Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Jay, where do you draw this idea from?

"But all of that is really beside the point. Bush's job wasn't to guess whether the levees might break. Bush's job was to make sure that plans were in place to deal with the aftermath if the levees broke. He signally failed at that task, and his "anticipated" comment, whether you accept the quibble or not, is an astonishingly weak alibi for that failure."

This is first, the responsibility of the City, then the Parish (LA does not have counties), then the state (Nat. Guard under the state authority), and then IF the state requests assistance the Federal Gov't. I hold the fed gov't responsible, but more responsibility lies at city, parish, and state level.

You look at every situation to see how you can blame the republicans instead of looking at the situation and holding those responsible for failure to act or inappropriate actions accountable.

You are truly a spinMASTER.
    Last edited by cardio; 03/06/2006 at 11:51 AM.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    I thought you two were going to throw down. I half expected him to tell you to meet him in the schoolyard at 3:15.
    I thought that might be next also. Oh well, some people.
    Do we see a problem here?

"These videos prove Bush lied when he said nobody expected a breach of the levees"

"Actually, no. The videos talk about the risk of water coming over the levee but not about a 'breach' which means a break in the levee"

"Semantics"

"Actually, no. AP already corrected their earlier story by saying that technically a breach is considered a break in the levee."

"But this still proves Bush lied."

"How?"

"Because it now turns out that Bush had conversations with Brown about a breach in the levee prior to these videos."

"So, then how do these videos prove anything?"

"Because he sat on his ranch and did nothing while people were drowning in New Orleans."

"Wait! I thought the claim was that Bush lied. Now we're talking about his incompetence? Which is it"

"He never should have been elected."

"So now I'm confused. Are we talking about his lie, his incompetence or his election?"

"We were better off under Clinton."

"Okay, now this is going nowhere. Is there a specific point you want to make?"

"Yes, Bush lied."

"Okay, how do you know?"

"These videos prove it."
    Impeachmet process started on Mar 2.... on CSPAN2 now.

did it make the news???
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    your lips to g-d's ears. take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Impeachment is not in the news b/c it is seen as so whacko left no one wants to be associated with it.

Jay I sometimes don't follow your posts, your last post is a prime example. Elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Impeachment is not in the news b/c it is seen as so whacko left no one wants to be associated with it.

Jay I sometimes don't follow your posts, your last post is a prime example. Elaborate.
    Prolly has more to do with the numbers in the House than anything else, which could change in the 2006 election.

"Viva the Whacko Left"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Prolly has more to do with the numbers in the House than anything else, which could change in the 2006 election.

Of course the only way it will change is if Democrats abandon the "whacko Left" for the "sensible Center".
    I could only hope! As long as Dems have the whacko left on their side, Republicans are a lock for a long time to come.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    This is what the repubs fear

Democrats Struggle To Seize Opportunity
    Amid GOP Troubles, No Unified Message

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102193_pf.html

Here is a great little snippet from the article

"According to multiple accounts from those in the room, Reid said they had narrowed the list to six and proceeded to talk about them. Pelosi then offered her six -- not all the same as Reid's. Oregon Gov. Ted Kulongoski said later: "One of the other governors said 'What do you think?' and I said 'You know what I think? I don't think we have a message.' "

DaT, Jay, Barye (wherever you are). Do you agree with the democratic stance or just against the republicans? If you agree with the democratic platform, please tell them what the platform is so they can come up with a plan.
    In all honesty, there is no democratic plan. They are putting all energy trying unsuccessfully to derail Bush's initiative, they can't put a concise, agreeable plan together. And the one guy who should have a handle on it Howard Dean (Joker) appears to be out in left field.

Quote Originally Posted by cardio

"According to multiple accounts from those in the room, Reid said they had narrowed the list to six and proceeded to talk about them. Pelosi then offered her six -- not all the same as Reid's. Oregon Gov. Ted Kulongoski said later: "One of the other governors said 'What do you think?' and I said 'You know what I think? I don't think we have a message.' "

DaT, Jay, Barye (wherever you are). Do you agree with the democratic stance or just against the republicans? If you agree with the democratic platform, please tell them what the platform is so they can come up with a plan.

The Democratic stance is against the Republicans. That's the only thing they'll all agree on and that's the only thing that will get them votes. IMHO, the majority of votes are the Republicans to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man

It was more whacko to try to impeach Clinton... and don't forget Nixon! Nixon had one of the highest approval ratings when proceedings started against him... double Bush's present numbers... that's Whacko!!!

Clinton lied under oath... BFD!!! Bush does what he want s when he wants and even the Republicans are geting tired of it. Not sure Cheney is a good replacement for Bush.

Winter time is a great time to play with snowballs.... one can only dream.
    So lying under oath only counts if it is a capital offense? I never cared what the guy did with the *****, I was always concerned that he lied under oath. Had he simply told the truth, he would have been forgiven anyways. America always forgives. Your quote is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Clinton lied under oath... BFD!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Of course the only way it will change is if Democrats abandon the "whacko Left" for the "sensible Center".
    Go DLC!! GO DLC!!! GO DLC!!!

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

What is DLC?
    What is DLC?
    More info here...

http://www.impeachbush.org
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    More info here...

http://www.impeachbush.org
    AHHH, I see. The democratic platform website. What is DLC Democrats Losing Control?
    I hope for an impeachment try. The more the whacko left tries to tear the right apart, the more together the right becomes. And the people on the fence go right. Dems, no real plan, just attack.

AHHH, I see. The democratic platform website. What is DLC Democrats Losing Control?
    Democrats Lost Control

Democrats Leaving the Country

Dern Lib'ral Commies