Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 845
  1. #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    BTW this was in my in box in the today...
    Apparently MoveOn hasn't.
  2. #682  
    what are you blind,.....bush sat there and did nit even ask a ? during that video and then he did ntothing fotr 3 days..it is a jackass and should never have been elected....!

    This is today's editorial from the Wash Post:
    Caught on Tape

    Saturday, March 4, 2006; A16



    ON THE DAY before Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, federal emergency officials warned President Bush that the hurricane could be "the big one," the storm the region had long feared; that the Superdome, the shelter of last resort in New Orleans, was below sea level and might well lose its roof; that medical and mortuary teams might not be prepared; and that the levees might not hold back the floodwaters. Mr. Bush, speaking during a videoconference, a tape of which was obtained by the Associated Press, responded by reassuring state officials that "we are fully prepared."

    Without a doubt, the tape provides evidence that the White House received ample warning of the catastrophe. Yet within days of that

    videoconference, Mr. Bush would excuse the federal government's extraordinarily poor performance by telling an interviewer that "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." Moreover, at the time of the conference the White House had no idea whether federal emergency services were truly prepared. On the tape, the president doesn't ask any questions about preparedness, and there is no evidence in documents since released that he was any more engaged before or after the conference. Had anyone called the Defense Department? Was the National Guard en route? Were local Army bases prepared to help? Were emergency food and water supplies in place? The president, like everyone around him, appears to have assumed that everything would run like clockwork, just as it was supposed to on paper.

    Before Louisiana state and city officials get too excited about this video, it's worth noting that similar criticisms could be lodged against them. Another tape recently released to the AP reveals that Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco (D) reassured the president that the levees had held -- three hours after they had broken. New Orleans officials also understood in advance of Katrina the scale of the potential catastrophe -- they had carried out simulations of a levee breach -- but were unable to cope. Even some specific consequences of the hurricane, such as the failure of low-income people to leave the city, had been predicted. Yet little was done to accommodate them, either.

    The tape adds to a growing body of evidence that the disaster was a failure of execution, not prediction. That indicates to us that federal and local government employees must spend more time carrying out practice exercises and involve more people in disaster planning. It also should tell the nation something about the value of leadership. The Gulf Coast might have suffered less had the president just asked a few people the right questions.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    what are you blind,.....bush sat there and did nit even ask a ? during that video and then he did ntothing fotr 3 days..it is a jackass and should never have been elected....!
    Desert I would not get too bent out of shape. This is standard MO for Shrub(Bush), recieve warning, do an action in direct conflict with warning or ignore warning. Take whatever issue you want, 9/11, Iraq, Katrina, SS, etc..
  4. #684  
    ahh the sweet smell of sour grapes and defeat.
  5. #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Desert I would not get too bent out of shape. This is standard MO for Shrub(Bush), recieve warning, do an action in direct conflict with warning or ignore warning. Take whatever issue you want, 9/11, Iraq, Katrina, SS, etc..

    YOUR RIGHT HE IS THE HIND END OF A HORSE!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  6. #686  
    I didn't really care for Clinton, but I never bothered to stress out about it like many OT'ers do regarding Bush. It's not worth it. It's obvious that it isn't so much libs hate Bush, it is more they are envious of Republican's dominance. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    YOUR RIGHT HE IS THE HIND END OF A HORSE!
  7. #687  
    DEAR ADVANCE, WELL YOU GOT ONLY HALF THE STORY READ WHAT I AM POSTING BELOW YOUR QUOTE, I BOLD PRINTED THE CORRECT AREA!
    TAKE CARE, JAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    btw, Associated Press is reporting an update to their 'lie' of a story about the timeline of the news on the breach. They are now admitting they got it wrong. Huh, imagine that , attack the President then admit that you had the story wrong to begin with. I knew something smelled all along. I wonder if the liberal media will make anything stick before the end of this two term president?

    AP FRIDAY NIGHT CLARIFICATION ON BUSH/KATRINA VIDEO
    Fri Mar 03 2006 19:48:29 ET

    Clarification: Katrina-Video story
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

    WASHINGTON (AP) _ In a March 1 story, The Associated Press reported that federal disaster officials warned President Bush and his homeland security chief before Hurricane Katrina struck that the storm could breach levees in New Orleans, citing confidential video footage of an Aug. 28 briefing among U.S. officials.

    The Army Corps of Engineers considers a breach a hole developing in a levee rather than an overrun. The story should have made clear that Bush was warned about floodwaters overrunning the levees, rather than the levees breaking.

    The day before the storm hit, Bush was told there were grave concerns that the levees could be overrun. It wasn't until the next morning, as the storm was hitting, that Michael Brown, then head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, said Bush had inquired about reports of breaches. Bush did not participate in that briefing.
    O3.04.2006
    Bush and Levee Breaching: Anticipation and Alibis
    BY Mark Kleiman
    Shortly after the Katrina disaster, President Bush, offering an alibi for his rotten performance, said "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."

    Then this week the AP offered a videotape of a conference, with Bush present by telephone, in which the risk that water would come over the levees was specifically discussed as a likely result of the storm, with "the greatest potential for large loss of life." FEMA director Michael Brown said flatly "This is the Big One." That sparked much outrage among the "Bush lied, people died" crowd.


    But the armies of Red Blogistan rushed to the rescue. Patterico Pontificated that the discussion was about the levees' being "topped," not "breached." Mickey Kaus got in a good rant about the "despised, self-parodying MSM," and compared the AP's partial retraction to the behavior of "an indicted pol" because it came late on a Friday. (Oddly, Mickey never has an ill word for the Fox/Murdoch/Washington Times/Drudge right-wing media.) The rest of the usual suspects piled on as usual.

    It's true, as the AP has now acknowledged, that the President wasn't literally warned about levee-breaching, as opposed to levee-topping, at the conference depicted in the AP videotape. And it's fair to criticize the AP, and others who based their reports on that videotape, for eliding the difference.

    On the other hand, it also turns out that Michael Brown had specifically mentioned the risk of levee-breaching to Bush in briefings before the one on the videotape, and that several official reports about storm risks to New Orleans also considered levee-breaching as one of them. So Bush was at best stretching the language when he said that "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees," unless (like Tom Maguire) you think "anticipate in that context means "consider more likely than not" rather than "consider among the possibilities."

    But all of that is really beside the point. Bush's job wasn't to guess whether the levees might break. Bush's job was to make sure that plans were in place to deal with the aftermath if the levees broke. He signally failed at that task, and his "anticipated" comment, whether you accept the quibble or not, is an astonishingly weak alibi for that failure.

    Imagine how a real Chief Executive, as opposed to the papier-mâché version we got stuck with, would have responded to Max Mayfield's briefing.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  8. #688  
    BUSH HAS GOTTEN OFF EASY COMPAIRED TO CLINTON....BY THE PRESS AND THE PUBLIC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I didn't really care for Clinton, but I never bothered to stress out about it like many OT'ers do regarding Bush. It's not worth it. It's obvious that it isn't so much libs hate Bush, it is more they are envious of Republican's dominance. Thank you.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  9. #689  
    The press reluctantly reported facts that were true regarding Clinton.

    Now the press makes up stories (i.e. Memogate) or changes the story (Katrina) regarding Bush. There are many more examples other than just these two. The fact is, many people don't believe the press anymore. When this came out that Bush knew the levees failed and then lied about it, I didn't believe it. I figured this was another media attack against Bush, which I was right.



    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    BUSH HAS GOTTEN OFF EASY COMPAIRED TO CLINTON....BY THE PRESS AND THE PUBLIC.
  10. #690  
    I am afraid you do not have all of th facts of Katrina, in two different meetings Bush was advised in one that the leeves could breach and in another that it could go over. One was on video an dthe other there is a complete report that was printed up. Both happened before the hurricane. In addition, it does nto excuse the fact thast he sat on his *** and did ntohing for days on end.

    At best Bush is a unimportant Prez and history will treat him as such. before 9/11 his numbers were very low, now they are low agaion. he keeps trying to evoke the memory of 9/11 to help his imiage and it is nto helping anymore.

    In additon, there is much to be seen about the wire taping etc. ZI find it very interesting. They went to the then attorney general while he was in the hospital for him to sign off on the program and on his sick bed he still refused.

    Bush will go down as the prez who alienated out alies and therefore we hardly have any. The folly of using Iraaq to change the subject from finded ben ladin will go down in history as a dreadful and deadly farse.

    Bush has to be hoping there will nto be a civil war in Iraq for if no other reason that to save his place in history as the worst prez in modern times!

    While you may not like clinton, we did have peace and prosperity.

    I do find it Ironic that reps blame Clinton over 9/11 and vice versa. What ever happend to falling on your sword and accepting blame...after all the buck stops with Bush.

    yet, nothing is ever is fault.

    We are supposed to be the beacon of freedom and yet we are tourchering prisoners.

    Bush is a shameful reminder of dad's boy being passed on in scholl and get his rear end out of trouble..too bad he is nto talking to huis dad after all 2 heads are better than one.

    It is also interesting that once agin there is talk of the veep leaving. I would be shocked by that one, as it means Bush would actuallh have to work and run the government!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  11. #691  
    Your opinion is not fact. You are too emotional about President Bush being America's choice for two terms. Relax, you guys will have another shot in 2 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    I am afraid you do not have all of th facts of Katrina, in two different meetings Bush was advised in one that the leeves could breach and in another that it could go over. One was on video an dthe other there is a complete report that was printed up. Both happened before the hurricane. In addition, it does nto excuse the fact thast he sat on his *** and did ntohing for days on end.

    At best Bush is a unimportant Prez and history will treat him as such. before 9/11 his numbers were very low, now they are low agaion. he keeps trying to evoke the memory of 9/11 to help his imiage and it is nto helping anymore.

    In additon, there is much to be seen about the wire taping etc. ZI find it very interesting. They went to the then attorney general while he was in the hospital for him to sign off on the program and on his sick bed he still refused.

    Bush will go down as the prez who alienated out alies and therefore we hardly have any. The folly of using Iraaq to change the subject from finded ben ladin will go down in history as a dreadful and deadly farse.

    Bush has to be hoping there will nto be a civil war in Iraq for if no other reason that to save his place in history as the worst prez in modern times!

    While you may not like clinton, we did have peace and prosperity.

    I do find it Ironic that reps blame Clinton over 9/11 and vice versa. What ever happend to falling on your sword and accepting blame...after all the buck stops with Bush.

    yet, nothing is ever is fault.

    We are supposed to be the beacon of freedom and yet we are tourchering prisoners.

    Bush is a shameful reminder of dad's boy being passed on in scholl and get his rear end out of trouble..too bad he is nto talking to huis dad after all 2 heads are better than one.

    It is also interesting that once agin there is talk of the veep leaving. I would be shocked by that one, as it means Bush would actuallh have to work and run the government!
  12. #692  
    It is fact that Bush's numbers were awful before 9/11. It is fact that he was advised before athe hurricane, in the taped meeting and in a non taped meeting that the leeves could fail or the water could go over the leeves, I have posted an AP article earlier in this thread.

    The fact is the economy was much better under Clinton than Bush. It also is fact that Papa Bush's poll numbers were awful before and after the Gulf war and that he obviiously did nto get re-elected. His polling numbers now as former prez are still awful.

    Those are all facts!

    The prez stayed on his ranch, bike riding, clearing brush and playing a guitar he was given as a gift, as people died in the superbowl. People had no food and he sat on his duff!

    We have less alies sticking with us, this war than the last gulf war and the simple fact is that we basicly came away empty handed from what Bush and his group said we would find.

    It also is fact that the jails that we are running have come under much critisim for how they were run. the president decided that he did not need to use the FISA courts and that the Geneva conventions do not apply to us.

    Inspite of the fact that all is proveable you havew chose to not admit it. THIS IS ALL FACT AND WE ARE ALL STUCK WITH THES FACTS.

    Now I have staed that I think there more than likely will be a civil war in Iraq, that it will expand beyond Iraq and that Bush will go down in History as one of the worst prez of all time is my opinion.

    It is fact that in spite of the fatc that there was no link to Ben ladin and Iraq, we went to war. While the prez never stated a link, it is interesting that up until a few months ago, the polling of the troops, indicated that the majority of them felt Iraq was liked to Ben Ladin.

    I wonder why. Could it be they the troups were led to beleive this to help justfity us being there. I do not know, but I would like to know. I also would like to know why Bush did nto try the Fisa court first.

    I am sure I know the answer. It is because the Fisa courts permeters are to narrow for what Bush wanted. After all, they did ask congress to increase the scope of the FISA courts and congress refused, (it is fact that the conress refused Bush's attempt to expand the FISA courts).

    I feel that Bush and Cheney need oversite.

    After all it is fact that this by far is the most sectrive admistration in modern times. They are even keeping secret the ammount of drug cases not related to terror cases, (see this past Saturday's washington post.

    As much as you may support Bush,. the facts are spelled out above. Now you can critise me all you want, that is fuine.

    However, please keep in mind that Bush has a lot to answer for.

    I also shoudl mention, that it is fact that almost all of the cases involving the cosntitutionality of the patriot act, have been knocked down by the supreme court.

    So if you want to take exception with what I have said, please do not say it is opinion and no fact.

    Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  13. #693  
    Once again you mix your emotions with opinions and bad data. You have stated no facts, just opinionated banter and talking points. It doesn't fly. The economy was good during Clinton, probably the most fortunate President ever cause he did nothing for it. Thank God for the Republican House and Senate to save America during those years. Not sure if you knew this, but the economy is rolling right now.
  14. #694  
    Good points.

    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Once again you mix your emotions with opinions and bad data. You have stated no facts, just opinionated banter and talking points. It doesn't fly. The economy was good during Clinton, probably the most fortunate President ever cause he did nothing for it. Thank God for the Republican House and Senate to save America during those years. Not sure if you knew this, but the economy is rolling right now.
  15. #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Good points.
    Good points...
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #696  
    'Spin Spin Sugar' - Sneaker Pimps
  17. #697  
    Deep thoughts...Good points.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    'Spin Spin Sugar' - Sneaker Pimps
  18. #698  
    SURE THE DATA IS FLAWED..............


    JUST LIKE REPS...WHEN YOU ARE WRONG G-D FORBID YOU WOULD ADMIT IT...THE DATA MUST BE FLAWED...YOU MUST WORK FOR FOX TV!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  19. #699  
    I don't work for Fox. From the looks of your data, I'd say Fox is more reliable than the emotional blogs you quote. Come on, give me something concrete. You have provided nothing except for opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    SURE THE DATA IS FLAWED..............


    JUST LIKE REPS...WHEN YOU ARE WRONG G-D FORBID YOU WOULD ADMIT IT...THE DATA MUST BE FLAWED...YOU MUST WORK FOR FOX TV!
  20. #700  
    Clinton gets heckled

    For the record, I don't ever think it is appropriate for anyone to be heckled. It's childish and unproductive, but for whatever reason it always makes the news.

    I got a kick from the article where Clinton says...
    "I still really can't believe we only check five percent of our containers at all the ports in America, when we've had now for four years a study saying that unless we do 10 to 20 percent, there's no deterrent effect at all,"
    Wasn't he President at one time? Couldn't he done something about it? He may have been the most unproductive president of all time and the amazing thing about that is he had eight years to do it!

Posting Permissions