Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    And to further drive this home, my mother was born and raised in Japan, yes the Supreme Dragon of TC is half-Japanese. Do I speak a word of Japanese? No. Why? Because my mother knew the importance of English. "You are an American citizen, you speak the language."

Wow, mom...you sure are stooopid!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    you don't HAVE to do anything. that's my point. they don't HAVE to either. you make it seem like it would be harder for you to learn a new language than them.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I would disagree. Language is the glue that keeps a nation together. If I went to Mexico to live, or Russia, or Japan, I wouldn't expect the citizenry of those countries to adapt to me. It would be my obligation to at least have the communication skills needed.
    Agreed. The national language here is ENGLISH. Learn it. I don't see any signs in English when I go to Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarza
    As for ruining people's drive ways with ladders and low riders and such, this is America and if they own the land they can put what they want on it.
    Welcome to America...oh by the way, if you live in a neighborhood w/ an HOA and covenants, you CAN'T do what you want with your land. They have laws or covenants one has to live by or they will be fined, have a lien placed on their house, or even ultimately foreclosed on by the mortgage company. These covenants are in place to prevent the deterioration of a neighborhood. Some do go overboard and even say what type of plants you may or may not have, that you can't leave your garage door open for more than 30 minutes. Don't believe me, just ask around.

I digress. As for the 20 people living in one house, upon signing the contract to buy your house, you sign to live by the covenants. Some of the covenants in my neighborhood include no parking in the streets (because they are too damn narrow.). They also signed paperwork for their home, a county-zoned single family home, not an apartment house for 20 people, race doesn't matter. (It just so happens that hispanics tend to be the ones that do this more often than others, and if there weren't any covenants in my neighborhood, obviously I wouldn't have an argument or any legal room to complain on.) Yes, you do own the land, but no, you really can't do what you want with it in a neighborhood w/ covenants and an HOA. That's just the way it is.
    then bring it up to them. if nothing is resolved, bring it up with your HOA. Everyone must follow the rules. but they are breaking the rules because they are rule breakers not because they are mexican. as for the language you should not be forced to do anything that you don't choose to do. if you can be forced to do these things then America has no real meaning
    BTW, I am not racist, especially against Mexicans. I am 100% fluent in Spanish, my mom is half Mexican (so I'm 25% Mexican?). My wife is 100% Mexican (from Aguascalientes). She is here legally and speaks English and Spanish. Our kids are bilingual.
    I have nothing against people who obey the law. My problems are when people come to America and become a leech to society, break the laws (mostly due to ignorance because they don't know the language), and quickly resort to violence and gangs (see Los Angeles).
    I really have nothing against illegals (no matter what country they come from) that are here until they start driving w/o insurance and getting free healthcare.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    then bring it up to them. if nothing is resolved, bring it up with your HOA. Everyone must follow the rules. but they are breaking the rules because they are rule breakers not because they are mexican. as for the language you should not be forced to do anything that you don't choose to do. if you can be forced to do these things then America has no real meaning
    I don't want to pay taxes. I don't want to wear a seat belt. I don't want to have to register my guns. Obviously we force people to do things everyday.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    those are not the same type of thing and you know it.
    Your words:
    you should not be forced to do anything that you don't choose to do. if you can be forced to do these things then America has no real meaning

then bring it up to them
    Do you think I'm stupid? I don't have a death wish. Have you seen my neighbors? No? I didn't think so. Well, they ARE gang-bangers. Cops have been over several times. They are always drunk and flashing their gang signs. I am not going to be drawing any attention to myself or my kids.
    Are you proud that there are people like that in your race?

BTW, I wouldn't react any different than I am now if my neighbors were white supremists or KKK.

Like I said before, I'm putting my house up for sale and moving. It's a sad commentary on America when you really can't live where you want to because your neighbors are low-lifes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    BTW, I am not racist, especially against Mexicans. I am 100% fluent in Spanish, my mom is half Mexican (so I'm 25% Mexican?). My wife is 100% Mexican (from Aguascalientes). She is here legally and speaks English and Spanish. Our kids are bilingual.
    You're still a racist. My ex-girlfriend was American\Mexican. I kept trying to marry her so I wouldn't have to see Espinoza on our mailbox. Can you imagine me having to raise a child of Mexican decent?? Damn good thing she miscarried twice...

Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Agreed. The national language here is ENGLISH. Learn it. I don't see any signs in English when I go to Mexico.
    The United States has never had an official national language -- and throughout its history many languages have been spoken along with English. If the founding fathers did not find the need to prosecute people who did not speak english, I do not see the need either.
    but you have never spoken to them. you assume that they will attack you. nice.
    You're still a racist. My ex-girlfriend was American\Mexican. I kept trying to marry her so I wouldn't have to see Espinoza on our mailbox. Can you imagine me having to raise a child of Mexican decent?? Damn good thing she miscarried twice...
    I'm going to take that as a joke. If its not I'm just going to let someone higher than me handle it.

TROLL.
    Are you proud that there are people like that in your race?

I'm am not proud or ashame. It is the way people are. They are like that in any race. There are good and bad whites, blacks asians and anything eles
  15.    #95  
    you don't HAVE to do anything. that's my point. they don't HAVE to either. you make it seem like it would be harder for you to learn a new language than them.
    I too must disagree here - part of being American or having the right to stay in America either as a perm. resident alien or a naturalized citizen should be learning english - has been in the past, I see no compelling reason to change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I too must disagree here - part of being American or having the right to stay in America either as a perm. resident alien or a naturalized citizen should be learning english - has been in the past, I see no compelling reason to change that.
    Please tell me where in the past it was written that you have to speak English to be an American? I know English because I was taught and learned in school. That's good for me, but why do I have to feel the need to force eveyone to do what I do or know what I know? Why do they HAVE to do it? Give a good reason. Not just to talk to the MAJORITY. The laws exsit to protect the MINORITY not the majority.
    I'm going to take that as a joke. If its not I'm just going to let someone higher than me handle it.

TROLL.
    You're the one who thinly veiled me a racist...so since you said it, I figure I'll appease you.

encouraging people to learn english and prosecuting them for not doing it are two different things.

as far as I know, I can speak any language I want in my country.

Let me know if you find anything here which tells me otherwise.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
    Please tell me where in the past it was written that you have to speak English to be an American? I know English because I was taught and learned in school. That's good for me, but why do I have to feel the need to force eveyone to do what I do or know what I know? Why do they HAVE to do it? Give a good reason. Not just to talk to the MAJORITY. The laws exsit to protect the MINORITY not the majority.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/index.htm

# a period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States;
    # residence in a particular USCIS District prior to filing;
    # an ability to read, write, and speak English;
    # a knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government;
    # good moral character;
    # attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution; and,
    # favorable disposition toward the United States.
    Enacted in 1906.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/abo...isHist/462.htm

27. Naturalization Act of June 29, 1906 (34 Statutes-at-Large 596)

Provisions:

1. Combined the immigration and naturalization functions of the federal government, changing the Bureau of Immigration to the Bureau of Immigration and Naturalization.

2. Established fundamental procedural safeguards regarding naturalization, such as fixed fees and uniform naturalization forms.

3. Made knowledge of the English language a requirement for naturalization.

You're the one who thinly veiled me a racist...so since you said it, I figure I'll appease you.
    I retracted my statment. This is not personal between me and you. I don't hate you. I hope that after this thread is long gone we can still exist on TC with out hate.

I wish I could stop this stupid argument, but I can't. For evil to win all that is nessasary is for good people to do nothing.

How can I look my children in the eye knowing that there are people out there saying horrible things about them with out ever getting to know them. I won't do that. I'm sick of this whole thing, but I won't stop until I'm banned or the thread is closed or the tone changes. Whatever.