Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The bottom line is that middle America is not to the far left and not to the far right. Middle America, people like myself are in the middle, regardless of their party affliation. There is no way what so ever that Dean will ever get the middle of the road person to support him or anything he espouses. Pay attention to what Dean says and you will realize that he appeals only to the "special interest" groups and those of the far left. He does not come close to the average person.
    Ben
    Ben: In many ways you are right.

I just think that we are treating Dean as a politician who is stumping for early votes. Clearly he is not.

The problem is like I already stated...he's just a fundraiser for the DNC. He doesn't have to represent the middle of America (at least not yet)X
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

cont.

Remember what you said about who he is representing right now (sp and the very left)...well I would venture to guess that is where 95% off the fundraising is coming into the DNC as well.

That's why I think he is doing a good job for the DNC. Will he tone done his message...yeah probably.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

blah blah blah. The reps and dems are two of the same. Trying to decide between two poisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Ben: In many ways you are right.

I just think that we are treating Dean as a politician who is stumping for early votes. Clearly he is not.

The problem is like I already stated...he's just a fundraiser for the DNC. He doesn't have to represent the middle of America (at least not yet)X
    My parents have XM in their cars...what's this --> X
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I agree with previous comments - Dean appears to be doing a good job raising money and why should he care what the far right thinks of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I recognize it:

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Xbox is clearly the most powerful console. Who’s got the biggest processor? Microsoft. Who’s got the highest-end video card? Microsoft. Who’s got the most memory and the greatest flexibility with that memory? Microsoft. Who is helping the Chinese ban democracy on the net? Microsoft
    It is not what the far right thinks of him, it is what middle America thinks of him. I am not "far right." I am middle of the road and a little to the right - not at all that far to the right. If Dean were good of this country then why is Hillary moving to the center and toward the right of center? If you think she is not, then you are not paying attention to her public presentations. When she and Billy were in the White House, she was way left. She is now just to the left of center and is continuing to move to the center. Hilary has also distanced herself from Dean. If she wants to run for president, then she has no choice but to speak to the middle, people like myself.

Ben
    Hey Ben...round up your kitties and hide them. Insertion is on the loose with those hairy palms. Oh...and what you said...me too.
    The black cat's name is Brat and the name fits her perfectly. She is always on the prowl for game, fair and unfair game. Just after I got up this morning she attacked a small pillow and was busy batting it around the living room. Poor pillow died another death, frequent one at that. She sits on the refergerator waiting for a victim to pass. She sits on top of a dooir waiting for another stupid victim to pass. No one is safe.

Ben
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    da: you really see Dean as a positive to the Democratic party? - I just don't see it, care to enlighten me?
    Yup, because A) Dean already demonstrated an ability to raise $ AND get the people out on a LOCAL level. And B) his platform is VERY moderate though strongly in the Democratic camp.

The goals of the DNC are firstly to energize the base of the party (this is how Rove won the pres election, remember gay marraige etc) and secondly to appeal to those living in Red (or purple as the map suggests) America who are being screwed financially by the Republicans. He is doing that.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    It is not what the far right thinks of him, it is what middle America thinks of him. I am not "far right." I am middle of the road and a little to the right - not at all that far to the right. If Dean were good of this country then why is Hillary moving to the center and toward the right of center? If you think she is not, then you are not paying attention to her public presentations. When she and Billy were in the White House, she was way left. She is now just to the left of center and is continuing to move to the center. Hilary has also distanced herself from Dean. If she wants to run for president, then she has no choice but to speak to the middle, people like myself.

Ben
    And what has Dean said regarding POLICY that is to the left for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    ....and secondly to appeal to those living in Red (or purple as the map suggests) America who are being screwed financially by the Republicans. He is doing that.
    And how is this "screwing" hapening??
    A lot of my 'late night' posts at 3am in the morning are usually done on my t600 from bed and for whatever reason, if I submit a post of a couple of paragraphs, it invariably cuts it off. Hence, you got the wierd character
    Xbox is clearly the most powerful console. Who’s got the biggest processor? Microsoft. Who’s got the highest-end video card? Microsoft. Who’s got the most memory and the greatest flexibility with that memory? Microsoft. Who is helping the Chinese ban democracy on the net? Microsoft
    I am still a PS2 guy. I have too many games to convert over to xbox
    Ben: I still think you are confusing Deans role (and I don't know why I am defending him...he is a little over the top even for me.)

It is not what the far right thinks of him, it is what middle America thinks of him.
    Not for the role of fundraiser as the DNC.

If Dean were good of this country then why is Hillary moving to the center and toward the right of center?
    Because she is getting herself ready to run for President (probably, if not 2008, then maybe 2012).

If she wants to run for president, then she has no choice but to speak to the middle, people like myself.
    I agree. The danger with just playing to the middle though is that your 'base' (either the far right or the far left) start to cry that you are moving away from what you makes a Dem or a Rep. So its a tightrope act for every politician.
    DA, you have nothing to base what you are saying. Being screwed? As Clairegrrl asks, how are we being screwed? We are not being financially screwed by the republicans. We will be though by the likes of Dean. And listen to what Dean says, how he says it. His message is one of hatred.

Dean has stated his hatred of republicans and everything they stand for.

Dean has stated that conservatives are evil. This is a conservative country. The USA has traditionally been a conservative country.

Dean has stated that republicans never made an honest living in their lives. I am now a republican and buddy, that statement really frosts me.

This last week he stated that the republican party is made of white Christians. Hey, the Christian minorities of this country are really pissed about this statement.

Dean is out of control and frankly would probably profit from some self-control therapy.

If the democrats are trying to reach out to the Christians of this country, Dean is doing just the opposite. Dean represents none of my Christian values. Dean supports abortion rights, extraordinary rights for homosexuals and the suppression of religious expression in public. As a Christian, I do not react well to this. If middle America did support the expressions of Dean, then the controversey we are discussing would not be a controversey.
    Ben
    I understand Dean's role with the DNC and that roll has been played many many others in the past (both parties) without the controversey he has created. Without the hate he endorses. Without the venom of his message. He is hurting the democratic party. I have never voted the party ticket and never will. I vote for the person who represents my views or comes as close to my view as possible. I am a middle American and the base of this country is middle American, not the far left or the far right. The far left/far right are the vocals of this country; the silent majority is middle American.

Hillary has no choice but to tone down her presentation. When she starts yelling at the top of her lungs, she alienates herself from the majority. When she was yelling, "WE HAVE A RIGHT TO QUESTION AUTORITY," well, she blew it there. When Billy was in office, she said just the opposite.

If a democrat espouses views that I agree with and there are many who do, then I have no problem in considering that person. Not a problem at all.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Ben: I still think you are confusing Deans role (and I don't know why I am defending him...he is a little over the top even for me.)

Not for the role of fundraiser as the DNC.

Because she is getting herself ready to run for President (probably, if not 2008, then maybe 2012).

I agree. The danger with just playing to the middle though is that your 'base' (either the far right or the far left) start to cry that you are moving away from what you makes a Dem or a Rep. So its a tightrope act for every politician.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I agree with previous comments - Dean appears to be doing a good job raising money and why should he care what the far right thinks of him.
    Actually, he has not:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine...6057_mz013.htm

As a fundraiser, Dean has been a severe disappointment for the Dems and they have been far outpaced by the republicans...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast