Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Okay, so essentially what you're saying is that the way to win to pander to the extremists?

Boy, Karl Rove has really got the Dems messed up. That must be precisely why the GOP put the spot light on such politicians like john McCain, arnold schwarzenegger, rudolf giuliani as the main speakers during the Rep Convention. Those are all real right wingers huh?

The truth is the America today is basically a moderate country (slightly right of center according to most) and that's where you have to be to be win too...
    McCain and Giuliani and nice show-ponies, but that is all they are, for show. Last primary after Rove started negative campaigning him, McCain was hung out to dry by the rest of his party. It would be nice to see a McCain or Giuliani GOP ticket 2008, but I doubt it will happen because the party leadership is way too conservative to support either.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 06/12/2005 at 04:08 PM.
  2.    #62  
    Umm... wasn't Kerry also against Gay marriage? He didn't push a constitutional amendment, but his stance was basically the same b/c he knew that's where the majority of Americans are...
    Kerry was for gay civil unions. A favorite attempt by dems to be moderate on the issue as it seems that most moderate voters followed the same, illogical thought process.

And note, after the election, you didn't hear boo about a constitutional amendment against gay marriage from Bush. I've heard out of Bush's mouth his discomfort with using the gay bashing to rally the right-wing religious zealots but he went along with The Architect as he always has (see Texas gov race).
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    McCain and Giuliani and nice show-ponies, but that is all they are, for show. Last primary after Rove started negative campaigning him, McCain was hung out to dry by the rest of his party. It would be nice to see a McCain or Giuliani GOP ticket 2008, but I doubt it will happen because the party leadership is way too conservative to support either.
    I respect McCaine so much I gave him campaign $$.
    LOL!! The ghost of Karl Rove strike again!

Btw, I agree I would love to see McCain will the nomination, but I doubt it will happen especially after the fillibuster compromise he initiated...

Also, the notion of "extremism" is relative and a matter of perspective. The reason why so many Deaniacs etc view republicans as extremist is b/c they are soo far to the left, they view anything slight right of moderate as extremist. Their political spectrum is basically skewwed too far left. Also, the same could be said of many republicans too, skewed too far to the right. The result is that the hardcore partisans on both sides forget where the middle really is...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/12/2005 at 04:51 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Kerry was for gay civil unions. A favorite attempt by dems to be moderate on the issue as it seems that most moderate voters followed the same, illogical thought process.
    If you had read polling data on the gay marriage issue, you would have known that most American opposed gay marriages. Kerry knew that and that's why he wisely took the stance he did...

And note, after the election, you didn't hear boo about a constitutional amendment against gay marriage from Bush. I've heard out of Bush's mouth his discomfort with using the gay bashing to rally the right-wing religious zealots but he went along with The Architect as he always has (see Texas gov race).
    He read the same poll data as Kerry
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/12/2005 at 04:31 PM.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I respect McCaine so much I gave him campaign $$.
    Yes I like McCain too. I can't think of someone who sacrificed more for our country than he has.

That is why, when McCain ran against Bush, it stunned me that as Bush stood beside a veteran who accused the former prisoner of war of abandoning their comrades, and when Bush sat idly as some of his political friends aired the kind of negative TV ads against McCain that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have been making about Kerry, the rest of the GOP just stood by and did nothing.
    LOL!! The ghost of Karl Rove strike again!
    ghost?
    Yes I like McCain too. I can't think of someone who sacrificed more for our country than he has.

That is why, when McCain ran against Bush, it stunned me that as Bush stood beside a veteran who accused the former prisoner of war of abandoning their comrades, and when Bush sat idly as some of his political friends aired the kind of negative TV ads against McCain that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have been making about Kerry, the rest of the GOP just stood by and did nothing.

You know what funny. At the time McCain was also being attacked by the media and the left for his "temper". He was being portrayed as a loose canon who might say anything...sorta like Dean today! LOL! Isn't that interesting huh?

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/11/08/mccain/

http://www.csbsju.edu/uspp/Election/mccain112899.htm
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/12/2005 at 04:52 PM.

ghost?

The dems sense his presence everywhere!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/12/2005 at 04:50 PM.

Apparently the only Dem smart enough to realize this is Hillary these days...
    and since Hillary will be the candidate, Dean goes. End of story.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    and since Hillary will be the candidate, Dean goes. End of story.
    ????
    Yes I like McCain too. I can't think of someone who sacrificed more for our country than he has.....
    As far as Viet Nam goes, there were 55,000 Americans that sacrificed more. This man may be a patriot, but he certainly will never be the president.
    ????
    If you cant figure that Dean will be out as head of the DNC by the end of the year, you havent been doing your required reading.
    ????

The Clintons do not like Dean.

You know what funny. At the time McCain was also being attacked by the media and the left for his "temper". He was being portrayed as a loose canon who might say anything...sorta like Dean today! LOL! Isn't that interesting huh?

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/11/08/mccain/

http://www.csbsju.edu/uspp/Election/mccain112899.htm
    I am not sure why you think the second columnists are liberal, they put down Clinton and LBJ in the same article, but I agree with you about Arriana Huffington, she's no fountain of foresight is she?

btw: I wonder what Orin Hatch's long dong silver collection really is?
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 06/12/2005 at 05:19 PM.
    As far as Viet Nam goes, there were 55,000 Americans that sacrificed more. This man may be a patriot, but he certainly will never be the president.
    I agree with you on all counts, even though I like him.
    I am not sure why you think the second columnists are liberal, they put down Clinton and LBJ in the same article, but I agree with you about Arriana Huffington, she's no fountain of foresight is she?

btw: I wonder what Orin Hatch's long dong silver collection really is?

I didn't say they were liberal, but that was the media impression and discussion of McCain at the time...

Regarding Arriana Huffington, this was when she was still a republican before her gay husband politician divorced her and she turned into a liberal populist...

18.    #78  
    If you cant figure that Dean will be out as head of the DNC by the end of the year, you havent been doing your required reading.
    "The DNC's governing body, however, is made up of approximately 400 elected and appointed members of the Democratic National Committee. The Governing body elects the officers of the National Committee: the Chairmen, five Vice Chairs, Treasurer, Secretary, and National Finance Chair."

Hillary is not a member of the DNC governing body.
    Regarding Arriana Huffington, this was when she was still a republican before her gay husband politician divorced her and she turned into a liberal populist...
    (Bisexual husband)

Of course that old troll might cause me to switch teams too, had I been married to her...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I didn't say they were liberal, but that was the media impression and discussion of McCain at the time...
    Well you put "media and the left" together in the same sentence. Thanks for the clarification.

Interesting turn of events there.

This was before Bush (or the ghost of Rove ) pulled his dirty tricks on McCain, but I understand your point that he was being attacked on multiple fronts.

It is interesting that that hot-head criticism of McCain has not persisted. I wonder is it that McCain is trying to control himself better or the media just moved on to another victim?
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 06/12/2005 at 06:50 PM.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast