Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    Well I sure as hell won't leave myself from a righty...

...and I guess you support any racial remarks as long as they are not at your own race?
    Um, no. How did you come to that brilliant conclusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Um, no. How did you come to that brilliant conclusion?
    ...it figures.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    ...it figures.
    Don't it just?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Don't it just?
    OK, I am standing beside myself now
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    OK, I am standing beside myself now
    Great you're now in the perfect position to "leave yourself".

WIth regard to my earlier post--I figured one senseless post was a fitting response for another.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Great you're now in the perfect position to "leave yourself".

WIth regard to my earlier post--I figured one senseless post was a fitting response for another.
    And the reason of my post. Just type words, don't matter if they make sense.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    You are right. Absolutely no reason for an American Diplomat to ever leave their home. If the rest of the world wants anything from us, let them come crawling up to America and beg for some crumbs. How dare he go visit another country. That money could have been used on another generation of welfare kids, or to stop the infiltration of them daggon mexycans from coming over here.
    Or it could have been used to pay for Bush's much touted and non funded "no child left behind" or to help balance the budget.

BTW when did reps becoem tax and spend??? They sure are now!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    And the reason of my post. Just type words, don't matter if they make sense.
    I thought you two were going to throw down. I half expected him to tell you to meet him in the schoolyard at 3:15.
    Not that there is anything wrong with it, but are you gay?

No but I'll take your @$$ on a platter...
    btw, Associated Press is reporting an update to their 'lie' of a story about the timeline of the news on the breach. They are now admitting they got it wrong. Huh, imagine that , attack the President then admit that you had the story wrong to begin with. I knew something smelled all along. I wonder if the liberal media will make anything stick before the end of this two term president?

AP FRIDAY NIGHT CLARIFICATION ON BUSH/KATRINA VIDEO
    Fri Mar 03 2006 19:48:29 ET

Clarification: Katrina-Video story
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) _ In a March 1 story, The Associated Press reported that federal disaster officials warned President Bush and his homeland security chief before Hurricane Katrina struck that the storm could breach levees in New Orleans, citing confidential video footage of an Aug. 28 briefing among U.S. officials.

The Army Corps of Engineers considers a breach a hole developing in a levee rather than an overrun. The story should have made clear that Bush was warned about floodwaters overrunning the levees, rather than the levees breaking.

The day before the storm hit, Bush was told there were grave concerns that the levees could be overrun. It wasn't until the next morning, as the storm was hitting, that Michael Brown, then head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, said Bush had inquired about reports of breaches. Bush did not participate in that briefing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    btw, Associated Press is reporting an update to their 'lie' of a story about the timeline of the news on the breach. They are now admitting they got it wrong. Huh, imagine that , attack the President then admit that you had the story wrong to begin with. I knew something smelled all along. I wonder if the liberal media will make anything stick before the end of this two term president?

AP FRIDAY NIGHT CLARIFICATION ON BUSH/KATRINA VIDEO
    Fri Mar 03 2006 19:48:29 ET

Clarification: Katrina-Video story
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) _ In a March 1 story, The Associated Press reported that federal disaster officials warned President Bush and his homeland security chief before Hurricane Katrina struck that the storm could breach levees in New Orleans, citing confidential video footage of an Aug. 28 briefing among U.S. officials.

The Army Corps of Engineers considers a breach a hole developing in a levee rather than an overrun. The story should have made clear that Bush was warned about floodwaters overrunning the levees, rather than the levees breaking.

The day before the storm hit, Bush was told there were grave concerns that the levees could be overrun. It wasn't until the next morning, as the storm was hitting, that Michael Brown, then head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, said Bush had inquired about reports of breaches. Bush did not participate in that briefing.
    Nice, how hard did you have to dig for that one? I'm guessing it won't be on News at Eleven.
    Damage done. Public perception solidified. Retraction? Meaningless.
    Nice, how hard did you have to dig for that one? I'm guessing it won't be on News at Eleven.
    Just popped up as headline on Drudge, went to ap.org, but they have some sort subscription service so no go and hasn't popped up yet on Google news. Should by the morning. Really not surprised. Personally when something doesn't work from me, I try the exact opposite. You'd think libs and the media would just stop and stop blowing the 'fib' horn and see if that would work. Unfortunately, they are hell bent to ruin President Bush.
    Okay, it figures Drudge would be on top of it.

This is amazing! The most crucial distinction of the story... I mean, a distinction that, if made, would have told them there was no story to begin with... and nobody thought of it? I can't believe that. And now, a simple "clarification"??? Clarify my ****! This whole story should be retracted and the reporter fired.
    I suppose 'overrun' is much less serious than a breach since you simply can't stop a breach, but you can pump out 'overrun'. I wonder if libs are tired of the lies from the media?

Okay, it figures Drudge would be on top of it.

This is amazing! The most crucial distinction of the story... I mean, a distinction that, if made, would have told them there was no story to begin with... and nobody thought of it? I can't believe that. And now, a simple "clarification"??? Clarify my ****! This whole story should be retracted and the reporter fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I suppose 'overrun' is much less serious than a breach since you simply can't stop a breach, but you can pump out 'overrun'. I wonder if libs are tired of the lies from the media?
    Well yeah, it makes all the difference in the world. An "overrun" only last as long as the cause of the overrun--that being the hurricane. A breach last as long as it takes to raise the water outside the lake to the level of the lake itself. Unfortunately, I'm afraid the Leftists (the true believers, at least) won't ever get tired of the lies as long as those lies serve their purposes.
    BTW, good catch on that "clarification" business. This whole thing gets me angrier everytime I think about it.
    the fact still is that bush was like a bump on a pickle for 3 days while all of this was going on....play with a guitar and riding his bike! The simple faxt is that it was perhaps the first time that Bush ever knew that there are people ooutside oft he bubble he placed himself in. After all, he had hissy fit after hissy fit about seeing one woman protesting the war...those numbers grew and grew...The fact is he had to see them every time the limo pulled out of the ranch. Considering that he admits not to watch the news or read the papers, he has little to know idea what people thisnk of him.

HThey had to show him a dvd of what was going on down there before he publicly reacted...all because he was sleepwalking in time.. holeduo in his ranch afraid of seeing th eprotestors... so hero!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    BTW this was in my in box in the today...

Senator Bill Nelson
    Phone: 202-224-5274
    District Offices:
    Coral Gables: 305-536-5999
    Davie: 954-693-4851
    Ft. Myers: 239-334-7760
    Jacksonville: 904-346-4500
    Orlando: 888-671-4091
    Tallahassee: 850-942-8415
    Tampa: 813- 225-7040
    West Palm Beach: 561-514-0189

Senator Mel Martinez
    Phone: 202-224-3041
    District Offices:
    Coral Gables: 305-444-8332
    Jacksonville: 904-398-8586
    Orlando: 407-254-2573
    Pensacola: 850-433-2603
    Tampa: 813-207-0509

Congresswoman Ginny Brown-Waite
    Phone: 202-225-1002
    District Offices:
    Brooksville: 352-799-8354
    Dade City: 352-567-6707

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch the video from the associated press showing Bush receiving a personal briefing on the threat to the levees. Three days later, he told the country "nobody anticipated" that they would breach

Dear MoveOn member,

Thanks in part to your efforts, the breaking news about Bush's smoking gun Katrina warning is spreading rapidly. However, the media is largely not featuring what is perhaps the most obvious revelation of all: Bush lied.

Three days after Katrina hit, Bush famously told the country on national television, "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.''1 But, today, we can all watch the leading hurricane scientist in the country personally informing President Bush, 24 hours before the storm hit, that a levee breach was a "very, very serious concern."2

Although the original AP article and video focus on this clear contradiction, other major papers and television outlets have largely missed it.3 We know that one of the most effective ways to get the media to cover something is to get members of Congress to talk publicly about it—so calling Congress is our next step.

Some members of Congress have already spoken up, and they need support. Others have not, and they need to hear that their constituents are counting on them to step forward.

Please call Rep. Brown-Waite and Sens. Nelson and Martinez today and ask them to speak out about Bush's newly discovered failure and dishonesty in responding to Katrina. We've included phone numbers for you on the right.

Then, please report your call by clicking here:

http://political.moveon.org/call?tg=...t0Hr0rbe1w&t=1

Why is it so important to keep this story in the news?

First, the president needs to be held accountable. But the various options for accountability we have, running from an independent investigation to censure or beyond, will only become politically feasible when Congress sees that Bush's failure and dishonesty has been irrefutably exposed. These new revelations are a rare "smoking gun" and, if they get the attention they deserve, they could help show Congress that the public has had enough.

Second, the Bush administration hasn't stopped failing the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Countless thousands of survivors remain homeless, much of the Gulf Coast region is still in shambles and Bush's new budget reads like Katrina didn't even happen. By forcing the public attention back onto the hurricane and its aftermath, we make it politically impossible for the president to keep sweeping Katrina victims under the rug.

If members of Congress speak out about the president's lie, that alone will be enough to propel this story forward in these next few crucial days. Honesty is an issue that every representative, Democrat or Republican, can take a clear stand on—so every call matters.

Please call Rep. Brown-Waite and Sens. Nelson and Martinez today and ask them to speak out about the President's newly discovered failure and dishonesty in responding to Katrina.

Then, please report your call by clicking here:

http://political.moveon.org/call?tg=...t0Hr0rbe1w&t=2

Thanks for all that you do,

– Ben, Carrie, Tanya, Jennifer and the MoveOn Political Action Team
    Friday, March 03, 2006

P.S. Check out this great editorial in today's San Francisco Examiner.

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=1518

Here's an excerpt:

In fact, the grainy video of Bush's response was the most damning portrait of an oblivious commander in chief since, well, this same president continued to methodically read "My Pet Goat" to a Florida elementary school class after being told of the attacks on the World Trade Center buildings on Sept. 11, 2001.

Sources:

1. "Bush was told levees could fail, video shows," Seattle Times/AP, March 2, 2006 http://www.moveon.org/r?r=1511

2. "Video Shows Bush Warned before Katrina Hit," The Associated Press, March 01 2006
    http://www.moveon.org/r?r=1506

3. "Bush not questioned about pre-Katrina briefing," KWTX news, March 02, 2006
    http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/2395001.html

Support our member-driven organization: MoveOn.org Political Action is entirely funded by our 3.3 million members. We have no corporate contributors, no foundation grants, no money from unions. Our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. If you'd like to support our work, you can give now at:

http://political.moveon.org/donate/e...t0Hr0rbe1w&t=3

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://political.moveon.org/?id=6967...t0Hr0rbe1w&t=4
    Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscription Management:
    This is a message from MoveOn.org Political Action. To change your email address, update your contact info, or remove yourself (JAY M SILVERMAN) from this list, please visit our subscription management page at:
    http://moveon.org/s?i=6967-5704516-H...8Vi4t0Hr0rbe1w
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    the fact still is that bush was like a bump on a pickle for 3 days while all of this was going on....play with a guitar and riding his bike! The simple faxt is that it was perhaps the first time that Bush ever knew that there are people ooutside oft he bubble he placed himself in. After all, he had hissy fit after hissy fit about seeing one woman protesting the war...those numbers grew and grew...The fact is he had to see them every time the limo pulled out of the ranch. Considering that he admits not to watch the news or read the papers, he has little to know idea what people thisnk of him.

HThey had to show him a dvd of what was going on down there before he publicly reacted...all because he was sleepwalking in time.. holeduo in his ranch afraid of seeing th eprotestors... so hero!
    With all due respect, Jay, I think you're mingling fact with opinion. The fact is that we don't really know what happened yet. But I, for one, don't want to live in a nation where every time something goes wrong we blame the Fed. There are a lot of layers of government between me and the President and I pay for all of them. When something goes wrong in my town I'm going to ask if I'm doing everything I can before I go to the government. If I still need help I'll look to my family, friends, church, the city, county, state, and Fed... in that order.