Number: 05-07-21C

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ONE TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED, FIVE WOUNDED BY IED

TIKRIT, Iraq One Task Force Liberty Soldier was killed and five were wounded when an improvised explosive device detonated near a combat patrol at about 11:00 a.m. July 27 in Salah Ad Din Province.

The wounded Soldiers were taken to a Coalition Forces medical treatment facility.

The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS RELEASE, CONTACT TASK FORCE LIBERTY AT: fortysecond.id.pao@us.army.mil

http://www.centcom.mil/CENTCOMNews/C...t=20050721.txt
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    NEWS RELEASE

July 28, 2005
    Release Number: 05-07-22C

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SOLDIER DIES FOLLOWING ACCIDENT AT CAMP TAQADDUM

CAMP FALLUJAH, Iraq A Soldier assigned to the 30th Naval Construction Regiment died as the result of a non-hostile vehicle accident July 27 at Camp Taqaddum, Iraq.

The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The incident is currently under investigation.

The 30th Naval Construction Regiment is assigned to II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS RELEASE, CONTACT II MARINE EXPEDITIONARY FORCE PUBLIC AFFAIRS AT: CEPAOWO@cemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

http://www.centcom.mil/CENTCOMNews/C...t=20050722.txt
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    May all 8 above R.I.P. It was a bad day in Iraq.
    Barye
    YOu must be daThomas's big brother
    the Baer
    the Baer
    Once again, from the very post of the thread:
    Again no opinions are to be expressed here, just news articles that support your stance on this dividing issue.
    Commentary goes here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?p=756619

(Hate to say I told you so, NRG...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    LOL...if only it were that simple.
    the stupid thing is, it would have been had better choices in history been done plus we choose to make things difficult all the time..i mean in this day in society we can have the following question "would you like a piece of bread" to "would you like a piece of this glucose starch based product with bacterial yeast add to leven it, cooked in an oven at 325 and cut into slivers of x inches by x inches and n inches thick?"
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    May all 8 above R.I.P. It was a bad day in Iraq.
    I fully agree. The dedication, bravery, compassion, and Sacrifice of our Military Forces should always be remember....and their achievements should always be recognized:

Engineers work to complete repairs at power plant north of Baghdad

http://www.centcom.mil/CENTCOMNews/Stories/07_05/23.htm

A U.S. Army Corps of Engineers repair project at the Qudas electric power generating station 25 kilometers north of Baghdad is 85 per cent complete.

Engineers predict the work will be finished within a month.

Once operational, Qudas could increase the nation's electric production ten per cent. The plant's output capacity is 492 megawatts.

Qudas has eight turbine generators. Four are GE Frame 9 gas turbines and run on crude oil producing 90 megawatts each. The other four are GE LM6000 gas turbines and run on diesel fuel producing 33 megawatts each. One megawatt of electricity is enough to power about 1,000 Iraqi homes.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Gulf Region Central District is overseeing the $2.1 million contract to repair the facility and get the turbines back on line.

Nearly 100 Iraqis work at the $140 million facility.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/28/2005 at 12:58 PM.

Withdrawal to Be Conditions-Based, Coalition Spokesman Says
    By Sgt. Sara Wood, USA
    American Forces Press Service

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jul2...0728_2257.html

WASHINGTON, July 28, 2005 The withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq will be based strictly on security conditions in the country and the readiness of Iraqi forces to conduct independent operations, a Multinational Force Iraq spokesman in Baghdad said today.
    The United States will not withdraw forces until the Iraqi security forces meet conditions to be established by a joint commission, Air Force Brig. Gen. Donald Alston stressed in a news conference.

Army Gen. George W. Casey, commander of Multinational Force Iraq, said July 27 that substantial troop reductions could begin as early as spring or summer if the insurgency is put down and Iraqi forces are ready to handle the security mission.

----------------------

The Iraqi forces continue to make progress toward achieving readiness, Alston said. The Iraqi Army now has eight ground divisions with 29 brigade headquarters and 101 battalions, he said. The army also has a mechanized division with a brigade headquarters and two battalions and three battalions undergoing training, he added.

The training is being conducted in Iraq and Jordan by international and Iraqi trainers, he said. As the Iraqi forces complete training, they join coalition forces in the field, and their presence aids operations significantly, he said.

"The increased numbers and growing capabilities of Iraqi security forces allow us to continue to put constant pressure on the insurgency," he said.
    I don't know if this has been posted yet here. If it has, an article this good deserves a 2nd go around...

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/0..._and_abbe.html

Iraqi, U.S. Soldiers Capture Insurgents; Find Weapons Caches
    American Forces Press Service

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Jul2...0727_2251.html

WASHINGTON, July 27, 2005

........they netted two other men who tested positive for explosive materials.

Soldiers with 2nd Battalion, 4th Brigade, 2nd Iraqi Army Division, and coalition advisers searched the premises and found various uniforms, military documents, former regime propaganda and other handwritten documents, officials said.

In the Baghdad area, Iraqi army soldiers on patrol uncovered two separate improvised explosive device caches July 26.

Elements of the 4th Iraqi Army Division and U.S. Special Forces discovered five 107 mm rockets rigged as improvised explosive devices, two propane tanks also rigged as IEDs, one 120 mm mortar round, and various IED components along a road 30 kilometers southwest of Bayji. An Iraqi explosive ordnance disposal team cleared the site, officials reported.

Elsewhere, Iraqi soldiers found three 152 mm artillery rounds with fuses five kilometers northeast of Dibis. The rounds were transported to a nearby forward operating base.

That same day, Iraqi and coalition soldiers conducted two joint cordon-and-search missions for suspected terrorists, capturing two of their primary targets, U.S. officials reported.

Elements of 1st Brigade, 6th Iraqi Army Division, and 1st and 3rd Battalions 156th U.S. Infantry Regiment detained five suspects, officials said.

U.S. Marines from the Camp Fallujah Regional Detention Facility conduct a detainee handling demonstration aimed to inform Iraqi Police Academy trainees humane detainee handling procedures at the Babel Province Police Academy in Hillah, Iraq on July 12, 2005. USMC

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/