View Poll Results: The Biggest Threat To US Today....

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iran

3 16.67%
  • Iraq

0 0%
  • North Korea

3 16.67%
  • China

6 33.33%
  • Russia

0 0%
  • Syria

0 0%
  • France

3 16.67%
  • Saudi Arabia

1 5.56%
  • Pakistan

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What Country do you feel is the biggest threat (due to military, WMD, Terrorist Support, etc...) to the US today?

What would you do to face that threat if you were President?
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 06/22/2005 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    What would you do to face that threat if you were President?
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    A big bomb (nuclear or dirty) exploding in a major US city.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I am with heberman there is no one country that I am worried about that would directly affect me. It is the dirty bomb or other biological threats I would be worried about.

If I was President and something like that happened I would hunt those persons down and kill them.
    division and propaganda are equally as threatening as foreign countries, IMO.
    The defeatist, "we're the moral equivalent of the terrorists", fifth column that populates our left wing and our media. (Or am I being redundant?)
  7.    #7  
    I fully agree with all the statements here....any domestic attack whether from an nation or organization is a major threat.

I am not trying to paint a picture of all of them against us, but it may become a reality with one or two of the in the near future. In many cases a wrong or misinterpeted step could make all the difference. But there are still some traditional threats that are facing us now as well besides terrorists. Some basic and obvious examples:

North Korea: they have up to 8 nukes with a unconfirmed delivery capabilities to strike any West Coast city, i.e. LA, Seattle, Portland, etc...

Iran: To me, this is one of the scariest threats. Let alone their 15 year secret nuke program, they have the man power and the economy to actually wage a serious war against the US. The fuse is their nuke program.

China: Has been tolerant, but I would not say a supporter of the US. They have both the man power and weapons to be one of the most serious contenders against the US. But I see them as a bigger economic foe, just one recent example as they play with the economy in their favor.

Syria: Obviously terrorist support.

Saudi Arabia: Officially our ally, but also a terrorist supporter. A fine line is being walked here. They have a huge say on the economic stability of our nation.
    I voted for France.

Seriously, short term N. Korea, and only militarily. Long term China, both military and economic.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    outsourcing our technology
    Liberal whack jobs like Durbin...........

Last edited by dlbrummels; 06/22/2005 at 09:15 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

double trouble
    i'll take one
    the refusal of both parties to put aside politics and do what is right. a politician's loyalty should be to the country and its people not to their party and buddies no matter what party it is.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    I have noticed a long term problem. Everybody likes to complain about congressman, you probably have a list of 10 you hate. Ususally those are ten people you are in no position to vote out of office because they are in another state. Everybody enters the polling place hating 10 people but believe their guy who has been there for twenty years is ok. Net result is that everybody keeps voting their guy back in and we have no change in congress. no change in congress means no change in thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Liberal whack jobs like Durbin...........

please.

don't forget to include the FBI report he quoted.
    Hey, Im all for term limits.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I agree with you to a point here, but it just cant be ALL firepower. Otherwise we get into an arms race and we are occupying countries all the time.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast