1.    #1  
    See it. It's great. Warner should officially disown all other Batman movies and start over with this approach. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    See it. It's great. Warner should officially disown all other Batman movies and start over with this approach. Seriously.

Saw it last night...TOTALLY AGREE!!!
    Saw it last night also. It's the best one yet...
    Meh, overall I preferred the first one. I thought BB was quite well done but the one-liners were pretty awful (as one-liners go...) and I really can't stand Katie Holmes and her character.

***SPOILER WARNING***

I was always under the impression that Jack Napier killed Batman's parents. I'm not really a fan of the series, but that's what I always thought to be true...any buffs out there with the right info?

Humans are made up of ~90% water...so when the villians planned to use the microwave weapon, I was totally expecting to see humans evaporate....oh well, damn comic book logic!
    Very good movie.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    Meh, overall I preferred the first one. I thought BB was quite well done but the one-liners were pretty awful (as one-liners go...) and I really can't stand Katie Holmes and her character.

Humans are made up of ~90% water...so when the villians planned to use the microwave weapon, I was totally expecting to see humans evaporate....oh well, damn comic book logic!
    I agree with both points above and was thinking the same thing throughout the movie. Regarding the characters, I didn't think the acting was anything to write home about, but the story telling was great, and that's what carried the movie in the end.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I agree that the movie was good. I thought that overall the movie was kinda slow.

Looking forward to the next one though.
    Yes, Hollywood finally let someone take this character seriously and it shows in the audience reaction. The entire audience applauded this film and I rarely hear people applaude a film at the end unless they're super fans who don't care if a movie is good or bad (the handful of people that started applauding the end of Sith only to stop when they realized the rest of the audience was not joining them but rather wretching).

Firstly, it's just a damn well done script/movie. Tight tight tight. Nothing is wasted. And that's saying a lot for a nearly three hour film which BTW no one I talk to realized it was that long while viewing.

Secondly, it's Batman the way it should be done; SERIOUSLY. No bif bam camp crap! Excellent "START" to The Batman movies.
    On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 6.5. There were parts that were very good and parts I was like "are you kidding" because they were lacking.

While probably more realistic, I did not like the lack of special effects in the beginning and Batman's voice in parts I found irritating. The words left me wanting VAL KILMER! He was probably my favorite Batman actor.

My boys really liked the movie so maybe it's a gender thing. -lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    without a doubt, this was by far the BEST of the batman movies. i was a big fan of the comics, and was very dissapointed with all of the batman movies up until now. it is good to finaly see hollywood start doing their homework instead of putting out crap comic movies like that slap in the face known as daredevil.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    By far the BEST Batman film ever! I learned a lot about how Batman came to be and how it all happened. Who needs special fx, a good story is what makes a movie good and this was a good story. Actually when you think about it this movie did have a lot of sfx, they just didn't over do it.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv

***SPOILER WARNING***

I was always under the impression that Jack Napier killed Batman's parents. I'm not really a fan of the series, but that's what I always thought to be true...any buffs out there with the right info?

I was wondering about the water thing too..

Anyway, Chill killed Wayne's parents. Don't follow what movies have twisted around.

And I hear you about Batman '89- Burton brought some gothic charm into it. I liked Nicholson, but I think he overdid it, and set the precedent for other larger-than-life type actors to just show up in the following movies and act like themselves (see: Arnold, Carrey, Tommy Lee Jones) rather than character act and embrace the story. With Batman Begins, we have something more gritty, story driven and less Burton-esque goth fairy tale. It was getting a little too silly like television Batman with the sequel movies. So- I think some of the script/dialogue was unimpressive, but as a whole, best Batman interpretation yet def. goes to Batman Begins.
    Doh! I haven't seen it yet, but dying to see it. I was trying not to read any 'spoilers'. I'm a big Batman (comic book) fan and was disappointed in the last few movies. IMHO (remember I didn't see the 'Begins' yet) the first one was the best.

btw, anyone see it in an IMAX theater? I've been holding out and waiting to see it there.
    You mean none of you guys thought that George Clooney was a good Batman?
  15.    #15  
    I'd repressed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. It was great, a lot better then the other ones!
    I fell the same way, start over! They may with the great reviews and the joker card at the end, you never know..
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. It was great, a lot better then the other ones!
    I fell the same way, start over! They may with the great reviews and the joker card at the end, you never know..
    Going to see it tonight!

You guys got me all excited now...
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    You mean none of you guys thought that George Clooney was a good Batman?

Boy wasn't that a casting disaster huh?

Anyway, I agree Batman begins was an awesome move. IMO, I think it may have been the best batman movie period, but I still think Micheal Keaton was the best 'Batman' though. Christian Bale is perhaps the best Bruce Wayne in contrast...

Anyway as a sidebar, CINDERELLA MAN was also a very very good movie! I hightly recomend seeing that movie too!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Just saw it in IMAX, wow... Good story, good acting and seeing it in IMAX makes the action scenes so much better. To see if your IMAX is showing it, click here:

http://www.imax.com/ImaxWeb/filmDeta...code__.__48435

I'll try not to spoil anything, but I particularly liked how they showed the 'Begins' part. Very interesting as a Batman fan. I don't really remember if they cover that particular background information in the comic books, but I haven't really read ALL the comics or books on Batman. Kudos to Christian Bale, but his supporting cast's performance is great also.
    This movie finally got Batman right. With the exception of Katie Holmes, all the actors were excellent. If you're a fan of the comic and not the camp, you will love this movie. I especially liked the guy who played Scarecrow and how they tied him to Arkham Asylum. And Christian Bale gives us a definitive version of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the same way Christopher Reeves did for Superman.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.