Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    So Nonobeez.....I take it you are a right wing conservative rep?
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02/08/2006 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    So Nonobeez.....it take it you are a right wing conservative rep?
    I have been called worse

My friends think I am CIA... Or was that undercover DEA? I can't 'member
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Prices are set by supply and demand... I myself think that fuel taxes should be raised so that some of the fuel profits can be put to better use. The end result would be the same price for gas
    You really believe this..............really?
    End result would be higher taxes not lower gas prices - just how would you propose these higher taxes would be paid for with profits and not just passsed on to the consumer?????????
    Economics 101.... Prices are set by supply and demand.

Why is oil so expensive? because OPEC sets limits on sale of Barrels a day. If they sell more, the price drops.... and they make less.

Sometimes selling cheaper makes you more money, like in burgers or tacos maybe. There is a sweet spot for optimizing profits, and it's different for different things.

So, raise the taxes on gas, Exxon tries to pass the cost to the consumers... consumers buy less... there is a higher fuel reserve and less profits.... prices drop back to a steady state to sell more fuel... profits increase... etc... The market can be manipulated though (might it be now?)

I think the US should even lower the max speed limit back to 55 to conserve fuel and increase the gas guzzler tax.

Us needs to raise taxes at least for the rich and for profitable corporations. can we live without Social Security, Medicare, pension plans, etc...

Do you think that if we got rid of the fuel tax that gas would be much cheaper? Drop the gallon price to $.50 and me and my mustang would be so gone... Untill I have to wait 2 hours to buy 5 gallons like people did in the 70's because there is a shortage.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    In the case of Bush both Baby Bush and Papa Bush, the way to look at it is as follows:

"I caught them in the truth"! That is how much they lie! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    So many Clinton lies, so little interest.........Trolling again I see..........
    No one died when Clinton lied... enough said....oh and hell yes Bush lied, and is still lying. They even mocked his sorry **** at Mrs. King's funeral...How funny is that?
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    No one died when Clinton lied... enough said....oh and hell yes Bush lied, and is still lying. They even mocked his sorry **** at Mrs. King's funeral...How funny is that?
    That wasn't funny. That was disgusting and classless. It's a funeral. Keep your goddamn politics out of it. That is not the time and place....though I'm not surprised.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Oh its not funny at all. I just thought OMG they even mock the man in front of his face and yet he still doesn't get it. Well it happened and its done and over with...get over it.
    Name one person that has died as a result of Bush lying.

Well I can't name ALL the troops that died out there but...lets hope both of my brothers who are over there in Afganistan and Iraq now are not on the same death list.

I don't need names...
    Well at least name the lie.

Well I can't name ALL the troops that died out there but...lets hope both of my brothers who are over there in Afganistan and Iraq now are not on the same death list.

I don't need names...
    OMG...*(shaking head)...never mind. OMG...
    For a fleeting moment I thought you were on to something. Well, I'm glad you now realize that Bush never lied.

OMG...*(shaking head)...never mind. OMG...
    So, do you hold the intel agencies of the UN, England, Russia, Israel, France, Germany, Saudi, etc....with the same level of saying the exact same "lies"...or is everyone else excused and it is just Bush that lied?

As far as the funeral.....This is the SECOND time the dems have turned a funeral service into a self promoting political platform. They got blasted by the general public then and still did not learn their lesson. No matter what your political view it is totally inappropriate to disregard the reverence of the event for self political promotion. It lacks character and show absolutely NO, ZERO, NIL, character at all!!!! But then again, that is nothing more than MHO.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02/09/2006 at 01:49 PM.
    Really I can give a rats @$$ about the "confederate" conservatives or whatever you claim yourself to be. Dr. Kings family stood up when they bashed bushy boy. I enjoyed every minute of it. It happened deal with it....oh bush is this and bush is that? He's an ***** of a president for one and whats even worse is that fact of the matter that when he is wrong republicans are toooooo stupid to know other wise....

Oh and thanks for the !!!! I know I'm right! I'm always right!!!

Bush administration and republicans in general...

Have a nice day!
    typical...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I enjoyed every minute of it. It happened deal with it. He's an ***** of a president for one and whats even worse is that fact of the matter that when he is wrong republicans are toooooo stupid to know other wise....

I know I'm right! I'm always right!!!

Boy that makes for a productive unbiased debate of the issues.

Are you sure you are not Barye under a new name?
    I can honestly say that what the Pastor and President Carter did at C. King's funeral does not bother me. I question if she would have wanted the political talk, but that is another story. Each time something idiotic like that occurs, people on the fence to vote for D or R's shift to the --> right.

btw, I don't blame you for not answering my question about what lie Bush made, you appear to be a novice politically. It is best if you don't attempt to debate here.

Really I can give a rats @$$ about the "confederate" conservatives or whatever you claim yourself to be. Dr. Kings family stood up when they bashed bushy boy. I enjoyed every minute of it. It happened deal with it....oh bush is this and bush is that? He's an ***** of a president for one and whats even worse is that fact of the matter that when he is wrong republicans are toooooo stupid to know other wise....

Oh and thanks for the !!!! I know I'm right! I'm always right!!!

Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Economics 101.... Prices are set by supply and demand.

So, raise the taxes on gas, Exxon tries to pass the cost to the consumers... consumers buy less... there is a higher fuel reserve and less profits.... prices drop back to a steady state to sell more fuel... profits increase... etc... The market can be manipulated though (might it be now?)
    Refer to your Economics 101 statement - demand in the US will not decline appreciably unless the tax to which you refer dramatically increases the cost of the fuel. Over time, US consumption tends to float up to "normal" levels as people become accustomed to higher prices. If you really think corporations would not pass on the tax to the consumer you're living in a fantasy world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I can honestly say that what the Pastor and President Carter did at C. King's funeral does not bother me. I question if she would have wanted the political talk, but that is another story. Each time something idiotic like that occurs, people on the fence to vote for D or R's shift to the --> right.

btw, I don't blame you for not answering my question about what lie Bush made, you appear to be a novice politically. It is best if you don't attempt to debate here.
    Allow me to argue on behalf of my esteemed colleague Mr. Wolf;

Ahhhhhh, Bush Lied!onE!!1 Monkey!! Moron!!!! **** Cheney!! Rove!!! Ahhhh....wait, Al Franken isn't on yet. Let me get back later.

Hillary 2008!!!