Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 225
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    It is an insult only if you take it that way. It is a statement that points out facts. Like cell said earlier if you take it as an insult then you must be embarassed to be in the "White Christian Party"
    So, if I call someone an a-hole (btw, not calling you that), it's only an insult if they take it that way regardless of whether my intent was to insult them? That's interesting logic...
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    So, if I call someone an a-hole (btw, not calling you that), it's only an insult if they take it that way regardless of whether my intent was to insult them? That's interesting logic...
    No, it doesn't work that way. A**hole is a condescending remark to begin with. A**hole is an opinion, while the "White Christian" remark is factually correct.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    No, it doesn't work that way. A**hole is a condescending remark to begin with. A**hole is an opinion, while the "White Christian" remark is factually correct.
    and knowing Dean's make-up, I'm sure all he was trying to do was make a factual statement............... in my book intent has a much bigger impact than the words themselves.
  4. #104  
    this is a board about TREO's-not politics. Quit already!!!!
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    this is a board about TREO's-not politics. Quit already!!!!
    Shaddup newb. This is the "Off Topic" section.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    this is a board about TREO's-not politics. Quit already!!!!
    Actually if you look closer to the board this is being posted on you will see the letters arranged in such a fashion to spell out "Off-Topic". It means just that "Off-Topic" or more to the point NOT ABOUT TREOS. If we were posting in any other forum section then you might have a complaint, but you don't, so, BEAT IT.
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Shaddup newb. This is the "Off Topic" section.
    LOL, a little more pointed than my response, short but to the point.
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    and knowing Dean's make-up, I'm sure all he was trying to do was make a factual statement............... in my book intent has a much bigger impact than the words themselves.
    What is Dean's make-up, can you tell us please?
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Shaddup newb. This is the "Off Topic" section.
    ROFLMAO
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What is Dean's make-up, can you tell us please?
    You don't know - and you're for him, maybe a little reading would help you see the light
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    You don't know - and you're for him, maybe a little reading would help you see the light
    You seem to know so I wanted to hear from you.
  12.    #112  
    Deans makeup is CEO of the DNC. His job is to raise money and formulate strategies for upcoming elections on a local level. Those were his strengths in the 2004 election and why he was chosen to be Chair of the DNC.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You seem to know so I wanted to hear from you.
    I'll just give you a few adjectives and phrases that IMO fit:

    The Good:
    passionate
    driven
    self-promoter

    The Bad

    condescending
    disrespectful
    poor people skills
    speak before you think
    abrasive
    polarizing
    hypocritical
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I'll just give you a few adjectives and phrases that IMO fit:

    The Good:
    passionate
    driven
    self-promoter

    The Bad

    condescending
    disrespectful
    poor people skills
    speak before you think
    abrasive
    polarizing
    hypocritical
    So what does this make **** Cheney?
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    So what does this make **** Cheney?
    Vice President
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    So what does this make **** Cheney?
    I wasn't aware he was the topic of this thread.......but I suppose a fair bit of my previous post could apply to him as well. The difference between you and I though in that regard is I can see it and accept it whereas you choose not to.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Vice President
    You slay me sometimes....LOL
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Vice President
    Vice only in name.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Vice only in name.
    Halliburton...Halliburton...Halliburton
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  20. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Vice President
    Cute answer, but not the one I am looking for. Lest I remind you of Old **** telling a Senator to "Go F--- yourself" in the Senate no less, where is the outrage on this? Or the time he called a reporter an a**hole, where is the outrage? Or the lies about "the Iraq-al Queda connection is well documented", where is the ourage. There is a bumper sticker that says "I will hug your elephant if you kiss my ***". Stop with the sensitivity crap, where is the outrage when the repubs call the Dems the party of death, Pro-Abortion, anti-religous, tree huggers, hippies, etc., etc. I don't hear you folks getting all bent out of shape when repubs make these remarks.
    Last edited by NRG; 06/13/2005 at 02:52 PM.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions