Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    how about this one:

big company tells city it want to build mallm city boots people and builds mall.

NOW BIGGER company says we want to build BIGGER mall, city boots smaller businees and builds bigger mall

does this sound like Democracy to any of you?????
    Quote Originally Posted by pertinax
    I suspect that the 'need' will always favor big business.

There are many of what I call 'Napalm Neighborhoods' which I would like to see go away, but not at the cost of liberty.

Napalm Neighborhood:
    1. A neighborhood that’s property value will increase if the structures on it were burned to the ground.
    2. Land that if cleared of the existing structures would make most people rejoice.

#2 fits Wal-Mart IMO.

Ironically that's probably what some of these peoples' homes will be taken away for. No better reason to get involved in your local gov't and not just vote in presidential elections.
    God bless America my home sweet.. o crap there goes my home!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    When you mention political courts, you seem to neglect mentioning the Florida Supreme Court, which ignored Florida law and set different standards for the recount.
    I didnt know I ignored them when I said:

Im definitely an optimist when it comes to the idea that the courts are political. (i.e. Bush v. Gore comes to mind.) I'd like to think that they are independent bodies but they each have their own politics.
    Now if I just singled out the U.S. Supreme Court, I could understand your comment a little more. In Bush v. Gore, both the Florida Supreme Court and the US Supreme Court were balancing the Equal Protection Clause against the Due Process Clause. The US S.Ct. settled on the Equal Protection Clause. (I think it was a tough call either way. )

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-1437.html
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    how about this one:

big company tells city it want to build mallm city boots people and builds mall.

NOW BIGGER company says we want to build BIGGER mall, city boots smaller businees and builds bigger mall

does this sound like Democracy to any of you?????
    I can see this happening (but more than likely, the smaller company would sell to the larger company first...because they want money.)

The reason why this typically happens in the housing example, is that small businesses and home owners dont care about the money, they care about that particular piece of land due to the fact that it is 'unique'.

Its Democracy with or without your vote. If you want it to be 'your' democracy, get out the vote and make a difference.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

If they took my home, I'd just air drop leaflets of tubgirl.com over and over until finally they would say "To hell with this, I'm stick of getting tubbed" and would go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Now if I just singled out the U.S. Supreme Court, I could understand your comment a little more. In Bush v. Gore, both the Florida Supreme Court and the US Supreme Court were balancing the Equal Protection Clause against the Due Process Clause. The US S.Ct. settled on the Equal Protection Clause. (I think it was a tough call either way. )
    You mentioned Bush v. Gore which was the US Supreme Court case. The Florida case was (I believe) Gore v. Harris, not Bush v. Gore, which would give the appearence that you specifically meant the SCOTUS.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You mentioned Bush v. Gore which was the US Supreme Court case. The Florida case was (I believe) Gore v. Harris, not Bush v. Gore, which would give the appearence that you specifically meant the SCOTUS.
    Fair enough. For the record, I think it went like this:

Bush v. PalmBeach County Canvassing Bd
    Gore v. Harris
    Bush v. Gore

(with lots of hearings in between).

pdf

9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I think this is just a stunt, but if they have the backing it sure would be nice to see a hotel called "Lost Liberty Hotel" setup on each one of the justices that voted for this ruling. Oh the sweet irony.

Mods this is a press release so no need to worry about copyright.

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

Justice Souter's vote in the "Kelo vs. City of New London" decision allows city governments to take land from one private owner and give it to another if the government will generate greater tax revenue or other economic benefits when the land is developed by the new owner.

On Monday June 27, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a request to Chip Meany the code enforcement officer of the Towne of Weare, New Hampshire seeking to start the application process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road. This is the present location of Mr. Souter's home.

Clements, CEO of Freestar Media, LLC, points out that the City of Weare will certainly gain greater tax revenue and economic benefits with a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road than allowing Mr. Souter to own the land.

The proposed development, called "The Lost Liberty Hotel" will feature the "Just Desserts Café" and include a museum, open to the public, featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America. Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged."

Clements indicated that the hotel must be built on this particular piece of land because it is a unique site being the home of someone largely responsible for destroying property rights for all Americans.

"This is not a prank" said Clements, "The Towne of Weare has five people on the Board of Selectmen. If three of them vote to use the power of eminent domain to take this land from Mr. Souter we can begin our hotel development."

Clements' plan is to raise investment capital from wealthy pro-liberty investors and draw up architectural plans. These plans would then be used to raise investment capital for the project. Clements hopes that regular customers of the hotel might include supporters of the Institute For Justice and participants in the Free State Project among others.

