Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 301
  1. #221  
    or forking?
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Is that like spooning?

    parallel universes occupy the same space and time . . . .
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    parallel universes occupy the same space and time . . . .
    r u sure??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4.    #224  
    As sure as I am sure that I am in this parallel universe and not another one . .
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Of course, I also have trouble with the concept that the universe has no boundaries. How can something have no end? But then, if there is an end (say a brick wall) what is on the other side?

    Cheers, Perry
    The universe is kind of shaped like a circle. Imagine being on the inside of a beach ball. If you travel fast enough in one direction, you will come back to where you started from the opposite direction.

    So at the time of the Big Bang, that circle was just a point, and so was the universe. As the Big Bang happened, the universe expanded and the circle/universe grew. There was no "space" at the time of the Big Bang beyond the point.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Imagine being on the inside of a beach ball. If you travel fast enough in one direction, you will come back to where you started from the opposite direction.
    If I travel why would it matter what speed? And wouldnt I just hit the side of the beach ball? I mean If I were going in a strait line???
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    The universe is kind of shaped like a circle. Imagine being on the inside of a beach ball. If you travel fast enough in one direction, you will come back to where you started from the opposite direction.

    So at the time of the Big Bang, that circle was just a point, and so was the universe. As the Big Bang happened, the universe expanded and the circle/universe grew. There was no "space" at the time of the Big Bang beyond the point.

    What's on the other side of the beach ball? And don't say nothin' because it has to be somthin' to be able to expand into it.

    (Again, this is being said by Mr. Linear.)
  8.    #228  
    So we were a "point" and now we are billions of light years across into a "space" that was "nothing" before we started expanding?

    I have a headache.
  9. #229  
    Its matter on the otherside of the beach ball. It is not dense matter. Im not sure of its density compared to for instance gass. At the point of the big bang a mass reached its densest state and then bang, it began to spread across less dense matter. There is no end to the matter, it is not possible.
  10.    #230  
    Now back to the "How can the universe be infinite?" vs. "How can it not be infinite?" conundrum. . . .
  11. #231  
    There is no matter, or space, beyond the boundaries of the unverse. There is nothing, I say, Nothing! NOTHING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    I feel better now.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    If I travel why would it matter what speed? And wouldnt I just hit the side of the beach ball? I mean If I were going in a strait line???
    You have to go fast, or you would be dead by the time you returned coming the other way.
    And you can't go in a straight line, because space itself is curved. When an apple drops from the tree onto your head, it isn't moving straight at you. It is moving through curved spacetime.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    There is no matter, or space, beyond the boundaries of the unverse. There is nothing, I say, Nothing! NOTHING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

    I feel better now.

    Just think what it would be like to have James and I in a class you were teaching. . . . .
  14.    #234  
    Just because it's "empty" space doesn't mean it's nothin !!

    Space is space and that's somethin !!
  15. #235  
    Was not the discovery of "dark matter" widely accepted. I found it to be sound.

    The theory of matter and space continued is similar to infinity, there is no beginning or end.

    This theory is no diferent than the idea of the beginning of God, except only one it true.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Just think what it would be like to have James . . . . .
    Many womans fantasy
  17.    #237  
    Thus the conundrum for the human mind vs. the spirit or soul.
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Many womans fantasy

    Nice edit.
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    So we were a "point" and now we are billions of light years across into a "space" that was "nothing" before we started expanding?

    I have a headache.
    And remember that without space, there is no time. You can't have space withtout time. Basically, time began with the Big Bang.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    And remember that without space, there is no time. You can't have space withtout time. Basically, time began with the Big Bang.
    Is there a sound in the forest when a tree falls, if no one is there to hear it?


    Is there time in space, if there is no one there to reference it?

Posting Permissions