Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    to the no-fly zones he ignored,
    please cite something other than the equivalent of Drudge for this please.

Never said that, it was one of the great UN programs that did so much to ensure the world that Saddam was in compliance. Very similar to the no-fly zones he ignored, the UN weapons inspections that he skirted, the inspectors he kicked out, the buildings he kept locked, and the list goes on and on. You seem to be ok with all of the deceits, outright lies, and infractions of the Saddam regime. I think Saddam had plenty of time to come clean on the WMD programs, I think the UN gave him every oppurtunity over 10 years and evidently so did the majority of the leaders of this country, both republican as well as democrat.
    None of which necessitates the invasion/occupation of a country whose dictator is all but toothless AND has U.N. inspectors on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    ...which the Neo-Cons poo-poo'd because they new their house of lies for reasons to invade would come down on them at any moment.
    This kind of mindless idiocy really doesn't merit a response.

Let's assume for a minute you're not nuts. OK, the evil neo-cons (do you know what one is???) hatch a plot based on lies to invade Iraq. Fine. To what point and purpose? Surely the deception would be uncovered as soon as the invasion was complete. Then what?

I mean it. Seek help.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    You're kidding, right??? Ritter has been thoroughly discredited. Prior to the invasion he was being paid by companies with ties to Hussein's government for consulting services. You trust this guy?

Seek help now.
    David Kay
    This kind of mindless idiocy really doesn't merit a response.

Let's assume for a minute you're not nuts. OK, the evil neo-cons (do you know what one is???) hatch a plot based on lies to invade Iraq. Fine. To what point and purpose? Surely the deception would be uncovered as soon as the invasion was complete. Then what?

I mean it. Seek help.
    For cripes sake, have you NEVER read their website?!?!?!?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    please cite something other than the equivalent of Drudge for this please.

None of which necessitates the invasion/occupation of a country whose dictator is all but toothless AND has U.N. inspectors on the ground.
    #1. I was there.
    #2. How about a simple google search
    http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9901/04/iraq.no.fly/

Toothless? Well, that was what the UN inspectors were trying to verify, remember the UN resolution and the deadlines? Saddam would not allow them to complete through numerous activities as mentioned earlier. "shakes head".
    #1. I was there.
    Means ABSOLUTELY nothing.

#2. How about a simple google search
    http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9901/04/iraq.no.fly/
    From the article you quote:
    The Pentagon said the violation was not "militarily significant."

Toothless? Well, that was what the UN inspectors were trying to verify, remember the UN resolution and the deadlines? Saddam would not allow them to complete through numerous activities as mentioned earlier. "shakes head".
    Shake your head all you want. Sure the dumb *** played games with the inspectors probably trying to give the impression that he did have WMD as not to appear weak to all the neighbors he pissed off over the decades. Doesn't require an invasion when you have people on the ground already.
    David Kay
    Would this be the same David Kay who's report said Iraq retained both the desire and ability to rapidly reconstitute his WMD program were he left unobserved?
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    For cripes sake, have you NEVER read their website?!?!?!?
    Yeah they're pure evil

I subscribe to the Dark Lord Kristol's journal, the Weekly Standard, so I'm a bit familiar with neo-con thought.

That doesn't really answer my question, though. Why the deception when it would obviously be uncovered? This is why I think you are spouting a nutty conspiracy theory.
    Would this be the same David Kay who's report said Iraq retained both the desire and ability to rapidly reconstitute his WMD program were he left unobserved?
    Does "unobserved" equate to "uninvaded"? No.
    Why the deception when it would obviously be uncovered? This is why I think you are spouting a nutty conspiracy theory.
    Um, I believe it is being uncovered.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Means ABSOLUTELY nothing.

From the article you quote:
    The Pentagon said the violation was not "militarily significant."

Shake your head all you want. Sure the dumb *** played games with the inspectors probably trying to give the impression that he did have WMD as not to appear weak to all the neighbors he pissed off over the decades. Doesn't require an invasion when you have people on the ground already.
    Does not surprise me that you feel military serving their country means ABSOLUTELY nothing. I along with my fellow military men and women will continue to protect your freedom to say that.

As I said do a simple google search, that was the first article referencing the no-fly-zone that popped up. So what if that one incident in 1999 was militarily insigficant, it went against the UN mandates and continued a trend. It is amazing how some people can be so closed minded.

Well if he was playing games he lost.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Give him another 35 years and he will change, really 10 years to adhere to the madates really is'nt enough.
    Does not surprise me that you feel military serving their country means ABSOLUTELY nothing. I along with my fellow military men and women will continue to protect your freedom to say that.
    Way to play that "support the troops card"! I never said one way or another that military service means nothing, I said 'being there' meant nothing to your expertise of the subject. And I will continue to support the ACLU to help protect your right to free speech within this country.

As I said do a simple google search, that was the first article referencing the no-fly-zone that popped up. So what if that one incident in 1999 was militarily insigficant, it went against the UN mandates and continued a trend. It is amazing how some people can be so closed minded.

Well if he was playing games he lost.
    Yup and apparently so did we.
    Like most liberals you seem to prefer to continue failed policies to the bitter end. Seen from 2003, inspections were accomplishing nothing. The public record is exceedingly clear on this fact. Your denial doesn't change the facts.

I pointed out that Kay's report concluded that Iraq continued to have a capacity and desire for WMD. You gloss over that fact even though it undercuts your entire argument. So he did have a WMD capability - in violation of U.N. resolutions and the 1991 cease-fire agreement. 10+ years of inspections had clearly not worked.

You clearly have only a very selective interest in the facts of what happened. You appear to only be interested in that which brings our current government lower. This grassy-knoll, fever-swamp opposition divides us and makes us all weaker and more vulnerable. You have every right to say whaever vile thing you wish. I have every right to condemn you for it.

There's really nothing more I can say on this. You didn't reason yourself into your position - no one else can reason you out of it.

Um, I believe it is being uncovered.
    Sure. You wait there for the results. I'll be on the other (sane) side of the grassy-knoll.
    I pointed out that Kay's report concluded that Iraq continued to have a capacity and desire for WMD. You gloss over that fact even though it undercuts your entire argument. So he did have a WMD capability - in violation of U.N. resolutions and the 1991 cease-fire agreement. 10+ years of inspections had clearly not worked.
    And again I will point out the U.N. inspectors where on the ground in Iraq and told by the Neo-Cons to get out we're about to bomb. I'll also point out that "capacity" and "desire" are loose terms which do not equal "possess".

Sure. You wait there for the results. I'll be on the other (sane) side of the grassy-knoll.
    Your side of the grassy-knoll seems to be losing participants given the election results. But you just keep running that kool-aid stand over there.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    And again I will point out the U.N. inspectors where on the ground in Iraq and told by the Neo-Cons to get out we're about to bomb. I'll also point out that "capacity" and "desire" are loose terms which do not equal "possess".

Your side of the grassy-knoll seems to be losing participants given the election results. But you just keep running that kool-aid stand over there.
    UN inspectors on the ground doing what for the past 10 years?????

Election results:
    Soros backed iniatives in Ohio fail
    Same sex marriage fails in TX
    Repub mayor wins big in NY
    A religious democrat who will not attempt to overturn the death penalty wins in VA

Hold on to your hope DaT, hold on

Election results:
    A religious democrat who will not attempt to overturn the death penalty wins in VA

Hold on to your hope DaT, hold on
    What flavor are your talking points today?
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

These were new ones that were close to finishing their work

Election results:

Which initiatives were these? I back election reform across the board so I was a little sad to see these fail.

Yep. I think the gays should lobby for civil unions that offer the same benefits as marriage.

Yep. Although he was a Dem up till 2001 switching parties so he could run.

Nonetheless a Dem won. What is wrong with a religious Dem, is it a shock to you that the Repubs aren't the only ones who believe in god? I believe in the DP if certain criteria is met.

Looks to me like the pendulum is slipping from it's perch on the right.
    Pennsylvania board sued over intelligent design ousted

All eight members of the Pennsylvania school board that had been sued for introducing the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in biology class were swept out of office Tuesday by a slate of challengers who campaigned against the intelligent-design policy.

SCHWEET!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG

These were new ones that were close to finishing their work

Election results:

Which initiatives were these? I back election reform across the board so I was a little sad to see these fail.

Yep. I think the gays should lobby for civil unions that offer the same benefits as marriage.

Yep. Although he was a Dem up till 2001 switching parties so he could run.

Nonetheless a Dem won. What is wrong with a religious Dem, is it a shock to you that the Repubs aren't the only ones who believe in god? I believe in the DP if certain criteria is met.

Looks to me like the pendulum is slipping from it's perch on the right.
    New ones huh, only after 10 years close to finishing?

OK, a conservative dem won, they are on the move now.