Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Again we have a thread closed with no notice whatsoever. No warnings nothing.

My guess is it was closed because someone, who doesn't seem to want his name in print unless he puts it there himself, continually complained about a certain breed of dog after a pic was posted of said breed, and all the responses telling this person to go away.

Why oh why was this person not warned about going off topic again and again as so many others often are? Why was the person not told to go else where by those in power? The threadcrapping was clearly ruining the tone of the thread. I know this thread was brought to the attention of the mods, so I realy dont want to hear "we can monitor everything".

One person was ruining a very nice thread and yet everyone is being punished.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    What has happened to TC? This is just ridiculous. A harmless thread gets closed because one jerk has an axe to grind. And it didn't even get out of hand. This is a classic over-reaction by the mods, IMHO.

Now I'll probably get banned for questioning the judgement of the mods...what a fun place this has turned into.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Looks like we started similar threads at the same time...

I agree with you 100%. How lame can this place get?
    - Albert Einstein
  4.    #4  
    I beat you to it by 4 minutes.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87258

Your absolutely right. Overreaction.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  5.    #5  
    oooh I bet our threads get merged.

Lame. good choice.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Ha! We're posting to each other's threads at the same time....that's gotta be a violation...we're gonna get banned!!!
    - Albert Einstein
    this was two threads. I started this one and he started a

"dutchtrumpet's official doghater's club thread"
    this was two threads. I started this one and he started a

"dutchtrumpet's official doghater's club thread"
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    This is a classic over-reaction by the mods, IMHO.
    I didn't close it so I can't say why it was closed. I can't tell who closed it either (and I don't have time to research it right now). I think the main thread could have remained open but I won't re-open it until I hear their reasons. Maybe they'll re-open before I get back to check...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  10.    #12  
    calm down dutch, you're double posting.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    calm down dutch, you're double posting.
    Nope...that was once in each thread.
  12.    #14  
    oh so we got merged without even a merge notice? Man some people are getting lazy!!
    — Ed Howdershelt
    oh so we got merged without even a merge notice? Man some people are getting lazy!!
    Ha...must be hard to post notices when you're busy closing innocuous threads....time management at it's best!
    - Albert Einstein
    Not to mention that both threads should have been/should be in the Treocentral.com forum and not in Off Topic....

Apart from that, I was the last to post in the pet thread, so maybe I was the culprit?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    clulup...it was your french bashing that got it closed
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    BTW...my dogs origin is Washington State...not france. And her people were from Spain
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    clulup...it was your french bashing that got it closed
    So you admit that you have a FRENCH dog and actually like it/him/her?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    BTW...my dogs origin is Washington State...not france. And her people were from Spain
    From the "Great Pyrenees Club of America":
    These dogs take their name from the mountain range in southwestern Europe where they long have been used as guardians of the flocks. ... In their native France, they are Le Chien de Montagne des Pyrenees or Le Chien des Pyrenees. ...

In 1407, French writings tell of the usefulness of these "Great Dogs of the Mountains" as guardians of the Chateau of Lourdes. In 1675, they were adopted as the Royal Dog of France by the Dauphin in the court of King Louis XIV, and subsequently became much sought after by nobility.

Clairegrrl likes a French dog, Clairgrrl likes a French dog!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast