Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    Cantor?? Ya mean the guy who explained Zeno's paradoxes??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  2.    #202  
    Geez, twice in 5 minutes I was forced to use iPedia.
    Paging Mr. Freely
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Boy, am I confused.

You can subtract infinity from both sides of that equation and get 1 = 0.

And Cantor is okay with that?
    Hey your on to something there...that doesnt seem right. (Unless you cant put infinity into that equation? )
  5.    #205  
    It's probably all wrapped in that "The universe is shrinking and growing at the same time rhetoric."
    To infinity and beyond!!!
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I think Jamie Lee Curtis lost her Tmo job when Voicestream turned into Tmo... then the Deustche Telekom people who bought em dumped her...

More importantly, what do y'all think of pit bulls?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #208  
    Are you trolling?
    Just trying to get this thread back on topic
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10.    #210  
    Cheers.
    t2gungho is partly right - you can't use infinity in that particular context. Cantor's theorem proves that infinity is the largest possible set of numbers that includes (infinity + 1). For more on infinity refer to the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Infinity...Lexus...whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    For more on infinity refer to the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
    I can be entertained and taught at the same time? Cool.
    here's what THHGTHG says about infinity: "Infinity is huge, mindbogglingly huge; think of the hugest thing you can think and it's bigger than that. In fact it is so huge ....." it goes on in this vein for quite a bit, but you get the picture.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    t2gungho is partly right - you can't use infinity in that particular context. Cantor's theorem proves that infinity is the largest possible set of numbers that includes (infinity + 1). For more on infinity refer to the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

Sorry people, I am just stuck in the mud of linear thinking.

Something cannot be equal to something plus one.

Cheers, Perry.
  16.    #216  
    Of course, I also have trouble with the concept that the universe has no boundaries. How can something have no end? But then, if there is an end (say a brick wall) what is on the other side?

Cheers, Perry
    Of course, I also have trouble with the concept that the universe has no boundaries. How can something have no end? But then, if there is an end (say a brick wall) what is on the other side? ...
    Time to go back and watch the Star Trek reruns
  18.    #218  
    now, don't go parallel universe on me. . . .
    Look...I took Science for a non-science major. I have no clue. Parallel universe, I have trouble parallel parking
    now, don't go parallel universe on me. . . .
    Is that like spooning?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."