Last edited by NRG; 06/28/2005 at 01:04 PM.
    NRG: I love it and fully support it. I hope they bulldoze his home ASAP, and I hope they follow that family for the rest of their lives, impacting their childern and their children's children. I hope they are having to move every 3 months.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    NRG: I love it and fully support it. I hope they bulldoze his home ASAP, and I hope they follow that family for the rest of their lives, impacting their childern and their children's children. I hope they are having to move every 3 months.
    LOL. I bet we could get enough americans to donate to setting up "Lost Liberty Hotels" across the nation. Each Lost Liberty Hotel will have to reside on a former supporters piece of land. It is the american people's way of saying thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    LOL. I bet we could get enough americans to donate to setting up "Lost Liberty Hotels" across the nation. Each Lost Liberty Hotel will have to reside on a former supporters piece of land. It is the american people's way of saying thanks.
    Where's the donation fund.. ..I would support this chain....in fact with all the travelling I do, I would frequent this chain as much as possible as well!
    The condominium complex I live in just got hit with a 20% increase. We are currently protesting it, but maybe I should tell the board to just agree with it in light of recent events. The village would love to tear down the building considering we are in a prime spot for a bigger and better strip mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    The condominium complex I live in just got hit with a 20% increase. We are currently protesting it, but maybe I should tell the board to just agree with it in light of recent events. The village would love to tear down the building considering we are in a prime spot for a bigger and better strip mall.
    If it's a condominium complex and not an apartment, didnt the homeowners association just vote the increase?? If so, I wouldnt say you "got" hit
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Property tax increase. And I don't know why anyone would want to vote for it. The taxes in this little village are insane to begin with.

The proposed development, called "The Lost Liberty Hotel" will feature the "Just Desserts Café" and include a museum, open to the public, featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America. Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged."
    I prefered "The Virtue of Selfishness", but I'll settle for "Atlas Shrugged."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Property tax increase....
    Considered yourself screwed
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I think this is just a stunt, but if they have the backing it sure would be nice to see a hotel called "Lost Liberty Hotel" setup on each one of the justices that voted for this ruling. Oh the sweet irony.

Mods this is a press release so no need to worry about copyright.

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

Justice Souter's vote in the "Kelo vs. City of New London" decision allows city governments to take land from one private owner and give it to another if the government will generate greater tax revenue or other economic benefits when the land is developed by the new owner.

On Monday June 27, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a request to Chip Meany the code enforcement officer of the Towne of Weare, New Hampshire seeking to start the application process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road. This is the present location of Mr. Souter's home.

Clements, CEO of Freestar Media, LLC, points out that the City of Weare will certainly gain greater tax revenue and economic benefits with a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road than allowing Mr. Souter to own the land.

Clements indicated that the hotel must be built on this particular piece of land because it is a unique site being the home of someone largely responsible for destroying property rights for all Americans.

"This is not a prank" said Clements, "The Towne of Weare has five people on the Board of Selectmen. If three of them vote to use the power of eminent domain to take this land from Mr. Souter we can begin our hotel development."

Clements' plan is to raise investment capital from wealthy pro-liberty investors and draw up architectural plans. These plans would then be used to raise investment capital for the project. Clements hopes that regular customers of the hotel might include supporters of the Institute For Justice and participants in the Free State Project among others.

HeHe!! Looks like they got their votes to bring it before the voters!! If anyone is in this area I urge you to attend!!

Source: Yahoo!

Group Tries to Evict Souter From Home

By KATHY McCORMACK, Associated Press Writer1 hour, 18 minutes ago

Angered by a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that sided with a Connecticut city that wanted to seize homes for economic development, a group of activists is trying to get one of the justices who voted for the decision evicted from his own home.

The group, led by a California man, wants Justice David Souter's home seized for the purpose of building an inn called "Lost Liberty Hotel."

They submitted enough petition signatures — only 25 were needed — to bring the matter before voters in March. This weekend, they're descending on Souter's hometown, the central New Hampshire town of Weare, population 8,500, to rally for support.

"This is in the tradition of the Boston Tea Party and the Pine Tree Riot," organizer Logan Darrow Clements said, referring to the riot that took place during the winter of 1771-1772, when colonists in Weare beat up officials appointed by King George III who fined them for logging white pines without approval.
    What I find fascinating in all this is that liberals proclaim to be for the little guy and yet it was liberal justices that voted for this taking and this will be used to push out poor people from their homes. Now that SD OConnor is off the court, I wonder if this will get revisited. I doubt Alito would support this madness.

The latest incident is a church in Oklahoma. Looks like the city may have to forcefully remove the parishoners from this small church. Should be fun to watch that mess.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12