Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Results 141 to 160 of 160
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Up to each of us to decide but I found this interesting as a potential insight to the liberal side of comments from the Average Liberal.
    Hobbes: How did you come to the conclusion that what you were reading was from the "Average Liberal"?<--Or is the Average Liberal the title of something?

    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Again....my only question is, is the status quo of the liberal mind set today?
    Are you asking IF it is set in general or IF it is set TODAY?

    To answer your question (either one of the 2 scenarios), I don't know. Its hard to figure out what liberals consider to be the status quo (and its arguable on the conservative side too.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    In my middle view, I also find that a lot of the liberal statements are more heavy handed than the right's.
    I agree for the most part. I don't know what to attribute it to....MSM and its (at least perceived) slant to the left
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hobbes: How did you come to the conclusion that what you were reading was from the "Average Liberal"?<--Or is the Average Liberal the title of something?
    I didn't come to that conclusion...Since there are a fair share of liberals here, I was simply asking.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Insertion this is a silly comment. You need to realize that there is still Japan, China, Russia, India, and countless other nations that together could do a whole hell of alot.
    I think it was an honest comment. As I said, if not for the US (specifically $$$ and bombs), what would it be? Of the countries you listed, outside of Japan, who would you trust? China? They would like nothing more than to be top dog, and don't think they haven't been plotting this for years now.

    Russia? They can't even handle their own affairs, let alone care about ours.

    India? Too busy with their mini arms race with Pakistan.

    With the exception of the UK, Japan, Australia, Isreal and probably the Hosers from the North, the rest of that gang of fiefdoms and dictatorships could care less about us.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    (On a different note: from what perspective could you judge my comments? Have you ever served our military? If you have, then it might provide a better platform for you to make such ignorant statements. If you havent, then it might be just a little difficult for you to judge what I say from a soldiers point of view )
    Thank you for your service. Ya know what?? My Uncle is career Army and is currently splitting time between Iraq, Afghanistan and Tampa and he always asks laughingly why nobody ever admits to being a cook or truck driver in the service. You sir, are typical of your ilk. Anybody that doesnt seem to agree, makes ignorant statements. A great many of your comments are certainly ill-conceived.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I didn't come to that conclusion...Since there are a fair share of liberals here, I was simply asking.
    Well, then I might be confused If you gave it the title of Average Liberal, then what led you to believe that it represented the average? Is it because you think (I am not sure you would know) that "there are a fair share of liberals here[there in that forum]"?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Thank you for your service. Ya know what?? My Uncle is career Army and is currently splitting time between Iraq, Afghanistan and Tampa and he always asks laughingly why nobody ever admits to being a cook or truck driver in the service.
    I once drove an M1008 to a cook out.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Well, then I might be confused If you gave it the title of Average Liberal, then what led you to believe that it represented the average? Is it because you think (I am not sure you would know) that "there are a fair share of liberals here[there in that forum]"?
    Okay...It was just a simple question, though maybe poorly worded. Let me restate what I meant: I mainly was interested in the opinions of those here of what they thought. There are liberals, middle, and conservatives here. I don't know the shake down of them or where they all fall on the scale. But after seeing at least two examples of this type of open hatred from the liberal side, I wanted to get some of the liberals point of view of these comments.....but since most of the liberals have been uncanny with their silence on a thread that is focused a lot on them, I doubt I will get an answer.
  9. #149  
    Just so there is no confusion, I am not your average Liberal.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #150  
    Its interesting how you respond. I tried to respond to all your comments with alternative points of view in the expectation that you would either agree or disagree and then offer some sort of evidence why. Instead you respond to my comments that I purposely put into parenthesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Thank you for your service.
    (Assuming your sincere...its not always evident...then thank you.) But the thanks is not necessary. I have never met anyone who joined the military to be thanked...they have done it because they love this country and have felt the call of duty.

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Ya know what?? My Uncle is career Army and is currently splitting time between Iraq, Afghanistan and Tampa and he always asks laughingly why nobody ever admits to being a cook or truck driver in the service.
    What does this mean? Do I need to share with you the fact that I was involved in Field Artillery? I am not sure of the relevance...but I will play along.

    Are you bringing your Uncle into this to provide some evidence that you can offer more to your perspective on how my comments have disparaged the military?

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You sir, are typical of your ilk.
    Please identify which ilk. This is a broad statement and not very clear?

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Anybody that doesnt seem to agree, makes ignorant statements.
    How did you come to that conclusion?

    You said:
    Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Many of your comments and those of your **** girl Pelosi disparage the reputation of our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines.
    I replied:
    Please do quote what I have said (Not Pelosi...she doesnt speak for me even though shes from CA) that has disparaged the Armed Forces of America.

    (On a different note: from what perspective could you judge my comments? Have you ever served our military? If you have, then it might provide a better platform for you to make such ignorant statements. If you havent, then it might be just a little difficult for you to judge what I say from a soldiers point of view )
    I asked you to identify which statements I made that disparaged our military. As is typical (at least in our discussions in this thread) you didnt produce any. (Speaking of disparaging...I didnt refer to a member of Congress the way you did...hmm )

    It is an ignorant (not stupid, there is a difference...Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or education) thing to say what you said about my comments and its effect on the military. What I said in response to you seems very fair and balanced. It wasnt a personal attack, just an observation...thats part of the reason why I didnt use the word stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    A great many of your comments are certainly ill-conceived.
    Its interesting that you say that and than never show me how it was ill-conceived. If you could show me, (and assuming I was wrong) then it would give me the opportunity to appologize and revise them...but you dont.

    If you look at my posts to you (as well as Insertion, Advance and Hobbes) I have tried to agree with you where I can. You, on the other hand, want to concede nothing. Thats fine I guess but it doesnt really lead us to any common ground.

    *This is not a personal attack on you. I think I am getting a better understanding of the conservative point of view with reference to Rove's comments and now the UN and Guantanamo.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I once drove an M1008 to a cook out.
    You got to drive...I thought the Rangers humped everywhere
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Okay...It was just a simple question, though maybe poorly worded. Let me restate what I meant: I mainly was interested in the opinions of those here of what they thought. There are liberals, middle, and conservatives here. I don't know the shake down of them or where they all fall on the scale. But after seeing at least two examples of this type of open hatred from the liberal side, I wanted to get some of the liberals point of view of these comments.....but since most of the liberals have been uncanny with their silence on a thread that is focused a lot on them, I doubt I will get an answer.
    Fair enough. I dont consider myself strictly a liberal. I am privately conservative on my social and fiscal issues. That being said...

    There are some political figures that just polarize different groups of people. Examples include: Clinton, De Lay, Cheney, Newt, and others. Although liberals might not agree with VP Cheney, most would agree that he is very articulate and a superb debater and speaker. This probably bothers them more. Cheney rarely gets off track or ruffled in debates and seems very confident (again to the anger of liberals).

    That being said...there really is no excuse to invoke that kind of ill will to another person. I don't think its right and I don't think its representative of liberals (at least not the moderates, maybe the really left wing.) I actually respect him for what he can do and the long public service to our country. If you listen to what and how he says things...its fairly a 'no-nonsense' approach. (which is probably why many people relate to him).

    And I would venture to guess liberals feel the same way (again..probably excluding the very far left.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Just so there is no confusion, I am not your average Liberal.
    LOL...no confusion here.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

    Exactly.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    You got to drive...I thought the Rangers humped everywhere
    Sometimes we go by plane...but a funny thing happens at about 800 feet
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sometimes we go by plane...but a funny thing happens at about 800 feet
    What? They push you out in your truck...LOL
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  17. #157  
    A mod-Liberal friend actually just sent me this link saying that actually agreed with a lot of it. I found it interesting and at the very least agreed that with how ridiculous many news agencies, and certain liberal individuals, and especially news orgs like al-Jazeera have given equal weight to isolated situations in mishandling the Koran to the beheadings of innocent civilians.

    The Politics of American Wars --
    Islamists have proved adept at winning liberal exemption from criticism.

    http://www.nationalreview.com/script...0506240756.asp
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 06/26/2005 at 06:40 PM.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    What? They push you out in your truck...LOL
    No...but I could sling load one to the belly of a 47.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    a funny thing happens at about 800 feet
    Another explanation for that hair!
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Another explanation for that hair!
    And the expression. I believe that was the look I had the first time I ever exited a perfectly good airplane in mid air.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Posting Permissions