Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Why are all the republican here complaining about Dean?!! Good grief, if I was a Republican, I would love Dean and would happily sign the petition just so he would remain the DNC chairman for a loooong time!

His big mouth and outrageous remarks are the best things that have happenned to the GOP in a long time. ARHHHHHHHHHH!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Actually, he has not:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...6057_mz013.htm

As a fundraiser, Dean has been a severe disappointment for the Dems and they have been far outpaced by the republicans...
    Sorry, but he is.
    "...DNC fundraising is ahead of where it was at this point after the last presidential election, when Democrats could still raise unlimited amounts of soft money."
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    DA, you have nothing to base what you are saying. Being screwed? As Clairegrrl asks, how are we being screwed? We are not being financially screwed by the republicans. We will be though by the likes of Dean. And listen to what Dean says, how he says it. His message is one of hatred.

Dean has stated his hatred of republicans and everything they stand for.

Dean has stated that conservatives are evil. This is a conservative country. The USA has traditionally been a conservative country.

Dean has stated that republicans never made an honest living in their lives. I am now a republican and buddy, that statement really frosts me.

This last week he stated that the republican party is made of white Christians. Hey, the Christian minorities of this country are really pissed about this statement.

Dean is out of control and frankly would probably profit from some self-control therapy.

If the democrats are trying to reach out to the Christians of this country, Dean is doing just the opposite. Dean represents none of my Christian values. Dean supports abortion rights, extraordinary rights for homosexuals and the suppression of religious expression in public. As a Christian, I do not react well to this. If middle America did support the expressions of Dean, then the controversey we are discussing would not be a controversey.
    Ben
    WTF is the "christian minority?

What are "extraordinary" rights for homosexuals?

When has Dean advocated "suppression of religious expression in public" (or are you just lumping him in with all Liberals thus the ACLU which you INCORRECTLY believe is their position)?

Although his statements against the Repubs are all true they are meant to energize the base not what you would call "swing voters".
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    And how is this "screwing" hapening??
    Do Ya read much?
    Hyper-rich are outpacing the rest of America
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Sorry, but he is.
    "...DNC fundraising is ahead of where it was at this point after the last presidential election, when Democrats could still raise unlimited amounts of soft money."
    I think gfunks quote from Businessweek carries more weight then your "Sorry, but he is"
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Probably as much as you, but I tend to choose a variety of sources that are more renowned then the Kansas City Star
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7.    #47  
    I think gfunks quote from Businessweek carries more weight then your "Sorry, but he is"
    I think the FACT that fundraising is ahead of where it was at the same point after the last election is more telling than comparing to another party. Apples and oranges.
    Sorry, but he is.

*sigh* Jess, talk about selective facts. The point is that the Dems are being pummeled by the GOP in fundraising and Dean has been ineffectualy in fundraising:

The bottom line: Republicans have $26.2 million in the bank vs. $7.2 million for the Dems.
    Also, does anyone watch the news anymore? Dean's lack of fundraising prowess was the topic of discussion for several days on cnn, cnbc, foxnews etc...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think the FACT that fundraising is ahead of where it was at the same point after the last election is more telling than comparing to another party. Apples and oranges.

Ok whatever so say... Dean doing a fabulous job fundraising! HURAHHHH! Long live dean DNC chairman!!! Wahoo!!!

Sorry, but he is.
    Did you bother to even read the story?

From the article gfunk so graciously quoted.

According to the Federal Election Commission, the DNC raised $14.1 million in the first quarter of 2005, vs. the Republican National Committee's $32.3 million. Dean drew about 20,000 new donors, while his rivals picked up 68,200. The bottom line: Republicans have $26.2 million in the bank vs. $7.2 million for the Dems.

Why the yawning gap? For starters, Dean is not a natural fit for the "stroke and joke" style that traditional party chiefs use to extract cash from well-heeled contributors. "It appears that the chairman has come to the conclusion that he doesn't need major donors," sniffs one fat cat. "He hasn't made any effort to reach out."

Personality factors aside, Dean's business-bashing '04 campaign makes him a hard sell in corporate circles. "There's a wait-and-see attitude from business and major contributors," says Nathan Landow, a Maryland developer and big-time donor. "This guy has some work to do to get the comfort level up." William W. Batoff, a Philadelphia real estate developer and longtime Democratic fund-raiser who backed President Bush in 2000 and 2004, is less diplomatic. "Howard Dean is the wrong person to be chair," says Batoff, who claims he will help fund the Dems' congressional efforts but will boycott the national committee while Dean reigns.
    I highlighted some points for you. How does the numbers from the FEC show that Dean is doing well? While it may be "ahead of where it was" is sure looks like he's sucking hind tit to me.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Why are all the republican here complaining about Dean?!! Good grief, if I was a Republican, I would love Dean and would happily sign the petition just so he would remain the DNC chairman for a loooong time!

His big mouth and outrageous remarks are the best things that have happenned to the GOP in a long time. ARHHHHHHHHHH!
    I have to agree with you here - my questions are posed out of disbelief over the Dean gushing.......I just don't get it.

Yes Mrs. Jones, Thomas is getting D's this year, which is much better than he was doing last year when he was getting F's. I just don't think it's fair to compare him to the kids getting A's. I mean that's apples and oranges. He has improved. That's what matters!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13.    #53  
    Probably as much as you, but I tend to choose a variety of sources that are more renowned then the Kansas City Star
    Um yea. Way to be a media snob. Although the article is essentially a re-print of the New York Times article which is actually selling it's content so I linked to what I thought was a non-signup source but alas, they are too. Oh well, I guess you'll have to take my word for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I have to agree with you here - my questions are posed out of disbelief over the Dean gushing.......I just don't get it.
    Same here. I love Dean and what he is doing for the democratic party. Hell, I signed the petition!!!
    — Ed Howdershelt
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Yes Mrs. Jones, Thomas is getting D's this year, which is much better than he was doing last year when he was getting F's. I just don't think it's fair to compare him to the kids getting A's. I mean that's apples and oranges. He has improved. That's what matters!!
    Improvement is improvement and it will continue or Dean will be canned like any other CFO. Simple business.
    Although his statements against the Repubs are all true they are meant to energize the base not what you would call "swing voters".
    The base won't bring in more votes and bring the Dems back to power. To do this, the Dems must move to the center and stop the incessant shrill from the far left and Dean. Apparently the only Dem smart enough to realize this is Hillary these days...

17.    #57  
    The base won't bring in more votes and bring the Dems back to power. To do this, the Dems must move to the center and stop the incessant shrill from the far left and Dean. Apparently the only Dem smart enough to realize this is Hillary these days...
    Actually you're quite incorrect. Post analysis of the 2004 election shows it was the party which riled up it's base the most that won. Rove knew there were essentially no swing voters and the way to win was to make sure your base gets out and votes.
    Actually you're quite incorrect. Post analysis of the 2004 election shows it was the party which riled up it's base the most that won. Rove knew there were essentially no swing voters and the way to win was to make sure your base gets out and votes.

Okay, so essentially what you're saying is that the way to win to pander to the extremists?

Boy, Karl Rove has really got the Dems messed up. That must be precisely why the GOP put the spot light on such politicians like john McCain, arnold schwarzenegger, rudolf giuliani as the main speakers during the Rep Convention. Those are all real right wingers huh?

The truth is the America today is basically a moderate country (slightly right of center according to most) and that's where you have to be to be win too...

19.    #59  
    Okay, so essentially what you're saying is that the way to win to pander to the extremists?

Boy, Karl Rove has really got the Dems messed up. That must be precisely why the GOP put the spot light on such politicians like john McCain, arnold schwarzenegger, rudolf giuliani as the main speakers during the Rep Convention. Those are all real right wingers huh?

The truth is the America today is basically a moderate country (slightly right of center according to most) and that's where you have to be to be win too...
    The simple facts regarding the last election are that there was not a significant number of swing voters. The voters were not undecided so to win, the Bush team made sure to get as many repubs people to the polls as possible. And yes, I think a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage DOES appeal to the EXTREMISTS, although admittedly in a safe manner since a lot of people who identify as moderates are against gay marriage as well (Nice move Rove).
    The simple facts regarding the last election are that there was not a significant number of swing voters. The voters were not undecided so to win, the Bush team made sure to get as many repubs people to the polls as possible. And yes, I think a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage DOES appeal to the EXTREMISTS, although admittedly in a safe manner since a lot of people who identify as moderates are against gay marriage as well (Nice move Rove).
    Umm... wasn't Kerry also against Gay marriage?

http://www.keithboykin.com/arch/000980.html

Senator John Kerry's decision today to support an anti-gay constitutional amendment in Massachusetts is wrong for the country and wrong for Kerry.
    He didn't push a constitutional amendment, but his stance was basically the same b/c he knew that's where the majority of Americans are...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/12/2005 at 04:02 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast