Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    No, one was honoring a person's life passions and the other was taking the opportunity to insult every woman at the service.

Two very different things.
    How was Carters comments directed toward President Bush honoring her life's passion? I call BS on you trying to differentiate the two. Both were inappropriate.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    He actually said it while covering the funeral live. So disgusting. If there where a hell, there would be a very special place for people like Limbaugh.
    Agreed, right along side of anyone else who used her funeral to play politics (Carter and the Rev)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    How was Carters comments directed toward President Bush honoring her life's passion? I call BS on you trying to differentiate the two. Both were inappropriate.
    Because, they were knocking The President. Turn the cards around, if it were a President Kerry or Gore, and people at a funeral were slamming them...well, you know the reaction we'd see.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Considering GWB can't run in '08, but Hillary can, that would seem more likely. But even I don't think she was there to scrounge votes.

It was to honor and pay respect to someone who died.
    Bah! It was to try to obtain '06 votes. But you keep telling yourself he's a "uniter not a divider" then look at the course of this planet the past few years.

They were honoring the political struggles of her life which where her passion! If you where specifically spied upon by the gov't then privacy would most certainly be an important issue for you. And it was for her.

Did you want them to just talk about baking cookies. When you're stuck in the ground do you want people to talk about your accuracy in filling in your tax-form or the things you where passionate about in your life.

A woman was honored for her life's work and it happened to be a life of passionate left-leaning politics. So what's your damage heather?
    If there where a hell, there would be a very special place for people like Limbaugh.
    Perhaps, but no doubt he would be joined by many of the people you revere.....just the way it is for politics.
    Bah! It was to try to obtain '06 votes. But you keep telling yourself he's a "uniter not a divider" then look at the course of this planet the past few years.

You being up in Seattle, I guess the Steelers winning the Super Bore was somehow the fault of Republicans too...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Agreed, right along side of anyone else who used her funeral to play politics (Carter and the Rev)

Again. Honoring Coretta's life works, which was left leaning politics is not playing politics. Just because Bush chose to attend you want that to be ignored when looking over her life accomplishments? If the KKK attended would you want her civil rights championing to not be brought up?

Grow up. Bush played politics by choosing to attend. He's gotta sit there and take it. If there where an afterlife, she would most certainly have been laughuing her *** off at the squirming little twit.

Edited to add; and to suggest Jimmy Carter has done anything other than make this planet a FAR BETTER PLACE is either ignorant or just plain mean. The man works tirelessly for the betterment of our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You being up in Seattle, I guess the Steelers winning the Super Bore was somehow the fault of Republicans too...
    Translated to, "I really have no arguement so I'll try to distract ..."

(The chop blocking call was the cherry on top, don't you think?)
    Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I question if she would have wanted the political talk, but that is another story.
    Wow! You really have no idea what that woman did with her life.

It is one thing to share how she spent her life, it is another to grand stand for political agendas during a eulogy. Maybe I just just have a warped since of respect during such occasions.
    Translated to, "I really have no arguement so I'll try to distract ..."

No, I've made my arguement. I don't think a funeral should be politicized. Even if the deceased is a political figure, I feel it's not the right forum to spout off. Just the way I feel. If it were the opposite, such as the Reagan funeral, and Mr. Bush started slamming Democrats, I'd be disgusted at that.

If you think Bush was trying to gain support, then you'd have to say that parts of her funeral were Democrats trying to rally their base as well.

(The chop blocking call was the cherry on top, don't you think?)
    That was a blatently bad call. The "push off" in the end zone was equally bad as well. I liked how the ref didn't throw the flag the second the "interference" occured, but waited until Jackson had come down with full possession of the ball at his feet, and then pulled the flag out. Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    It is one thing to share how she spent her life, it is another to grand stand for political agendas during a eulogy. Maybe I just just have a warped since(sic) of respect during such occasions.
    Respect is to share what a person felt passionately about in their lives. The fact that it allowed for current political topic 'grand standing' is due to the current political events, like domestic wire-tapping, being something Coretta felt strongly about and for good reason.
    Please tell us the life story of Coretta and what she felt strongly about.

Respect is to share what a person felt passionately about in their lives. The fact that it allowed for current political topic 'grand standing' is due to the current political events, like domestic wire-tapping, being something Coretta felt strongly about and for good reason.
    The King Center, Coretta Scott King Biography

No where does the biography talk about how she hated Bush, wiretapping, love Democrats, nothing like that all. dat, I couldn't find info on the scorn she had for what you are implying 'the racist Republicans'.

DAT PLEASE CITE SOMETHING RACIST ABOUT BUSH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    The King Center, Coretta Scott King Biography

No where does the biography talk about how she hated Bush, wiretapping, love Democrats, nothing like that all. dat, I couldn't find info on the scorn she had for what you are implying 'the racist Republicans'.

DAT PLEASE CITE SOMETHING RACIST ABOUT BUSH.
    ATM. PLEASE CITE WHERE I SAID BUSH WAS RACIST
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    They were honoring the political struggles of her life which where her passion! If you where specifically spied upon by the gov't then privacy would most certainly be an important issue for you. And it was for her.

Did you want them to just talk about baking cookies. When you're stuck in the ground do you want people to talk about your accuracy in filling in your tax-form or the things you where passionate about in your life.

A woman was honored for her life's work and it happened to be a life of passionate left-leaning politics. So what's your damage heather?
    IF they were honoring her passions of unification why take stabs during the service. Open you eyes and your mind and you will see a whole new world awaits you, or keep your democrat blinders on and accept their inappropriate actions while lambasting others The statement by President Carter, Rush and the Rev were all out of line for the occasion.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Again. Honoring Coretta's life works, which was left leaning politics is not playing politics. Just because Bush chose to attend you want that to be ignored when looking over her life accomplishments? If the KKK attended would you want her civil rights championing to not be brought up?

Grow up. Bush played politics by choosing to attend. He's gotta sit there and take it. If there where an afterlife, she would most certainly have been laughuing her *** off at the squirming little twit.

Edited to add; and to suggest Jimmy Carter has done anything other than make this planet a FAR BETTER PLACE is either ignorant or just plain mean. The man works tirelessly for the betterment of our species.
    If Bush played politics did Hillary? You can't have it both ways. I think they were there to honor the individual, it is sad some turned it political, but not surprising since some turn every event political (Katrina comes to mind real quick).
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    DOMESTIC wiretapping!!!!! When did that happen? Cripes get someone to investigate that, I think there are few folks looking into some international wiretaps that could be better utilized to find out about this new allegation of domestic wiretapping.
    Sour Grapes Cardio. Sour Grapes.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Sour Grapes Cardio. Sour Grapes.
    Why? I blame all 3, you excuse or even applaud 2 out of the 3. Double standard?