Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm waiting for it to happen so a sports stadium can get built. From what I understand, it may happen in Washington DC. The research done on the benefits of sports stadiums (stadii?) is extrememly equivocal. I'd be curious to see how they call that "public use."

I've also only heard talk about taking residential property. I wonder if they can take existing businesses in order to replace them with others.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbryon
    I'm waiting for it to happen so a sports stadium can get built. From what I understand, it may happen in Washington DC. The research done on the benefits of sports stadiums (stadii?) is extrememly equivocal. I'd be curious to see how they call that "public use."

I've also only heard talk about taking residential property. I wonder if they can take existing businesses in order to replace them with others.
    All legitimate questions...I also read something about churches being taken! Wow.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

That's why they call things "slippery slopes." It won't take a thinking lawyer long to come up with a way to turn this ruling into justification for some lucrative (I mean public-benefiting) effort
    Shop: fair enough point. I see the arguments on both sides ;-)

It will be interesting to see how the first case gets handled at the appellate level.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

A private developer is trying to get Justice David Souters home through eminent domain. I hope he succeeds. My understanding is he has plenty of town support for the project. How sweet would that be?
    I thought that was a joke. If real, that is hilarious.
    No joke. Just saw the story on CNBC.
    http://secureliberty.org/index.php/2005/06/29/
    Last edited by RICHINMJ; 07/12/2005 at 04:59 PM. Reason: more details
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123