Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 124
  1. #101  
    I don't want to see it closed. There are a few of us who simply want to be updated on her condition.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ...clownracer you're really young to be married...i mean you and I are the same age....
    Since you're going off the original topic....
    since when was marriage given a minimum age requirement?
  3. #103  
    Racer, I want you to know that I am praying for your wife and family.

    *I am requesting that this thread remain open. While there is a good chance he might not post in it again, should he choose to he should be able to come here and update the community on his wife's condition and what he's dealing with. For those that don't like the thread, the respectful thing to do would be to simply not post in nor read it.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Since you're going off the original topic....
    since when was marriage given a minimum age requirement?
    it was a comment....never implied that it was too young...never said people shouldnt get married so young...it was just a comment...stop looking for second meaning in it...sheesh

    and again i wasnt going off topic...this post has caused me to go off topic becuase of your inquest into my post...thread is aboot racer's wifey..and of coourse his family
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I don't want to see it closed. There are a few of us who simply want to be updated on her condition.
    If she is as sick as he claims, he doesn't need to read all the crap. If he's just trying to get money from us, we don't need this crap. Therefore, it's best (IMO) to lock it now.

    Anyways, he ought to be by her side if she's really sick, and not wasting time posting in a forum to begin with.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #106  
    at times like this, the more support you have, wherever it comes from, the better off you are in trying to stay strong for others.
    maybe posting here, in some small way, helps clownracer cope with the overwhelming situation he's dealing with!! the more outlets you have for stress like this the better.

    nothing wrong with that.
    most people's hearts go out to those in situations like this, and want to help. Its surprising the reactions of some people to others in tough spots like this.
    wow.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    at times like this, the more support you have, wherever it comes from, the better off you are in trying to stay strong for others.
    maybe posting here, in some small way, helps clownracer cope with the overwhelming situation he's dealing with!! the more outlets you have for stress like this the better.

    nothing wrong with that.
    most people's hearts go out to those in situations like this, and want to help. Its surprising the reactions of some people to others in tough spots like this.
    wow.
    I agree whole heartedly. It's disappointing to see some of the responses in this thread. Racer is an adult and I am sure he's able to decide for himself whether he's up to post here or not.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If she is as sick as he claims, he doesn't need to read all the crap. If he's just trying to get money from us, we don't need this crap. Therefore, it's best (IMO) to lock it now.

    Anyways, he ought to be by her side if she's really sick, and not wasting time posting in a forum to begin with.
    He's got a treo. He isn't online 24/7. I think he has sent 3 or 4 messages over the past few days. (edit: 2 yesterday, 1 from 5 days ago, and several over the couple of days before that) That is not a lot.

    Let him be. He doesn't need us to keep offering opinions on his priorities. That is not the advice he asked for.

    If you don't think he is being honest, that is fine. It wouldn't be the first time someone wasn't honest. But just stop responding. The mods will close it or talk to him if they think its necessary.

    Besides, there are so many other threads out there more deserving of your special input! (I REALLY DID mean that as a compliment!)

    Take care.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    Besides, there are so many other threads out there more deserving of your special input! (I REALLY DID mean that as a compliment!)

    Take care.
    Thanx Otter. I've said what I had to say on this.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. #110  
    After reading this thread to the end I am dazed at how rude and empty some of you really are. But that's not why I come back, I would like to know how Racer's wife is doing and it's refreshing to read the best wishes and sincere concern from the TreoCentral community.

    However, I can't believe some of you even insinuated that he should not even bother to come here now, like you should be telling ANYBODY what they should freakin be doing. Maybe coming here gives him something to do and something else to think about. Folks who own Treo's are not your run of the mill cell phone toter anyway and if it opens up an avenue for him during a dark time of his life then that is a good thing.

    As far as closing the thread, I say warn then shut down the offenders if their offensive comments continue. I know I won't miss them. Not one of them.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  11. #111  
    With all due respect Otter


    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    He's got a treo. He isn't online 24/7. I think he has sent 3 or 4 messages over the past few days. (edit: 2 yesterday, 1 from 5 days ago, and several over the couple of days before that) That is not a lot.

    Let him be. He doesn't need us to keep offering opinions on his priorities. That is not the advice he asked for.

    If you don't think he is being honest, that is fine. It wouldn't be the first time someone wasn't honest. But just stop responding. The mods will close it or talk to him if they think its necessary.

    Besides, there are so many other threads out there more deserving of your special input! (I REALLY DID mean that as a compliment!)

    Take care.
    No one has said he is being dishonest. I pointed out some errors in his information. For his benefit mostly. Having posted his situation here in a PUBLIC forum is tantamount to asking for every kind of comment and criticism. I thought about doing the same thing when my daughter was born but though better of it. I didn't want to be accused of mining for sympathy. And since I dont really "know" any of the users here I thought it would best done elsewhere.
    If you choose as clownracer has obviously done here, to open your personal life to the world in this sort of venue, you have to be prepared for what may come. If you want a private forum with only supportive comments you must create one of your own.

    And since this is a public forum there will always be those who are suckers and those who think it's bs, those with advice and those who just want to be supportive. I just reread this whole thread and I dont see anything from anyone that is overtly negative, save maybe clownracer using the f word.

    Insertion (and anyone else for that matter) is just as entitled to his opinion as anyone else whatever it might be.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    With all due respect Otter

    No one has said he is being dishonest. I pointed out some errors in his information. For his benefit mostly. Having posted his situation here in a PUBLIC forum is tantamount to asking for every kind of comment and criticism. I thought about doing the same thing when my daughter was born but though better of it. I didn't want to be accused of mining for sympathy. And since I dont really "know" any of the users here I thought it would best done elsewhere.
    If you choose as clownracer has obviously done here, to open your personal life to the world in this sort of venue, you have to be prepared for what may come. If you want a private forum with only supportive comments you must create one of your own.

    And since this is a public forum there will always be those who are suckers and those who think it's bs, those with advice and those who just want to be supportive. I just reread this whole thread and I dont see anything from anyone that is overtly negative, save maybe clownracer using the f word.

    Insertion (and anyone else for that matter) is just as entitled to his opinion as anyone else whatever it might be.
    I agree with you. That is exactly what I did. I offered my opinion on what would be best for this thread in this forum on this day for this person. I didn't give Insertion an order. Nor would I.

    I happen to think what I said makes sense. Good luck with your child. I know you must be really looking forward to getting her home! She'll be cartwheeling in no time.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  13.    #113  
    whoever wants updates on kayon pm me with your e-mail address I'm done with treocentral its too.....im done
  14.    #114  
    oh and mods lock this thread I was going to print it for kayon when she got better but its gotten too ugly
  15. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #115  
    "whoever wants updates on kayon pm me with your e-mail address I'm done with treocentral its too.....im done"

    my friend, I can hardly blame you. this sort of thing simply makes you shake your head. I wish you and your wife all the best.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    whoever wants updates on kayon pm me with your e-mail address I'm done with treocentral its too.....im done
    NOT without the prayer you originally ask for your not. Not if I can help it.

    ....Lord, Watch over the loved ones of this individual. Give them comfort and peace in knowing that all will be well. We may not know why you choose to lead us down certain paths, but we may take comfort in knowing that YOU Lord are our guide in that journey. Regardless of the destination, you will guide us all the way. Amen.


    Peace Brother. God Bless.
  17. #117  
    Why did I do that?

    If he's legit...he needed it.
    If he's a con...he needed it.
    Why did I do it in a public forum?
    Because the USA still has no laws against it.
    'nuff said.
  18. #118  
    wow...what a mess(the whole thread)

    Good luck everyone.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    After reading this thread to the end I am dazed at how rude and empty some of you really are. But that's not why I come back, I would like to know how Racer's wife is doing and it's refreshing to read the best wishes and sincere concern from the TreoCentral community.
    big hug! you said exactly how i feel.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    wow...what a mess(the whole thread)

    Good luck everyone.
    You should see some of the pm's. Whew!

    Clownracer I hope you and your wife get through this with flying colors. I wasn't trying to be mean to you, but my advice was sound whether you liked how it was presented or not. (I am assuming not because of the **** you, wasn't "love" was it? )
    You can't be kicked out fo the hospital for no insurance.
    You have 60 days to start Cobra.
    The kid with the engine can wait.
    Call the power company and explain. They may give you a break.
    Same with your landlord.
    Screw the credit card. They cant do anything anyway.
    Ask your boss for help. What's the worst he can say? No. OK so your no better off but at least you asked.
    Focus on your wife and the now. The future you can worry about later.

    You are in our prayers(yep mine too) and we all hope for your wife's safe and healthy return to normal life.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions