Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    This is a thread I have watched. It's always interesting to observed the difference between emotion driven people and reality driven people. The more factual one side gets the more emotion the other responds with.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I totally agree. But you frame it as US against THEM. Do you really believe that every country has either gotten to the point where they like us or hate us? I really wish it were that black and white. In reality, I think its somewhere in between.
    Pardon my intrusion, but isn't it obvious? Aside from the UK, name one Euro country we can count on for anything? The French? The Germans?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Why dont we withdraw from the UN, withdraw every single treaty that we have established and if we dont get what we want from our trading partners, well just go in and invade? You arent worried about PRPRPR $anyway$ $right$?
    That's a good question, why don't we withdraw from the UN? The UN is nothing without American might behind it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    This is a thread I have watched. It's always interesting to observed the difference between emotion driven people and reality driven people. The more factual one side gets the more emotion the other responds with.
    Welcome Back!! Pass the dochie to the left hand side.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's a good question, why don't we withdraw from the UN? The UN is nothing without American might behind it.
    Insertion this is a silly comment. You need to realize that there is still Japan, China, Russia, India, and countless other nations that together could do a whole hell of alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    T2,
    Majority of times it is 'i' before 'e'.
    Agreed. I have never claimed to win a spelling bee

Majority of times liberals are puzzies.
    Well I am glad that you at least acknowledge that some liberals arent 'puzzies' since you have changed it to 'majority'.

Now define puzzies. Are they people who are reluctant to go to war? If that is the standard definition, then you are probably correct. However, it the criteria is that they are willing to stand up to a majority for something they believe in, then I wouldnt consider that a weakness.

Majority of times our soldiers are conservative.
    I have seen polls that indicate this. However, its difficult to poll the military on this issue because if they lean to the liberal side its typically viewed as being unpatriotic (in some wierd way.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Insertion this is a silly comment. You need to realize that there is still Japan, China, Russia, India, and countless other nations that together could do a whole hell of alot.
    I think the Oil-For-Fraud program pretty much shows that the member states of the UN have long forgotten the meaning of the original UN charter
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I think the Oil-For-Fraud program pretty much shows that the member states of the UN have long forgotten the meaning of the original UN charter
    Hmm. So this makes the UN not capable of kicking some *** if need be? Don't undersatnd your logic here?
    Hmm. So this makes the UN not capable of kicking some *** if need be? Don't undersatnd your logic here?
    They certainly seem to have a problem with it.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    They certainly seem to have a problem with it.
    Cite where? Iraq? Cause if this is where you are going, we have already discussed this.
    Oh pul...leez Your whiney rhetoric sounds like it came right from the Nancy Pelosi book on condeming guards and interrogators at Guantanamo.

I think you are looking for us to get "caught" doing something wrong. You want us to be doing something wrong.
    Let me see if I say this any clearer: I dont believe we are doing anything wrong (at least by international law standards) in Guantanamo concerning treatment of detainees. Yeah the Red Cross didnt like them being in squatting positions for long periods but the Red Cross to a large extent are hyper-sensitive.

My concern with Guantanamo is the lack of oversight, lack of due process, and the lack of disclosure.

We are not going to get caught doing anything. I dont understand why you keep insisting that we will. You must know something that I dont because in most of the posts between us, you keep saying things to indicate that we are doing something wrong.

Many of your comments and those of your **** girl Pelosi disparage the reputation of our soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines.
    Please do quote what I have said (Not Pelosi...she doesnt speak for me even though shes from CA) that has disparaged the Armed Forces of America.

(On a different note: from what perspective could you judge my comments? Have you ever served our military? If you have, then it might provide a better platform for you to make such ignorant statements. If you havent, then it might be just a little difficult for you to judge what I say from a soldiers point of view )

You talk in a circle. The US should tell the UN to stuff it.
    Actually, I kind of agree with you. The US should ANSWER the UN's request. Whether it be yes or no, there should be an answer. If its No, then make up some security reason. By not answering, it just gives fodder to the UN and other countries like we are hiding something.

To you, embarassing the US is more important than 380,000 dead in the Sudan.
    How did you come to that ridiculous conclusion? 380,000 people dead is bad. IF I was in charge of the UN I would focus on that. But I am not, you are not, so what can we (as a Nation) do about it? Can we force the UN to do something about it? Maybe, maybe not. But that is unrelated to the UN request to visit Guantanamo. I already mentioned that we might be able to use it to bargain with.

IMHO its more embarrassing that we havent given them an answer to their request (didnt they make it in Jan of this year?)

Where's the EU, the French, the UN or NATO or the Swiss. What about the African Congress.
    Why do you want to point the finger at everyone else (its simply not very responsible.) You are just deflecting from the real issue by doing so (can you not see that?)

Why doesnt anybody seem to care about what's happening there instead of how a prisoner was offended cause somebody "might" have peed on his Koran.
    Again, I don't know why there is not more of a focus in Sudan. The US can only be responsible for what WE do. We can try to influence other countries and organizations but the responsibility for our actions resides solely with us.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Need to get to 1000 posts.
    NRG....I will help you......What is your favorite flavor of Ice Cream?
    Pardon my intrusion,
    Its not an intrusion, its an insertion

but isn't it obvious? Aside from the UK, name one Euro country we can count on for anything? The French? The Germans?
    That may very well be true...but that just adds to my argument that we need to be above board in everything we can (hence allow the visit (or at least give them an answer) and then move on.)

For the most part I agree. I don't like the fact that we (the US) has been footing the bill (in large part) in money and troops for most of the peacekeeping missions throughout the world.

But still, we should set the example and take the high road. If we dont, then it just gives them (the other UN countries) and the world just one more excuse to say things like "Once again the US is flexing its muscles..." IMO we need to reach out to other countries, set the example and show them why its to their best interests to help in the globalization and peace process.

Need to get to 1000 posts.
    You're supposed to start a "Yay Me!!!" thread for that.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You're supposed to start a "Yay Me!!!" thread for that.
    I did http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88682 That other post was just a spring board.
    Up to each of us to decide but I found this interesting as a potential insight to the liberal side of comments from the Average Liberal. Over at www.huffingtonpost.com, posted the news about Cheney checking into the hospital (Link Here) with the option for normal people to comment on it. The comments for liberals were so vendictive and with so many wishes that he would just die that:

Quote Originally Posted by Huffington Post
    Some of the comments posted to the Cheney news story are highly offensive, and we will therefore delete them. While we at the Huffington Post believe that the public has the right to know what the Vice President was at the Vail hospital for, we only wish him the best of health.
    Here are some of the comments before they were deleted:

Hasn't he had his "last throes" of chest pains yet?
    Posted by: Anonymous at June 24, 2005 10:28 PM

I wonder how many regular readers to this pathetic, self-important blog are hoping that Cheney comes out with a sheet over his head...?

Posted by: Eric at June 24, 2005 10:32 PM

His heart is listening to all the lies coming out of his mouth. It can't take much more of this drivel.

Posted by: Fred Colton at June 24, 2005 10:33 PM

I wish the evil zombie would stop leaving his underground bunker. Surely, there's a medical ward where he lurks below the surface, near Washington, D.C.

Posted by: Citizen Milenko at June 24, 2005 10:37 PM

You bet we losers want him dead. And I'm glad to be a loser. If I were a winner, I'd have to be around the kind of assholes who like Bush and Cheney.

Posted by: Medina at June 24, 2005 10:37 PM

"Last throes," does one suppose? Here's hoping.

Posted by: HopingAgainst"Hoffman" at June 24, 2005 10:37 PM

You're all assuming he actually still has a heart. I don't think so.

I think it was replaced by a teflon pump a long time ago. Therefore he can no longer feel any pain.

Posted by: Don P at June 24, 2005 10:42 PM

"I wonder how many regular readers to this pathetic, self-important blog are hoping that Cheney comes out with a sheet over his head...?"

Actually, Eric, I was thinking more along the lines of a stake through his heart.

Posted by: Chuck Feney at June 24, 2005 11:08 PM
    Is this the typical attitude of the average Liberal? Or are comments like these the only the few minority that are Extreme Left?

I peek in the www.democraticunderground.com on a regular occasion, especially the forums. Here is another example of wearing the hate on their sleeves. There are some good posts wishing her well and trying to counter the nasty ones. But, there were a LOT of the posts that were so nasty and with wishes so strong that she die in surgery that even the mods at Democratic Underground (one of the strongest independent Dem / Liberal forums on the net) even had to delete them.

Even after Elizabeth Edwards, Dem that had Breast Cancer, stood up against this unslaught of hate mongering with a really nice post:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...=3549706&page=

It didn't take long to get back to the hate, dish wishes, and deleted posts again.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=3545777

Again....my only question is, is the status quo of the liberal mind set today?
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Up to each of us to decide but I found this interesting as a potential insight to the liberal side of comments from the Average Liberal. Over at www.huffingtonpost.com, posted the news about Cheney checking into the hospital (Link Here) with the option for normal people to comment on it. The comments for liberals were so vendictive and with so many wishes that he would just die that:

Here are some of the comments before they were deleted:

Is this the typical attitude of the average Liberal? Or are comments like these the only the few minority that are Extreme Left?

I peek in the www.democraticunderground.com on a regular occasion, especially the forums. Here is another example of wearing the hate on their sleeves. There are some good posts wishing her well and trying to counter the nasty ones. But, there were a LOT of the posts that were so nasty and with wishes so strong that she die in surgery that even the mods at Democratic Underground (one of the strongest independent Dem / Liberal forums on the net) even had to delete them.

Even after Elizabeth Edwards, Dem that had Breast Cancer, stood up against this unslaught of hate mongering with a really nice post:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...=3549706&page=

It didn't take long to get back to the hate, dish wishes, and deleted posts again.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=3545777

Again....my only question is, is the status quo of the liberal mind set today?
    Don't forget www.freerepublic.com, is www.freerepublic.com representative of the conservative mindset today? I am going to guess you are going to say no. You can wade through there and find some real gems. You can't have one without the other, just face it there are zealots in each group.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    "Hasn't he had his "last throes" of chest pains yet?
    Posted by: Anonymous at June 24, 2005 10:28 PM

I wonder how many regular readers to this pathetic, self-important blog are hoping that Cheney comes out with a sheet over his head...?

Posted by: Eric at June 24, 2005 10:32 PM

His heart is listening to all the lies coming out of his mouth. It can't take much more of this drivel.

Posted by: Fred Colton at June 24, 2005 10:33 PM

I wish the evil zombie would stop leaving his underground bunker. Surely, there's a medical ward where he lurks below the surface, near Washington, D.C.

Posted by: Citizen Milenko at June 24, 2005 10:37 PM

You bet we losers want him dead. And I'm glad to be a loser. If I were a winner, I'd have to be around the kind of assholes who like Bush and Cheney"

the above statements do not give one the idea that the liberal party - if this is indeed their collective attitude ( and I think IT IS) is a party of better character.
    wanting people dead? and these people claim to be BETTER for our country? I thought we were supposed to take the higher ground in all things? where are the lofty ideals and superior character of the liberal party if this is their attitude?
    for all their rhetoric and unrelenting critique of the speeches made by the conservative party, they are, if anything, MUCH WORSE, than those they are trying to condemn.
    there is right and wrong on both sides, but the left, without a doubt has some SERIOUS problems!
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I would think it is typical. You don't even need to use those links. Just ask them their opinions of Ronald Reagan, Dan Quayle, W, GHW...stooopid, idiots...brainless...puppets, or they're hate mongers, and mean spirited i.e. Newt, or DeLay.

The Liberal is always the superior intellectual being, never a mean person. Maxine Waters can get on local television at the birth of the 1992 LA Riots, and lead the "No Justice, No Peace" rant...but that's okay with the Left.

Don't forget www.freerepublic.com, is www.freerepublic.com representative of the conservative mindset today? I am going to guess you are going to say no. You can wade through there and find some real gems. You can't have one without the other, just face it there are zealots in each group.
    I do browse through them as well. And yes, I FULLY agree that there are some gems in there as well. But as I stated before it is a heck of a lot easier to google and forum search comments like these from liberals than from conservatives. In my middle view, I also find that a lot of the liberal statements are more heavy handed than the right's.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast