Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 172
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm surprised Clulup didn't post the article from a week or two of those two Japanese WWII soldiers found in the Philipines, and claim the War in the Pacific Theatre isn't going so well. Might be recalling you T2, and sending you to Guadalcanal soon.
    Wasnt John Wayne in that movie...I think I watched it at like 3am on TMC
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ...and and a few bad discs will keep me from jumping out of planes with 100lbs of gear.
    Go digital
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Go digital
    I have...PS2 with Medal of Honor and Call of Duty!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #24  
    I don't usually get into these off topic discussions here, since I come to this site to discuss the Treo, but let me put it this way, as someone who was closely affected by the September 11 attacks on New York and their aftermath:

    If anyone had said that day, or in the weeks after, that nearly four years later there would not have been another terrorist attack on American soil, who would have believed it? Very few.

    Do you think that is because the terrorists were satsified with what they had done, patted themselves on the back and went back to their caves? No.

    Do you think it is because they don't want to attack us again? Definitely not.

    It is because we have systematically, sometimes knowingly, probably much of the time just by sheer force of effort, strength and determination dramatically decimated their ability to do so. That is winning the war on terror.

    Proving you are succeeding because something didn't happen is tough. But in this case it is the right standard for success. And that has happened because the men and women of our armed forces have brought the bad guys to justice around the world--or have them on the run to the point they are unable to strike. And because here in the U.S.--at the local, state and federal levels--those charged with protecting the homeland have done an exemplary job. And thanks to our allies around the world who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in the war on terror.

    Is it over? No. Will it ever be? Maybe not, who knows. But we are winning. And I hope our determination won't waiver until the threat of terrorism is as close to eradicated as possible.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    I don't usually get into these off topic discussions here, since I come to this site to discuss the Treo, but let me put it this way, as someone who was closely affected by the September 11 attacks on New York and their aftermath:

    If anyone had said that day, or in the weeks after, that nearly four years later there would not have been another terrorist attack on American soil, who would have believed it? Very few.

    Do you think that is because the terrorists were satsified with what they had done, patted themselves on the back and went back to their caves? No.

    Do you think it is because they don't want to attack us again? Definitely not.

    It is because we have systematically, sometimes knowingly, probably much of the time just by sheer force of effort, strength and determination dramatically decimated their ability to do so. That is winning the war on terror.

    Proving you are succeeding because something didn't happen is tough. But in this case it is the right standard for success. And that has happened because the men and women of our armed forces have brought the bad guys to justice around the world--or have them on the run to the point they are unable to strike. And because here in the U.S.--at the local, state and federal levels--those charged with protecting the homeland have done an exemplary job. And thanks to our allies around the world who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in the war on terror.

    Is it over? No. Will it ever be? Maybe not, who knows. But we are winning. And I hope our determination won't waiver until the threat of terrorism is as close to eradicated as possible.
    Nice
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  6.    #26  
    Well put. Like I said, it won't be proved as nothing ever is here on "Off Topic", but I feel we are winning. The scumbags are so desperate, they are killing muslim women and children.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    I don't usually get into these off topic discussions here, since I come to this site to discuss the Treo, but let me put it this way, as someone who was closely affected by the September 11 attacks on New York and their aftermath:

    If anyone had said that day, or in the weeks after, that nearly four years later there would not have been another terrorist attack on American soil, who would have believed it? Very few.

    Do you think that is because the terrorists were satsified with what they had done, patted themselves on the back and went back to their caves? No.

    Do you think it is because they don't want to attack us again? Definitely not.

    It is because we have systematically, sometimes knowingly, probably much of the time just by sheer force of effort, strength and determination dramatically decimated their ability to do so. That is winning the war on terror.

    Proving you are succeeding because something didn't happen is tough. But in this case it is the right standard for success. And that has happened because the men and women of our armed forces have brought the bad guys to justice around the world--or have them on the run to the point they are unable to strike. And because here in the U.S.--at the local, state and federal levels--those charged with protecting the homeland have done an exemplary job. And thanks to our allies around the world who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in the war on terror.

    Is it over? No. Will it ever be? Maybe not, who knows. But we are winning. And I hope our determination won't waiver until the threat of terrorism is as close to eradicated as possible.
  7. #27  
    Three cheers for the Red, White & Blue

    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #28  
    mmmmmm....I love my country!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #29  
    That is what I was trying to say....

    Nicely put!

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    I don't usually get into these off topic discussions here, since I come to this site to discuss the Treo, but let me put it this way, as someone who was closely affected by the September 11 attacks on New York and their aftermath:

    If anyone had said that day, or in the weeks after, that nearly four years later there would not have been another terrorist attack on American soil, who would have believed it? Very few.

    Do you think that is because the terrorists were satsified with what they had done, patted themselves on the back and went back to their caves? No.

    Do you think it is because they don't want to attack us again? Definitely not.

    It is because we have systematically, sometimes knowingly, probably much of the time just by sheer force of effort, strength and determination dramatically decimated their ability to do so. That is winning the war on terror.

    Proving you are succeeding because something didn't happen is tough. But in this case it is the right standard for success. And that has happened because the men and women of our armed forces have brought the bad guys to justice around the world--or have them on the run to the point they are unable to strike. And because here in the U.S.--at the local, state and federal levels--those charged with protecting the homeland have done an exemplary job. And thanks to our allies around the world who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in the war on terror.

    Is it over? No. Will it ever be? Maybe not, who knows. But we are winning. And I hope our determination won't waiver until the threat of terrorism is as close to eradicated as possible.
  10. #30  
    A defeatist, "we're the moral equivalent of the terrorists" left wing and our media
    are the greatest threats. (Forgive the redundancy.)
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    mmmmmm....I love my country!!
    Three cheers for the Red, White and Blue!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But as I said, I have no desire for these discussions anymore.
    I would hope not. Having an open dialogue where each can present his point of view is incredibly powerful. I appreciate your comments (especially when you are being serious).

    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    People are for the most part firmly set.
    That is probably true but I am always open to the possibility that I may be wrong and I relish the opportunity to be challenged and debate other points of view.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I'm right behind you!!! Unfortunately I hit the big 4-Oh last month. That and and a few bad discs will keep me from jumping out of planes with 100lbs of gear.
    That wont stop you from being able to pull a trigger. Oohrah!

    During Desert Storm, I saw a lot of people whose EAS was almost 10 years earlier....who knows
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Three cheers for the Red, White & Blue
    I love ... JAG.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    A defeatist, "we're the moral equivalent of the terrorists" left wing and our media
    are the greatest threats. (Forgive the redundancy.)
    I disagree. Having an alternative point of view will only challenge the pro-war group to make sure we have a plan, we execute our plan and we do it with our troops and Country's best interests ahead of us.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I disagree. Having an alternative point of view will only challenge the pro-war group to make sure we have a plan, we execute our plan and we do it with our troops and Country's best interests ahead of us.
    The "alternative point of view" you're talking about is LYING to further their political agenda and in the process giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

    This is the modern equivalent of Jane Fonda travelling to Hanoi.
  17. #37  
    The terrorist have nothing but time, The US has a short attention span. We tell them everything we plan to do and unfortunately are only successfull in the things that help them. I'm depressed.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    The "alternative point of view" you're talking about is LYING to further their political agenda and in the process giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

    This is the modern equivalent of Jane Fonda travelling to Hanoi.
    Here is the modern day Hanoi Jane....

  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    The "alternative point of view" you're talking about is LYING to further their political agenda
    I have heard this before but it has been on the reasons why we have went to war?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    This is the modern equivalent of Jane Fonda travelling to Hanoi.
    Although it was before my time, I do know that it hurt a lot of Americans overseas...However, it was her right. I dont really respect her but she has to live with her own choices (and evidently she has said that she regrets doing it.)

    link
    Those looking for an all-out apology from Jane Fonda for her actions during the war probably will be disappointed, though it does appear that Fonda acknowledges that her actions were inappropriate and there were better options she could have taken to make her opinions heard.

    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I have heard this before but it has been on the reasons why we have went to war?

    Although it was before my time, I do know that it hurt a lot of Americans overseas...However, it was her right. I dont really respect her but she has to live with her own choices (and evidently she has said that she regrets doing it.)

    link
    Those looking for an all-out apology from Jane Fonda for her actions during the war probably will be disappointed, though it does appear that Fonda acknowledges that her actions were inappropriate and there were better options she could have taken to make her opinions heard.

    We went to war in in Afghanistan to displace the Taliban, which was providing shelter and support to Al Queda. But that wasn't a big enough example.

    We went to war in Iraq in order to fundamentally change the region that spawns Islamic terror. Bush was quite clear on that, as much as the fixated on WMD crowd would have it.

    Take a look at a map. Where is Iraq? Right in the center of the ME. Who ran Iraq? A tin horn dictator. Saddam proved an excellent example that the status quo for the past 30 years or so isn't acceptable. Asad needs to be sleeping with one eye open now, as do the mullahs in Tehran.

    What has happened in the past four years or so? Afghanistan, holds free elections. Libya surrenders TONS of chemical weapons. Free elections in Iraq. Syria withdraws from Lebanon. Iranian students continue to organize. The mix has been changed in a way the Jihadis didn't anticipate. There are challenges yet, and more blood and treasure to be paid. (I've lost two friends in Iraq.)

    But if Bush hadn't acted decisively, they would have been emboldened and things would be much worse. Have we been attacked since 9/11? Do you think that's because they don't want to, or can't?

    What did we do after Khobar Towers, the World Trade Center, the Cole attack? We sent law enforcement officers. What did that get us? 9/11.

    We are in a struggle for cultural survival. It seems many don't understand that. Either we moderate the culture of radical Islamic fundamentalism, or one day they'll smack us with something that will make 9/11 look like a cake walk.

    As far as Jane goes, she could have protested all she wanted here. The second her *** set foot in Hanoi she was a traitor. Had I been in charge then she would have had airplanes to shoot at the day she posed
    Last edited by 1911sforever; 06/22/2005 at 10:46 PM.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions