View Poll Results: Is Bill truthful?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he is a stand up guy and would never lead me astray!

    6 17.14%
  • The guy is full of S***

    29 82.86%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I don't think anyone is really getting "wound up" about him. Some of us just think it's hilarious that some seem to think that what he says is gold. When in fact if you watch the show, if what a guest has to say does not agree with him he is quick to interupt and not let them finish. Granted, I have watched several shows and thought his side of the story is what I also agree with. But, as far as "Fair and Balanced", I don't think so.
    What??? You think Chris Matthews is better??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2. #22  
    I like Chris Matthews...Neil Cavuto is who bugs me. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    What??? You think Chris Matthews is better??
    If there in front of a camera these days, I don't pay too much attention to what they have to say. It's too much about sensationalizing the events and not enough about the actual news that people need to know.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I like Chris Matthews...
    Talk about somebody that screams over his guests. I guess he is fine if you just want one side of the issue...his
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Talk about somebody that screams over his guests. I guess he is fine if you just want one side of the issue...his
    Can anyone name one show that "truly" shows both sides of an issue. That would be too much effort.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    If there in front of a camera these days, I don't pay too much attention to what they have to say. It's too much about sensationalizing the events and not enough about the actual news that people need to know.
    They're opinion shows. They are not newscasters. For that matter, many newscasts can be viewed as opinion pieces as well... *cough Dan Rather cough*

    (turns head to Left, as per Dearest Claire's request)
    Last edited by Insertion; 06/19/2005 at 05:24 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    *cough Dan Rather cough*
    Turn your head when you cough
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8. #28  
    Crossfire on CNN seems to get the 2 sides out there (plus you get to see the 2 hosts rip each other up).

    Claire: off course Matthews talks over people (not unlike other hosts). If he didn't, the guests would never answer the tough questions ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    ... But, as far as "Fair and Balanced", I don't think so.
    That is the networks "News" slogan.
    OReilly is an opinion show, not a news show.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Can anyone name one show that "truly" shows both sides of an issue. That would be too much effort.

    There aren't alot.

    I think Hannity & Colmes on Fox does a fairly decent job of getting both sides out.
    I also think that Bill O'Reilly does a pretty good job of being an equal opportunity "basher". Sometimes he leans a little to the right, but then he swings to the left. If you watch, you will see that his viewers are from both sides of the aisle and both say that he favors the other.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    That is the networks "News" slogan.
    OReilly is an opinion show, not a news show.
    Yeah, but if you listen, he throws that out there from time to time.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    There aren't alot.

    I think Hannity & Colmes on Fox does a fairly decent job of getting both sides out.
    I also think that Bill O'Reilly does a pretty good job of being an equal opportunity "basher". Sometimes he leans a little to the right, but then he swings to the left. If you watch, you will see that his viewers are from both sides of the aisle and both say that he favors the other.
    I do have to agree that he does bash both ways from time to time. He is good at bashing. Like I said earlier there have been shows I have watched that I do agree with him. In fact, there are quite a few that I do agree. But, I don't know if I could ever be persuaded by the opposition since he won't give them a chance to finish there statements. I have to say though he does provide good laughs for a "news opinion" show.
  13. #33  
    Heberman, who gave you permission to tell me what I have to think about Bill O'Reily? I do live in America where freedom still rings. Maybe you don't agree with that philosophy. I simply said I want to slap him up the side of the head, not that I was going to do that. And for good reason for him having committed some very seerious acts of sexual harrassment. Maybe you think that is ok for him to do those things also?
  14. #34  
    Gharrod, SHUT-UP already, he's the all american phone sex loofa boy, ya GOTTA love him!
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 06/19/2005 at 07:27 PM.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    And for good reason for him having committed some very seerious acts of sexual harrassment. Maybe you think that is ok for him to do those things also?
    If it's okay for my former President, it's good enough for everyone else to do.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If it's okay for my former President, it's good enough for everyone else to do.
    I would like to keep my standards a little higher than just the Presidents
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  17. #37  
    O'Reilly is a true POS.
  18. #38  
    Making Howard Dean the bowl??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  19. #39  
    O'Reilly disrespects and bullies the guests that appear on his show and regularly judges (backstabs) people in the news that differ with his philosphy. He uses his show as pulpit as opposed to a venue to examine different sides of the issue.

    Hannity is a hotheaded GOP pundit thug, but it's TV and he looks like the boy next door. That's why they planted Colmes on the show to represent Democrats. He's quirky looking and is easily talked over. It's all about visual perception and not even close to being about showing different points of view.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by atnight
    That's why they planted Colmes on the show to represent Democrats. He's quirky looking and is easily talked over. It's all about visual perception and not even close to being about showing different points of view.
    I never thought about that (at least not conciously). Wierd...now I might look at the show differently
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions