Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can I prove it? No.
    Can you prove otherwise? No.

The US won't quit. I've seen recent articles that locals are turning in or providing logistical info on where they are. Iraqi's are finally getting pissed on the senseless killings of Iraqis (1,200 since April). The Iraqi people will win this war against these murderers.
    I can tell how this debate will go...and who will say what already....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I can tell how this debate will go...and who will say what already....
    I knew you were going to say that.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Can I prove it? No.

The US won't quit. I've seen recent articles that locals are turning in or providing logistical info on where they are. Iraqi's are finally getting pissed on the senseless killings of Iraqis (1,200 since April). The Iraqi people will win this war against these murderers.
    I really hope we can pull it out in Iraq and I know our men and women of the armed forces will see this through. But I have my reservations about how the war on terrorism is going. The last state department study had said terrorism attacks across the globe have increased by 2 fold or some such insane number. I wouldn't really call 'winning the war on terrorism' or that it is a promising number. What is interesting is this statement from the state department came out after Bush had declared terrorist attacks had declined. What is even more interesting is the white house cancelled this survey when it conflicted with their claims. I feel that with us being in Iraq we are breeding more hatred toward the US and it's policies.

As I said earlier we have to get a stable Iraq and we need to get that population behind there own government. They are also going to have to be more vigilante in their resolve to report anything out of the ordinary. Iraq is not really the main front on terror, at least to me. I feel that Pakistan is a real spot we need to focus on at all costs! Whenever we catch 2-3 #3 guys it always seems to be around the Afghan-Pakistan border or even better yet IN Pakistan. Just my thoughts.
    I feel that Pakistan is a real spot we need to focus on at all costs!
    Great little expose on our "allies" in the War on Terror.
    USA winning the war on terrorism
    Define "winning"...

"The number of serious international terrorist incidents more than tripled last year, according to U.S. government figures, a sharp upswing in deadly attacks that the State Department has decided not to make public in its annual report on terrorism due to Congress this week."

"Iraq has replaced Afghanistan as the training ground for the next generation of "professionalized" terrorists, according to a report released yesterday by the National Intelligence Council, the CIA director's think tank."
    (From the articles quoted by NRG above)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I knew you were going to say that.
    And so far...I am right. Predictable.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Can I prove it? No.

Especially since we won the war on drugs, I don't see why we shouldn't say we're defeating terrorism as a whole...
    Here we go again...round up the usual suspects Insertion.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    If we define 'winning' as having less terrorists (again depends on how you define terrorist), then yeah, were winning!

God Bless America and its troops.

BTW-Insertion, I hope I managed to mess up your prediction some how.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Further reading:

Neo-Conned by Ron Paul

Whose War? by Pat Buchanan
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And so far...I am right. Predictable.
    None the less you are right here with us.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If we define 'winning' as having less terrorists (again depends on how you define terrorist), then yeah, were winning!
    No major embassy bombings lately. No 9/11 repeats. No US Warships being bombed while in port. The Terrorist to a large extent are focusing on Iraq. Good for us to keep them in one region.

God Bless America and its troops.

BTW-Insertion, I hope I managed to mess up your prediction some how.
    Somewhat. You managed to keep it in context with ATM's post. No one can prove one way or the other how it is going, since it is not over. However, the same crowd always seems to look for the negatives. I'm surprised Clulup didn't post the article from a week or two of those two Japanese WWII soldiers found in the Philippines, and claim the War in the Pacific Theatre isn't going so well. Might be recalling you T2, and sending you to Guadalcanal soon.
    Last edited by Insertion; 06/22/2005 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added link to soldier story

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    None the less you are right here with us.
    Of course. I write myself into the script as well.

But as I said, I have no desire for these discussions anymore. People are for the most part firmly set. I may say something from time to time, otherwise I'll just post some silly picture and make an absurd comment to try and calm things down.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    This is a vague title:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88310

Insertion: I think we can determine (at least to a point) whether we are winning or not without the war being over.

You brought up some good examples that show we at least doing some things right, making a dent into terrorism. I think it would be difficult to argue that we haven't based on your examples.

BTW-I am ready to go if they called my number. I doubt they will though (however, if they kicked me 40k for a signing bonus like the Army has proposed...well I might just take a leave of absence from school and go for it.) ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

BTW-I am ready to go if they called my number. I doubt they will though (however, if they kicked me 40k for a signing bonus like the Army has proposed...well I might just take a leave of absence from school and go for it.) ;-)
    I'm right behind you!!! Unfortunately I hit the big 4-Oh last month. That and and a few bad discs will keep me from jumping out of planes with 100lbs of gear.

Insertion...you're 40? You look a lot younger in your avatar!

**groan....I know, I know....
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Insertion...you're 40? You look a lot younger in your avatar!

**groan....I know, I know....
    I'm well preserved!

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast