Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Cute answer, but not the one I am looking for. Lest I remind you of Old **** telling a Senator to "Go F--- yourself" in the Senate no less, where is the outrage on this? Or the time he called a reporter an a**hole, where is the outrage? Or the lies about "the Iraq-al Queda connection is well documented", where is the ourage. There is a bumper sticker that says "I will hug your elephant if you kiss my ***". Stop with the sensitivity crap, where is the outrage when the repubs call the Dems the party of death, Pro-Abortion, anti-religous, tree huggerws, hippies, etc., etc. I don't hear the you folks getting all bent out of shape when repubs make these remarks.
    Ho Hum. There is no outrage because you guys say the same stuff over and over, like some mantra, that it loses all meaning. Dean will either implode, or explode, either way they still need someone that can bring in the big money from the corporations, and dean aint the guy.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Cute answer, but not the one I am looking for. Lest I remind you of Old **** telling a Senator to "Go F--- yourself" in the Senate no less, where is the outrage on this? Or the time he called a reporter an a**hole, where is the outrage? Or the lies about "the Iraq-al Queda connection is well documented", where is the ourage. There is a bumper sticker that says "I will hug your elephant if you kiss my ***". Stop with the sensitivity crap, where is the outrage when the repubs call the Dems the party of death, Pro-Abortion, anti-religous, tree huggerws, hippies, etc., etc. I don't hear the you folks getting all bent out of shape when repubs make these remarks.
    I am no happier about stupid statements from Cheney.......the discussion here is Dean is the Dem party spokesperson, shouldn't you expect better from someone who's supposed to lead you to the promised land?
    The republicans simply don't like it when someone fights back. That is the real crux of the matter in the dislike of Dean. The GOP was hoping that we would have some wishy-washy, lets all be friends, type of democratic party chairman that they could mercilessly pummel. Too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I think that the republicans don't like it when someone fights back.
    And the Dems do? Come on, the Left is just as bad.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The republicans simply don't like it when someone fights back. That is the real crux of the matter in the dislike of Dean. The GOP was hoping that we would have some wishy-washy, lets all be friends, type of democratic party chairman that they could mercilessly pummel. Too bad.
    Matters not to me. As an outside observer, my comments are associated more with surprise than concern....
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I am no happier about stupid statements from Cheney.......the discussion here is Dean is the Dem party spokesperson, shouldn't you expect better from someone who's supposed to lead you to the promised land?
    Shouldn't we be expecting the same from the VP?
    Shouldn't we be expecting the same from the VP?
    You've grown adept at trying to deflect the criticism of you guy, hiding something are you?
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Ho Hum. There is no outrage because you guys say the same stuff over and over, like some mantra, that it loses all meaning. Dean will either implode, or explode, either way they still need someone that can bring in the big money from the corporations, and dean aint the guy.
    I don't know where you get your facts from Claire but they suck. He was not brought into raise money from corps. he was brought in to raise money from grassroots. And another thing Dean has raised more money in an off year than any DNC chair in history! You really should research a little bit better before you make such statemnets.

Forgot to add link: Dean raises more money than any other DNC chair in history.
    Last edited by NRG; 06/13/2005 at 03:18 PM.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    You've grown adept at trying to deflect the criticism of you guy, hiding something are you?
    Nope just trying to point out the hypocrisy of it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And the Dems do? Come on, the Left is just as bad.
    Dean is an order of magnitude better at fighting back than Kerry or Donawho? and the GOP knows it.
    Dean is an order of magnitude better at fighting back than Kerry or Donawho? and the GOP knows it.
    Maybe...outside of VA though, who ever heard of him (mainstream, not hardcore politico's), before he was annointed Next Great President, and his subsequent flame out about a week later.

You guys need a message. The last election was mostly "I'm not GW Bush." Well, neither am I, and I had about as much chance to win on that platform as Kerry.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Maybe...outside of VA though, who ever heard of him (mainstream, not hardcore politico's), before he was annointed Next Great President, and his subsequent flame out about a week later.

You guys need a message. The last election was mostly "I'm not GW Bush." Well, neither am I, and I had about as much chance to win on that platform as Kerry.
    Last election it was a bunch of negative politics not much more. A donkey and an elephant playing lets kick each other and guess who won - the bigger kicker.
    I don't know where you get your facts from Claire but they suck. He was not brought into raise money from corps. he was brought in to raise money from grassroots. And another thing Dean has raised more money in an off year than any DNC chair in history! You really should research a little bit better before you make such statemnets.

Forgot to add link: Dean raises more money than any other DNC chair in history.
    What you fail to seem to understand is that Republicans run their party like a business. Howard Dean has gotten himself involved with the grassroots and seems to be ineffective with so called party factions and political insiders.

I will also restate the fact that the Clinton's hate him and that will be enuff to seal his fate.
    Last election it was a bunch of negative politics not much more. A donkey and an elephant playing lets kick each other and guess who won - the bigger kicker.
    True, but it's been that way forever. We've had elections in the 1700's and 1800's where candidates have been accused of being Mulattos, (heaven forbid!) and Satanists. It was probably more personal back in those days than it is now.

But anymore it's become more an issue of how much the other cat sucks instead of "this is my platform, and here is why you should vote for me..."

On this we can agree.
    Hipocrisy begins at home
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What you fail to seem to understand is that Republicans run their party like a business. Howard Dean has gotten himself involved with the grassroots and seems to be ineffective with so called party factions and political insiders.

I will also restate the fact that the Clinton's hate him and that will be enuff to seal his fate.
    What you fail to see is that your comments were a load of bull.
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hipocrisy begins at home
    Ooohhh, good one.
  19.    #139  

Why do you think the Clinton's have any control over the DNC Chair?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Why do you think the Clinton's have any control over the DNC Chair?
    It's the control they will have over the party as we move closer to the election.