Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    I'm not going to blame Brown. I blame the Louisana Governor and New Orleans Mayor. They were not prepared, certainly not like the State of Florida prepares.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    I can't believe he didn't read the minds of the local and state leaders as well. The man is a God to the Reublicans...then again his arrogance and disregard for the welfare of the american public only shows he's human. Even if he thinks he's above admitting when he's wrong. Go ahead and blame Brown.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    That doesn't even make sense. And it is 'liar'.
    I assumed he was praising the president on his ability to take naps. With this poster you never know.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I assumed he was praising the president on his ability to take naps.
    I'm sure he's good at that, and at spending time on his ranch.

But he is still a liar, don't you agree? Or do you prefer to think he forgot he was told about the risk of the levees breaching two days before saying nobody thought about the possibilty of the levees breaching? Instead of admitting he lied you could e.g. claim he suffers from Alzheimer's disease or something rather.

Oh, and it's "praising for his ability" and "President", is it not?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    No, I don't think he lied. Why be such a hater regarding Bush? Was he mean to you?

Quote Originally Posted by clulup

But he is still a liar, don't you agree? Or do you prefer to think he forgot he was told about the risk of the levees breaching two days before saying nobody thought about the possibilty of the levees breaching? Instead of admitting he lied you could e.g. claim he suffers from Alzheimer's disease or something rather.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

I know this concept has proven to be difficult for some to grasp, but I will try to explain it once again.

The federal govt used the information that the LA State Gov't (Blanco) provided after the storm made landfall concerning the situation in her state. Mrs. Blanco stated in a briefing to federal officials that she did not believe the levees had failed, that there was flooding, but not from failure of the levees, she also stated the situation could change. The federal gov't (President Bush) relied on assesments provided by the state gov't (Blanco) to make the statement that it was not anticipated that the levee would fail. This statement was made regarding the failure of the levees after the storm, not as some would like to make it appear regarding the storm before landfall.
    Again, no one is excused for the failures after the storm, but to answer your question, No, I do not think this would be considered a lie, not from the president, not from the state or local officials. Bad data maybe, but not a lie.
    I've been googling but I can't find the actual transcripts of these tapes. Anyone know where they are?
    Bush=Professional lier. He's the only one perfect for his own job.
    Another good Adlib line. I think if you place any president's name in there and then the statement is still true. Anything from Nixon to "I have never had any sexual relationships with that women" to "Read my lips....." to.....

Okay, just finished reading Aug. 28 and Aug. 29 transcripts of the Katrina berifings. I can tell you that nobody raised the concern that the levee walls would break. There was plenty of concern that the levees would be "topped" but that's not the same as breaking. People seem to be conveniently ignoring that difference. In fact, the forecast on the 28th only suggested "minimal flooding in the city of New Orleans itself".

So, here's an illustration: take a styrofoam cup and fill it to the top with water. Now, stick your fingers in the cups and swish them around violently. How much water do you see outside the cup? Now, do the experiment again, only this time rip the side of that cup off. How much water do you see outside the cup now? Quite a difference, don't you think?

Here's another situation of the media hyping a story where there is no story and not telling the whole truth because the whole truth confirms that there is no story.
    The man is totally in over his head. Now he is in Pakastan and he has a force of 5000 aAmerican troops, sec. serv. etc, all at our expense. What a waste of $ on him! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    The man is totally in over his head. Now he is in Pakastan and he has a force of 5000 aAmerican troops, sec. serv. etc, all at our expense. What a waste of $ on him! Take care, Jay
    You are right. Absolutely no reason for an American Diplomat to ever leave their home. If the rest of the world wants anything from us, let them come crawling up to America and beg for some crumbs. How dare he go visit another country. That money could have been used on another generation of welfare kids, or to stop the infiltration of them daggon mexycans from coming over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    You are right. Absolutely no reason for an American Diplomat to ever leave their home. If the rest of the world wants anything from us, let them come crawling up to America and beg for some crumbs. How dare he go visit another country. That money could have been used on another generation of welfare kids, or to stop the infiltration of them daggon mexycans from coming over here.
    Good God ignorance at its best... Wow, Conservative Racism, from a Slackjawed Yokle at that...Lets see I could go on and on about Mexicans, especially being of Latin decent....should I go there with you??? Well if something happens to Bush over there....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 03/03/2006 at 05:23 PM.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Good God ignorance at its best... Lets see I could go on and on about Mexicans, especially being of Latin decent....should I go there with you??? Well if something happens to Bush over there....
    Want some cheese with your WHINE
    No but I'll take your @$$ on a platter...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No but I'll take your @$$ on a platter...
    I think the recess bell just rang so you better go back to class now before your teacher comes looking for you.
    You worry about your own slackjawed self there Cletus. I'll be just fine.
    You worry about your own slackjawed self there Cletus. I'll be just fine.
    I guess racial stereotypes are okay if you're on the Left.
    Well I sure as hell won't leave myself from a righty...

...and I guess you support any racial remarks as long as they are not at your own race?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Well I sure as hell won't leave myself from a righty...
    How does one "leave myself"?
    In simple terms "you push me, and I push you in front of on-coming traffic." Simple enough for you?