View Poll Results: Is Bill truthful?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he is a stand up guy and would never lead me astray!

6 17.14%
  • The guy is full of S***

29 82.86%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The topic should read "Bill O'Reilly Opinion" and not Truth or Fiction.

Good thing about having your own show.. you are allowed to have your own opinion.
    I would rather look like butthead than beavis!

Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Crossfire on CNN seems to get the 2 sides out there (plus you get to see the 2 hosts rip each other up).

Claire: off course Matthews talks over people (not unlike other hosts). If he didn't, the guests would never answer the tough questions ;-)

I agree with you about Matthews- he asks tougher questions and does raise his voice, but it's generally to maintain order on his show and get his guests to speak one at a time and not talk over one another.

CNN's "Crossfire" is political theater. No conclusions/concessions ever seem to happen, despite one side occasionally coming with a greater burden of proof than the other (amid all the grandstanding, of course). I can't tell if shows like this are mere entertainment, if it further perpetuates the scourge of divisiveness, or both...
    Quote Originally Posted by atnight
    No conclusions/concessions ever seem to happen, despite one side occasionally coming with a greater burden of proof than the other (amid all the grandstanding, of course)...
    Sounds like the description of every political thread right here in OT at TC.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Sounds like any "political" based news/opinion/current events show on TV. All they want is ratings so they sensationalize the programs. I don't even think half of them belief what they are saying as long as they don't get the axe for the next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Sounds like the description of every political thread right here in OT at TC.

oh, right on, and i think that sort of emulation/manifestation on this and many message boards is sad. The heavily spun, polarizing one-liners that don't contribute to anything but the ire of the political threads really do spoil it for people trying to encourage discourse or make a point. It's odd to me how people don't want to try and learn from one another. Political situations aren't all depending on where you sit. There is still some right or wrong.

btw, nice avatar, woof.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Sounds like any "political" based news/opinion/current events show on TV. All they want is ratings so they sensationalize the programs.
    People are so SHEEPISH that they believe this mess! That's the sad part. People are either too lazy or too dumb to think for themselves. Which is it?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Now, if you want to have fun turn to CNN Headline News and watch Nancy Grace for 5 minutes some night then every one else including Uncle Bill looks like a saint compared to that witch. In fact Sean Hannity looks like a good guy compared to her.
    You are 100% correct, this women is 'One Wicked Witch!!'
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    He talks so condescending, it is unbearable. I was watching him during the Rebublican National Convention and he actually said he wasn't sure who he was going to vote for! The conservatism doens't bother me, it is his personality. So much that I don't watch him at all. I thought it was so ironic when he was trying to push his children's book and that story came out. He could of easily paid her off, but instead he let it blow up so he became a national laughing stock and ended up waiting a few weeks damaged and then paid her off. However, he must be doing something right (other than hitting on employees), his program consistently leads all cable news program ratings.
    Colmes looks like a cricket to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    She is entertaining. Her background is a prosecutor and she says it like it is. I have no idea of her political affiliation, but she's right on with opinion on what should happen to rapists, child molesters and the ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Now, ifyou want to have fun turn to CNN Headline News and watchNancy Grace for 5 minutes some night then every one else including Uncle Bill looks like a saint compared to that witch. In fact Sean Hannity looks like a good guy compared to her.
    Here's a link to the Alan Colmes vs Jiminy Cricket comparison...

Alan aka Jiminy Cricket???
    I like how he says that he's not a Democrat or Republican, but that he's a "Libertarian".
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    she's right on with opinion on what should happen to child molesters.
    Like Mike?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Like Mike?
    She absolutely had an opinion about that!
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    I also think that Bill O'Reilly does a pretty good job of being an equal opportunity "basher". Sometimes he leans a little to the right, but then he swings to the left.
    I'd love to see some examples of him swinging to the left.....
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I'd love to see some examples of him swinging to the left.....
    iBug said "to the left". Not to the left edge of reason or to the ultra whacko left where most of your posts seem to come from. No offense nudist, but any example would probably still be too far right for your taste. Thats just my opinion based on the stuff you post here. You dont seem to be willing to see anything right of you view, so I wonder what would be the point.

I listen to bill's radio show now and then and I have heard him criticize the current administration on numerous occasions. I have heard him say he doesn't think the decision to go to Iraq was handled properly as an example.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    He must stay neutral because he's not "Republican", he's a "Libertarian!!"
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Those darn Librarians!...Isnt Laura Bush a librarian??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast