Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    It is interesting how the opponents of the democratic party feel compelled to give helpful advice about Dean. I mean if Cheney just did not say anything, it would "help" his party, wouldn't it? Such good sports they are.

"I think Howard Dean's over the top. I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does," Cheney told Fox News Channel.

"So far, I think he's probably helped us more than he has them. That's not the kind of individual you want to have representing your political party," Cheney said.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...cs_cheney_dc_3
    I love listening to the opposition, especially that wack job quack Randi Rhodes. (talk about someone who won't 'move on'.)

At any rate, after the election all of them basically said that in order to win the next time around, their goal should be to unite America more.
    If Dean's comment about the Reps being a 'White Christian party' was meant to unite Dems, then this truly is entertainment. Talk about driving a political wedge thru America.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    I love listening to the opposition, especially that wack job quack Randi Rhodes. (talk about someone who won't 'move on'.)

At any rate, after the election all of them basically said that in order to win the next time around, their goal should be to unite America more.
    If Dean's comment about the Reps being a 'White Christian party' was meant to unite Dems, then this truly is entertainment. Talk about driving a political wedge thru America.
    Actually, Dean's comments are technically correct that the Repubs are a white christian party. The stats say 82% of Republican voters are "Christian" and the make up of the elected officials of the repubs is 99% white. True the comments are devisive but they are correct.
    Last edited by NRG; 06/13/2005 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    The stats say 82% of Republican voters are "Christian" ...
    Do you happen to have the stats on the % of "Christians" that the Ds represent??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Do you happen to have the stats on the % of "Christians" that the Ds represent??
    Looks like it's considered to be around 57%

http://www.perspectives.com/forums/forum4/45944.html
    Since it appears that identifying oneself as a "Christian" in a political context is bad, more then half the peeps in the democrat party are bad. They should identify themselves as "non-affiliated"
    "the republicans are mostly a white Christian party" is an accurate statement, but I do not see it as bad. I guess republicans do? Well, if that is the case and you guys just don't like it when this is brought up, I guess we need to be more "politically correct" and "sensitive" when we talk about Christianity and being caucasian around republicans from now on.
    Wrong or right, good or bad, my point about his comment only further drives a wedge between the dems and the reps, not unite them, which was their (the dems) plan after the election.
    BTW, what's that make Howard Dean? a white ________?
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    "the republicans are mostly a white Christian party" is an accurate statement, but I do not see it as bad. I guess republicans do? Well, if that is the case and you guys just don't like it when this is brought up, I guess we need to be more "politically correct" and "sensitive" when we talk about Christianity and being caucasian around republicans from now on.
    I would also say that the Ds are "mostly white christians" also at 57% so what ever connotation dean was trying to make seems to fall flat.

It looks like that guy's posts have been deleted so I cant refer back to them
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Wrong or right, good or bad, my point about his comment only further drives a wedge between the dems and the reps, not unite them, which was their (the dems) plan after the election.
    BTW, what's that make Howard Dean? a white ________?
    I think it drives a wedge only if you guys are embarrassed that you are a mostly white Christian party.

If you are proud of it, you could wear it as a badge of honor. You could say, yes we are mostly white and mostly Christian, much more so than the Democrats are, and we are proud of it. Whats wrong with that?

But at any rate I now know we need to be politically correct around you guys, I will try to be more sensitive, obviously I do not want your feelings hurt.

Maybe I should go to republican sensitivity training class, that way I can know what are the best words to say to you guys.

OK, I am having too much fun with this, I will quit.
    come on now cell, you know Dean meant the comments to be derogatory....
    WASHINGTON, DC --- Howard Dean alerted Democratic Party leaders that it is time to start talking about the moral values behind their liberal beliefs.

"The truth is we're Democrats because of our moral values," said Dean. "We need to focus on the morality behind having sex outside of marriage in the White House, killing unborn children without government interference, creating life in order to destroy it for medical purposes, euthanizing the old and the infirm so they are not a burden to us, teaching oral sex and the values of homosexuality to our elementary school children, creating a welfare state that imprisons people to be reliant on the government forever, keeping religion out of anything that could be in a public forum, praising the desecration of Christian symbols for free speech, and allowing millions of people to continue to be tortured, raped and murdered by a dictator. Moral values. That's what this country needs to hear from the Democrats."

Dean admitted that he was initially having a difficult time getting Democrats to understand what he meant.

Whatever Article
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    come on now cell, you know Dean meant the comments to be derogatory....
    If Fox news says its an insult, I guess I would have to take their word for it, they're the experts on this type of thing.
    If Fox news says its an insult, I guess I would have to take their word for it, they're the experts on this type of thing.
    I think the response by Repubs is, now wait this is convoluted, they are insulted that Dean said it to be an insult...
  15.    #95  
    I think the response by Repubs is, now wait this is convoluted, they are insulted that Dean said it to be an insult...
    Dean is rightfully pointing out that the Repubs are a party whose platform is based largely on the religious right. Do I have to remind people of the Terry Schiavo debacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Dean is rightfully pointing out that the Repubs are a party whose platform is based largely on the religious right. Do I have to remind people of the Terry Schiavo debacle.
    Republicans and Democrats have parties with a majority of people who are religious. You appear to be part of the minority.

Going to church, believing in God, not wanting people murdered and aborted are beliefs, not crimes.

Terry Schiavo case was a debacle on how it was played out. Ridiculous that the anti-religious left murdered her.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Republicans and Democrats have parties with a majority of people who are religious. You appear to be part of the minority.

Going to church, believing in God, not wanting people murdered and aborted are beliefs, not crimes.

Terry Schiavo case was a debacle on how it was played out. Ridiculous that the anti-religious left murdered her.
    Where have you been Advance? I haven't seen you around in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Really, in reviewing the actual platform, I don't find this to be true at all, that is unless you're reading "religion" into the platform?
    http://www.gop.com/media/2004platform.pdf
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    So how is that kool-aid?
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It is an insult only if you take it that way. It is a statement that points out facts. Like cell said earlier if you take it as an insult then you must be embarassed to be in the "White Christian Party"
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast